Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default $4 off next purchase

The last three times I purchased Morningstar, I got a coupon in the
checkout: "$4 off any purchase, compliments of Morningstar"

They are usually at the "new low price" of $4.39 but have been on sale for
$3.99; then Kroger is having a buy 5 and get $1 off each. So I have been
buying 5. With the $4 off coupon at checkout, that is almost under $2 for a
pack of four!

I've not noticed a coupon like this before where it's off anything. What if
I use the $4 off coupon to buy Gardenburger, or Boca Burger?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 11:23:22 -0400, "Somebody"
> wrote:

> The last three times I purchased Morningstar, I got a coupon in the
> checkout: "$4 off any purchase, compliments of Morningstar"
>
> They are usually at the "new low price" of $4.39 but have been on sale for
> $3.99; then Kroger is having a buy 5 and get $1 off each. So I have been
> buying 5. With the $4 off coupon at checkout, that is almost under $2 for a
> pack of four!
>
> I've not noticed a coupon like this before where it's off anything. What if
> I use the $4 off coupon to buy Gardenburger, or Boca Burger?

I don't use coupons unless it's Bed, Bath and Beyond, so I can only
say "It's worth a shot". The worst that will happen is they'll say
"No".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:

> The last three times I purchased Morningstar, I got a coupon in the
> checkout: "$4 off any purchase, compliments of Morningstar"
> I've not noticed a coupon like this before where it's off anything. What if
> I use the $4 off coupon to buy Gardenburger, or Boca Burger?

Since you asked...

God will strike you down and send you to Coupon Hell for seven years
or until the world ends (whichever comes first).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 11:23:22 -0400, "Somebody"
> > wrote:
>
>> The last three times I purchased Morningstar, I got a coupon in the
>> checkout: "$4 off any purchase, compliments of Morningstar"
>>
>> I've not noticed a coupon like this before where it's off anything. What
>> if
>> I use the $4 off coupon to buy Gardenburger, or Boca Burger?

Sorry to piggy back, sf. Of course they're giving the OP $$ off. They're
trying really hard to promote non-meat products that tastes like and
resembles meat. I've tried Boca Burgers. I tried Gardenburgers, too.
They're not bad. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy the stuff, but I have
tried them. Do these people stop to read the label? This is straight from
Boca Burger website, the ingredients list:

"WATER, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, REDUCED FAT CHEDDAR CHEESE (PASTEURIZED
PART-SKIM MILK, CHEESE CULTURE, SALT, ENZYMES, ANNATTO (COLOR), VITAMIN A
PALMITATE), WHEAT GLUTEN, CORN OIL, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF
METHYLCELLULOSE, HYDROLYZED CORN PROTEIN, WHEAT GLUTEN AND SOY PROTEIN,
SALT, CARAMEL COLOR, CHEESE POWDER (CHEDDAR CHEESE (MILK, CHEESE CULTURE,
SALT, ENZYMES), CREAM, SALT, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, LACTIC ACID), DRIED ONIONS,
YEAST EXTRACT, NATURAL FLAVOR (NON-MEAT), SESAME OIL, DISODIUM GUANYLATE,
DISODIUM INOSINATE, BROWNED IN CORN OIL"

Ooooh, now doesn't that sound yummy? And healthy! Make me want to rush off
and become a vegetarian. LOLOL

They have "chik'n" patties, too:

"PATTY - WATER, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, TEXTURED WHEAT
PROTEIN (WHEAT GLUTEN, WHEAT FLOUR), CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF WHEAT GLUTEN,
YEAST EXTRACT, METHYLCELLULOSE, SALT, SPICE (CONTAINS BLACK PEPPER), NATURAL
FLAVOR (NON-MEAT), HYDROLYZED SOYBEAN AND CORN PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED CORN
GLUTEN, ONION POWDER, SUGAR, SUCCINIC ACID, THIAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN
B1). BATTER - WATER, WHEAT FLOUR, YELLOW CORN FLOUR, SALT. BREADING - WHEAT
FLOUR, DEXTROSE, SALT, DRIED YEAST, CARAMEL COLOR, YELLOW CORN FLOUR,
EXTRACTIVES OF PAPRIKA AND ANNATTO FOR COLOR. BROWNED IN CORN OIL."

Yeah, I've got to get some of that! Because I really want manufactured
pretend chicken, manufactured, processed, sliced, diced and ready to go
crap. They make breakfast "sausage", too. I wouldn't really call it
sausage. I don't need to list the ingredients because it's more of the
same. And it's all pretending to be meat.

I honestly don't care if someone is vegetarian. Eat whatever you want. But
this stuff is processed junk.

Jill