Old 11-07-2012, 05:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default You ever get a fortune cookie that did not have the fortune inside?

I cracked open one Sunday and nothing inside. What does this mean?

I opened one about 3 years ago, and it said "You will change occupation
soon"

Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 11:15*pm, "Somebody" wrote:

I cracked open one Sunday and nothing inside. What does this mean?

I opened one about 3 years ago, and it said "You will change occupation
soon"

How would I know if I ever get a fortune cookie with no fortune
inside? I always leave them on the table, unopened, when I leave.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:
I cracked open one Sunday and nothing inside. What does this mean?

It means that the gods are too afraid to tell you.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:50 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"DavidW" wrote in message
Somebody wrote:
I cracked open one Sunday and nothing inside. What does this mean?

It means that the gods are too afraid to tell you.

But isn't the point of the FC the message inside? Without the message, the
fortune cookie should eat itself.

I had this happen once before a few years ago.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:
"DavidW" wrote in message
Somebody wrote:
I cracked open one Sunday and nothing inside. What does this mean?

It means that the gods are too afraid to tell you.

But isn't the point of the FC the message inside?

Normally, but if the news is grave enough it is left out. By leaving the cookie
intact but empty, you at least know it's something very bad.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"DavidW" wrote in message
Somebody wrote:
"DavidW" wrote in message
Somebody wrote:
I cracked open one Sunday and nothing inside. What does this mean?

It means that the gods are too afraid to tell you.

But isn't the point of the FC the message inside?

Normally, but if the news is grave enough it is left out. By leaving the
cookie intact but empty, you at least know it's something very bad.

I have a job interview tomorrow. What are you saying?

Old 11-07-2012, 06:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:
"DavidW" wrote in message
Somebody wrote:
"DavidW" wrote in message
Somebody wrote:
I cracked open one Sunday and nothing inside. What does this mean?

It means that the gods are too afraid to tell you.

But isn't the point of the FC the message inside?

Normally, but if the news is grave enough it is left out. By leaving
the cookie intact but empty, you at least know it's something very
bad.

I have a job interview tomorrow. What are you saying?

Possibly that things will go so badly that you will assault the interviewer, and
things will descend from there.

No, you'll be fine. I made it all up :-)

Old 11-07-2012, 06:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"DavidW" wrote in message
Somebody wrote:
"DavidW" wrote in message
Somebody wrote:
I cracked open one Sunday and nothing inside. What does this mean?

It means that the gods are too afraid to tell you.

But isn't the point of the FC the message inside?

Normally, but if the news is grave enough it is left out. By leaving the
cookie intact but empty, you at least know it's something very bad.

I'm going with this:

SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): "Life always gives us exactly the teacher we
need at every moment," said Zen teacher Charlotte Joko Beck. "This
includes every mosquito, every misfortune, every red light, every traffic
jam, every obnoxious supervisor (or employee), every illness, every loss,
every moment of joy or depression, every addiction, every piece of
garbage, every breath." While I appreciate Beck's advice, I'm perplexed
why she put such a heavy emphasis on lessons that arise from difficult
events. In the weeks ahead, you'll be proof that this is shortsighted. Your
teachers are likely to be expansive, benevolent, and generous.
http://freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/

Old 11-07-2012, 06:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 00:15:24 -0400, "Somebody" wrote:

I cracked open one Sunday and nothing inside. What does this mean?

Not a good sign, if you believe in that sort of things.

I opened one about 3 years ago, and it said "You will change occupation
soon"

Did you?

Old 11-07-2012, 01:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/07/2012 12:15 AM, Somebody wrote:
I cracked open one Sunday and nothing inside. What does this mean?

I opened one about 3 years ago, and it said "You will change occupation
soon"

We once had a boss who was a regular little weasel. His position had
being eliminated but he were stuck with the jerk while they tried to
find a place for him. We ordered Chinese food in for Christmas Eve lunch
and one of us got a fortune cookie with a fortune that said something
about having a lot of leisure time in the near future. We fished the
fortune out of another cookie and slipped that one in its place and made
sure that he got it.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:

I cracked open one Sunday and nothing inside. What does this mean?

You don't want to know.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

I cracked open one Sunday and nothing inside. What does this mean?

You are now past your expiration date.

George L

Old 11-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Senior Member

Location: WI

2012, baby. Even the Chinese fortune business knows it's comin'.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:

I cracked open one Sunday and nothing inside. What does this mean?

You're FUBAR

Old 11-07-2012, 03:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 11, 12:15*am, "Somebody" wrote:
I cracked open one Sunday and nothing inside. What does this mean?

check to make sure you're still alive