Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spaghetti Frittata With Mussels And Asparagus

PanDOODOO wrote:

A shellfish omelet... BLECH... doesn't get more TIAD except for the
asparagus... asparagus with seafood is as TIAD as mushrooms with
seafood.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29/06/2012 11:10 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> PanDOODOO wrote:
>>

> A shellfish omelet... BLECH... doesn't get more TIAD except for the
> asparagus... asparagus with seafood is as TIAD as mushrooms with
> seafood.

Poppycock.... one of the favourite dishes in our house is a pasta,
asparagus and shrimp stir fry. Cook the pasta. Saute lots of chopped
garlic in olive oil with a good pinch of hot chili flakes, then add
chopped asparagus and shrimp. Toss in the pasta and top with freshly
grated Parmesan.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29 Giu, 17:46, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 29/06/2012 11:10 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
> > PanDOODOO wrote:

> > A shellfish omelet... BLECH... doesn't get more TIAD except for the
> > asparagus... asparagus with seafood is as TIAD as mushrooms with
> > seafood.

> Poppycock.... one of the favourite dishes in our house is a pasta,
> asparagus and shrimp stir fry. *Cook the pasta. Saute lots of chopped
> garlic in olive oil with a good pinch of hot chili flakes, then add
> chopped asparagus and shrimp. *Toss in the pasta and top with freshly
> grated Parmesan.

Yummy as the couple zucchini and shrimps
cheers
Pandy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:46:47 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 29/06/2012 11:10 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> PanDOODOO wrote:
>>>

>> A shellfish omelet... BLECH... doesn't get more TIAD except for the
>> asparagus... asparagus with seafood is as TIAD as mushrooms with
>> seafood.
>>

>Poppycock....

Hey, my neighbor's dog eats its own shit.

>one of the favourite dishes in our house is a pasta,
>asparagus and shrimp stir fry.

Pasta is not an omelet, but still shrimp with asparagus is awful...
are you sure in your past life you weren't a German shepherd?

>Toss in the pasta and top with freshly grated Parmesan.

Shrimp with cheese proves your entire family has their taste buds in
their ass... go know TIAD is genetic and communicable.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Shelley has a new lament.

> >> A shellfish omelet... BLECH... doesn't get more TIAD except for the
> >> asparagus... asparagus with seafood is as TIAD as mushrooms with
> >> seafood.

> >Poppycock....

> Hey, my neighbor's dog eats its own shit.

It's always something. Just when you thought you had a perfect source
of free ravioli filler, along comes a pooch to spoil your party.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 29/06/2012 11:10 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > PanDOODOO wrote:
> >>

> > A shellfish omelet... BLECH... doesn't get more TIAD except for the
> > asparagus... asparagus with seafood is as TIAD as mushrooms with
> > seafood.
> >

> Poppycock.... one of the favourite dishes in our house is a pasta,
> asparagus and shrimp stir fry. Cook the pasta. Saute lots of chopped
> garlic in olive oil with a good pinch of hot chili flakes, then add
> chopped asparagus and shrimp. Toss in the pasta and top with freshly
> grated Parmesan.

That sounds pretty good to me.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> PanDOODOO wrote:
>>

> A shellfish omelet... BLECH... doesn't get more TIAD except for the
> asparagus... asparagus with seafood is as TIAD as mushrooms with
> seafood.

Technically a frittata isn't an omelet. And a very popular appetizer is
crab-stuffed mushrooms.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> And a very popular appetizer is
> crab-stuffed mushrooms.

That does sound very good to me, Jill! :-D

If you want a "to die for" crab appetizer try this recipe.
Don't look at it and dismiss it....try it no matter what you think.
You'll be glad you did.
It's my all-time favorite crab recipe and I've tried many.

G.

Here's the old post found in my recipe folder:

I finally found this old crab recipe. If you like crabmeat and cheese,
you can't go wrong with this one. It's perfect for any occasion.

One summer, my wife and I went crabbing often, came home, steamed them
and spent many hours watching movies and picking crabs.... by summer's
end, we had 28 pounds of crabmeat in the freezer.

We tried many different recipes but this one was, by far, the best!
AUNT BETTY'S CRABBIES

1 stick soft butter
1 jar Kraft Old English cheese (it's about a 4 or 6 oz. jar)
1 1/2 tsp. mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
Mix together then Add: 1/2 lb. crabmeat
6 English Muffins split in half

Spread crab meat mixture on the muffin halves. Cook immediately or wrap
and freeze.
Toast in toaster oven or broiler until slightly browned, cut into
quarters and serve.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-06-30, jmcquown > wrote:

> Technically a frittata isn't an omelet.

I don't know, Jill. I'd say it's closer to an omelet than a quiche,
at least the one's I've had. Kinda half and half. Basically a thick
skillet baked omelet. It's got the eggs like an omelet, but no cream
to make a custard, like a quiche. YMMV

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!
Support labeling GMOs
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:04:16 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
.. .
>> PanDOODOO wrote:
>>>

>> A shellfish omelet... BLECH... doesn't get more TIAD except for the
>> asparagus... asparagus with seafood is as TIAD as mushrooms with
>> seafood.

>Technically a frittata isn't an omelet.

"Technically".

frittata [frih-TAH-tuh]
An Italian OMELET that usually has the ingredients mixed with the eggs
rather than being folded inside, as with a French omelet. It can be
flipped or the top can be finished under a broiling unit. An omelet is
cooked quickly over moderately high heat and, after folding, has a
flat-sided half-oval shape. A frittata is firmer because it's cooked
very slowly over low heat, and round because it isn't folded.

© Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995 based on THE FOOD
LOVER'S COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> And a very popular appetizer is
>> crab-stuffed mushrooms.

>That does sound very good to me, Jill! :-D

And don't forget the cheese... shove a big wedge of fatchamattaroni
cheese up your butt so you can get a better taste. LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >jmcquown wrote:
> >>
> >> And a very popular appetizer is
> >> crab-stuffed mushrooms.

> >That does sound very good to me, Jill! :-D

> And don't forget the cheese... shove a big wedge of fatchamattaroni
> cheese up your butt so you can get a better taste. LOL

LOL@ Back off, Sheldon! I defended your overgrassed lawn today!

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:04:16 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
. ..
>>> PanDOODOO wrote:
>>>>
>>> A shellfish omelet... BLECH... doesn't get more TIAD except for the
>>> asparagus... asparagus with seafood is as TIAD as mushrooms with
>>> seafood.

>>Technically a frittata isn't an omelet.

> "Technically".
>
> frittata [frih-TAH-tuh]
> An Italian OMELET that usually has the ingredients mixed with the eggs
> rather than being folded inside, as with a French omelet. It can be
> flipped or the top can be finished under a broiling unit. An omelet is
> cooked quickly over moderately high heat and, after folding, has a
> flat-sided half-oval shape. A frittata is firmer because it's cooked
> very slowly over low heat, and round because it isn't folded.
>
> © Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995 based on THE FOOD
> LOVER'S COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst.

I don't really care what Barron's has to say about it. I've never put
spaghetti in an omelet

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 11:28:23 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:04:16 -0400, "jmcquown" >
>> wrote:

>>>Technically a frittata isn't an omelet.

>> "Technically".
>>
>> frittata [frih-TAH-tuh]
>> An Italian OMELET that usually has the ingredients mixed with the eggs
>> rather than being folded inside, as with a French omelet. It can be
>> flipped or the top can be finished under a broiling unit. An omelet is
>> cooked quickly over moderately high heat and, after folding, has a
>> flat-sided half-oval shape. A frittata is firmer because it's cooked
>> very slowly over low heat, and round because it isn't folded.
>>
>> © Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995 based on THE FOOD
>> LOVER'S COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst.
>>

>I don't really care what Barron's has to say about it. I've never put
>spaghetti in an omelet

Me neither, I prefer fried potatoes, onions, and peppers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30 Giu, 16:37, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:04:16 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> .. .
> >> PanDOODOO wrote:

> >> A shellfish omelet... BLECH... doesn't get more TIAD except for the
> >> asparagus... asparagus with seafood is as TIAD as mushrooms with
> >> seafood.

> >Technically a frittata isn't an omelet.

> "Technically".
>
> frittata [frih-TAH-tuh]
> An Italian OMELET that usually has the ingredients mixed with the eggs
> rather than being folded inside, as with a French omelet. It can be
> flipped or the top can be finished under a broiling unit. An omelet is
> cooked quickly over moderately high heat and, after folding, has a
> flat-sided half-oval shape. A frittata is firmer because it's cooked
> very slowly over low heat, and round because it isn't folded.
>
> © Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995 based on THE FOOD
> LOVER'S COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst.

Frittata is not an omelette!
cheers
Pandy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> I don't really care what Barron's has to say about it. I've never put
> spaghetti in an omelet

I tried one of those egg dishes that starts with leftover spaghetti
*once* and it was awful. Yuck. I thought I would like it because I
love carbonara, but I was wrong.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:01:56 -0700 (PDT), Pandora >
wrote:

> On 30 Giu, 16:37, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> > On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:04:16 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> > wrote:
> >

> > >"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> > .. .

> > >Technically a frittata isn't an omelet.

> > "Technically".
> >
> > frittata [frih-TAH-tuh]
> > An Italian OMELET that usually has the ingredients mixed with the eggs
> > rather than being folded inside, as with a French omelet. It can be
> > flipped or the top can be finished under a broiling unit. An omelet is
> > cooked quickly over moderately high heat and, after folding, has a
> > flat-sided half-oval shape. A frittata is firmer because it's cooked
> > very slowly over low heat, and round because it isn't folded.
> >
> > © Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995 based on THE FOOD
> > LOVER'S COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst.

> Frittata is not an omelette!

That's how I feel about it too. No how, no way.