Posted to alt.revisionism,can.politics,alt.politics,rec.food.cooking

Default The world's longest picnic

Lord Kitchener was a famous lad. Famous for putting Boer wives,
children and old men into concentration camps. Never mind that
though, here's the city of Kitchener's contribution to picnics...
As far as I know, the city of Kitchener was not incorporated until
1916. So why the centennial celebrations?
We used to be called Berlin until 1916.
http://www.570news.com/news/local/ar...picnic-attempt
{
As part of the City of Kitchener's centennial celebrations, the City
of Kitchener has a chance to be in the Guinness Book of World Records
today. At 11 am, everybody is invited to bring or buy a lunch and sit
along King Street in the hopes of being the World's Longest Picnic.

The Manager of Special Events for the City of Kitchener, Jeff
Young, tells 570 News about the record to beat: "The current record
right now spans approximately 2 km, so we're shooting for around 8,000
people and that would comfortably give us the record which would make
it just under 3km for our picnic".

Young says with enthusiasm on the event, "If we set a record
that's fantastic. If we fall a little bit short we're confidant it's
probably the biggest picnic in Canada, and it just comes down to it's
an opportunity to get the community together and just have a fun event
in the summer".

The record attempt is being held from Francis to Frederick, then
up and back along Duke Street, where tables and chairs are being
provided.

The official measuring will begin at noon.

}
Posted to alt.revisionism,can.politics,alt.politics,rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 14:30:39 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love with Nazi Scum
wrote:

> Lord Kitchener was a famous lad. Famous for putting Boer wives,

<flush yet another huge load of moose droppings>

You got a point to make, you funny "German" wannabe from Canada? <BG>
Posted to alt.revisionism,alt.idiots,alt.politics,rec.food.cooking

"A Moose in Love" > wrote in message
> Lord Kitchener was a famous lad. Famous for putting Boer wives,
> children and old men into concentration camps. Never mind that
> though, here's the city of Kitchener's contribution to picnics...
> As far as I know, the city of Kitchener was not incorporated until
> 1916. So why the centennial celebrations?
> We used to be called Berlin until 1916.
> http://www.570news.com/news/local/ar...picnic-attempt
> {
> As part of the City of Kitchener's centennial celebrations, the City
> of Kitchener has a chance to be in the Guinness Book of World Records
> today. At 11 am, everybody is invited to bring or buy a lunch and sit
> along King Street in the hopes of being the World's Longest Picnic.
>
> The Manager of Special Events for the City of Kitchener, Jeff
> Young, tells 570 News about the record to beat: "The current record
> right now spans approximately 2 km, so we're shooting for around 8,000
> people and that would comfortably give us the record which would make
> it just under 3km for our picnic".
>
> Young says with enthusiasm on the event, "If we set a record
> that's fantastic. If we fall a little bit short we're confidant it's
> probably the biggest picnic in Canada, and it just comes down to it's
> an opportunity to get the community together and just have a fun event
> in the summer".
>
> The record attempt is being held from Francis to Frederick, then
> up and back along Duke Street, where tables and chairs are being
> provided.
>
> The official measuring will begin at noon.
>
> }

Posted to alt.revisionism,alt.idiots,alt.politics,rec.food.cooking