Old 30-06-2012, 07:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spaghetti Frittata With Mussels And Asparagus

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 11:28:23 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

I don't really care what Barron's has to say about it. I've never put
spaghetti in an omelet

I tried one of those egg dishes that starts with leftover spaghetti
*once* and it was awful. Yuck. I thought I would like it because I
love carbonara, but I was wrong.

Old 30-06-2012, 07:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:01:56 -0700 (PDT), Pandora
wrote:

On 30 Giu, 16:37, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:04:16 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

"Brooklyn1" Gravesend1 wrote in message
.. .
PanDOODOO wrote:

A shellfish omelet... BLECH... doesn't get more TIAD except for the
asparagus... asparagus with seafood is as TIAD as mushrooms with
seafood.

Technically a frittata isn't an omelet.

"Technically".

frittata [frih-TAH-tuh]
An Italian OMELET that usually has the ingredients mixed with the eggs
rather than being folded inside, as with a French omelet. It can be
flipped or the top can be finished under a broiling unit. An omelet is
cooked quickly over moderately high heat and, after folding, has a
flat-sided half-oval shape. A frittata is firmer because it's cooked
very slowly over low heat, and round because it isn't folded.

Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995 based on THE FOOD
LOVER'S COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst.

Frittata is not an omelette!

That's how I feel about it too. No how, no way.