Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Right banana liqueur for bananas foster?

One brand I found costs over $20 for a 750 ml. bottle, and the other costs about half that - except it says "creme de banana" - for cocktail mixes.

Should I assume that the more expensive brand is what bananas foster recipes call for, since I don't quite know the difference between the brands other than the price?

Lenona.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> One brand I found costs over $20 for a 750 ml. bottle, and the other costs
> about half that - except it says "creme de banana" - for cocktail mixes.
>
> Should I assume that the more expensive brand is what bananas foster
> recipes call for, since I don't quite know the difference between the
> brands other than the price?

You can leave out the liqueur and just use dark rum.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jul 24, 3:20*pm, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > One brand I found costs over $20 for a 750 ml. bottle, and the other costs
> > about half that - except it says "creme de banana" - for cocktail mixes..

> > Should I assume that the more expensive brand is what bananas foster
> > recipes call for, since I don't quite know the difference between the
> > brands other than the price?

> You can leave out the liqueur and just use dark rum.

If you wan to make an authentic bananas Foster, use the banana
liquor. I use Bols.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-07-24, ImStillMags > wrote:

> If you wan to make an authentic bananas Foster, use the banana
> liquor.

Without a doubt! One can muck it up any way they like, but the real
deal uses banana liqueur:

http://www.neworleansrestaurants.com...s_brennans.php

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
On Jul 24, 3:20 pm, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > One brand I found costs over $20 for a 750 ml. bottle, and the other
> > costs
> > about half that - except it says "creme de banana" - for cocktail mixes.

> > Should I assume that the more expensive brand is what bananas foster
> > recipes call for, since I don't quite know the difference between the
> > brands other than the price?

> You can leave out the liqueur and just use dark rum.

If you wan to make an authentic bananas Foster, use the banana
liquor. I use Bols.

If she's talking about Hiram Walker CdB that would work fine.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Le mardi 24 juillet 2012 22:34:22 UTC+1, (inconnu) a écrit*:
> One brand I found costs over $20 for a 750 ml. bottle, and the other costs about half that - except it says "creme de banana" - for cocktail mixes.
>
> Should I assume that the more expensive brand is what bananas foster recipes call for, since I don't quite know the difference between the brands other than the price?
>
> Lenona.

c ps la pane

Bananas Foster fan123 Recipes 1 23-09-2010 11:45 AM
Bananas Foster Tracy E. Carman Recipes (moderated) 0 27-08-2009 02:15 PM
Bananas Foster Duckie ® Recipes 0 30-05-2005 02:12 AM
Bananas Foster Tart Ranee Mueller General Cooking 2 05-08-2004 02:10 AM
Non-alcoholic Bananas Foster? Jim Caldwell Recipes 1 11-10-2003 02:31 AM