Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Julia Child's 100th Birthday

http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:

> http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/
>
> Tara

She's still alive? :-O
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jul 13, 12:50*pm, Tara > wrote:
> http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/
>
> Tara

Bon Appetite Julia......wherever you are.!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-07-13 21:25:46 +0000, Gary said:

> Tara wrote:
>>
>> http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/
>>
>> Tara

> She's still alive? :-O

No she is not...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

nikko myers wrote:
>Gary said:
>> Tara wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/
>>>
>>> Tara

>> She's still alive? :-O

>No she is not...

Not what, nasty nikko...

Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

nikko myers wrote:

> > She's still alive? :-O

> No she is not...

Not even a little? Search your feelings....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> nikko myers wrote:
>>Gary said:

>>> She's still alive? :-O

>>No she is not...

> Not what, nasty nikko...
>
> Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
> in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
> http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

Yep, she donated her kitchen to the Smithsonian What a wonderful museum.
I subscribe to the magazine. Fun stuff!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
>"jmcquown" wrote:

>>> Not what, nasty nikko...
>>>
>>> Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
>>> in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
>>> http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

>> Yep, she donated her kitchen to the Smithsonian What a wonderful
>> museum. I subscribe to the magazine. Fun stuff!

>The Smithsonian, while awesome is not a day trip. Too huge.

Very few museums are a day trip, most require several visits. Just
about every museum I've been to I've returned many times or wish I
lived close enough to return often. One of the most interesting
museums is The Museum of Man in the Peg (Winnipeg).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manitoba_Museum
http://www.manitobamuseum.ca/main/
Winnipeg also boasts a wonderful conservatory:
http://www.assiniboinepark.ca/index.php
Winnipeg is one of my favorite cities, also boasts great food... I've
been four times, I'm due. I'll probably stay at The Fort Gary again,
superb dining:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Garry_Hotel
http://www.fortgarryhotel.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 3:43*am, Andy > wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
> Jill,
>
> The Smithsonian, while awesome is not a day trip. Too huge. A great
> American historical repository, starting funded by some guy from England.
> Smith???
>
> I subscribe to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

The Smithsonian was founded by James Smithson.

http://siarchives.si.edu/history/exh...s/smithson.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> "jmcquown" > wrote:

>>> Not what, nasty nikko...
>>>
>>> Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
>>> in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
>>> http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

>> Yep, she donated her kitchen to the Smithsonian What a wonderful
>> museum. I subscribe to the magazine. Fun stuff!
>>
>> Jill

> The Smithsonian, while awesome is not a day trip. Too huge.

(snippage)

It's not only huge, it's not one building. I haven't been there since the
1960's. It took about 5 days to go through all those buildings. I don't
even want to think about how big it is now

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> nikko myers wrote:
> >Gary said:

> >> She's still alive? :-O

> >No she is not...

> Not what, nasty nikko...
>
> Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
> in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
> http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

Last year when I was in DC for a meeting, I made the pilgrimage down to
the Mall to worship at the shrine of St. Julia. Worth the trip--and
admission is free.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:57:30 -0700, Cindy Fuller
> wrote:

> Last year when I was in DC for a meeting, I made the pilgrimage down to
> the Mall to worship at the shrine of St. Julia. Worth the trip--and
> admission is free.

Really? Something is still free in this day and age? Will wonders
ever cease?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Fuller wrote:
> In article >,
> Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>
>> nikko myers wrote:

>>> No she is not...

>> Not what, nasty nikko...
>>
>> Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
>> in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
>> http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

> Last year when I was in DC for a meeting, I made the pilgrimage down to
> the Mall to worship at the shrine of St. Julia. Worth the trip--and
> admission is free.
>
> Cindy

Sigh. I'd love to do that.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/12 11:57 PM, Cindy Fuller wrote:

> Last year when I was in DC for a meeting, I made the pilgrimage down to
> the Mall to worship at the shrine of St. Julia. Worth the trip--and
> admission is free.
>
> Cindy

A couple of years ago I attended a critical care conference in DC. For a
special event night they opened three of the Smithsonian museums after
hours for us to view the displays privately.
Julia's kitchen was probably the biggest draw of the night.

"Julie & Julia", Julia Child, Meryl Streep and Rachel Khoo [email protected] General Cooking 30 04-12-2012 09:42 PM
Happy 100th Birthday, Julia Child! Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 7 19-08-2012 01:42 AM
Julia Child Opinicus Historic 1 28-01-2007 02:35 AM
Julie and Julia: Favorite Julia Child Recipes? Karen MacInerney General Cooking 8 08-01-2006 04:35 PM
Julia Child Julia Altshuler General Cooking 1 14-08-2004 11:52 AM