Jessica

Default Pumpkin Soup or Pumpkin Pie

If you have a recipe for pumpkin soup and/or pumpkin pie, please post
it.

Thanks in advance! :-)
Jessica
MurphAssoc

I second that. The other evening we had dinner at the Museum of Art in Raleigh
and I had warm pumpkin soup with pesto topping as well as a pumpkin creme
brulee that was marvelous....knew better than to ask for recipe but if anyone
can approximate will be watching.
TIA,
Judith
Steve Calvin

MurphAssoc wrote:
> I second that. The other evening we had dinner at the Museum of Art in Raleigh
> and I had warm pumpkin soup with pesto topping as well as a pumpkin creme
> brulee that was marvelous....knew better than to ask for recipe but if anyone
> can approximate will be watching.
> TIA,
> Judith

You'll second WHAT? It usually helps if you quote what you're
replying to. *Not* the entire post, just what you're talking about.

--
Steve

Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna
eat the next thing that comes outta it's ass?"

Dave Smith

Jessica wrote:

> If you have a recipe for pumpkin soup and/or pumpkin pie, please post
> it.

Unless you want to g to the work of finding a pumpkin, cleaning it out
cooking it and then scraping out the flesh you are going to need a can of
pumpkin, and almost every brand of pumpkin has a recipe right on the side
of the can. It's basically egg, brown sugar and cream (or condensed
milk or whole milk or combinations thereof) with some cinnamon, nutmeg
and / or allspice and a can of pumpkin. A little rum or brandy is nice in
it too.

jmcquown

Jessica wrote:
> If you have a recipe for pumpkin soup and/or pumpkin pie, please post
> it.
>
> Thanks in advance! :-)
> Jessica

From the American Heart Association Quick & Easy Cookbook

16 oz. can plain pumpkin
10-1/2 oz. can low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper*
dash of ground nutmeg
12 oz. can evaporated skim milk
1/4 c. lowfat sour cream
1 Tbs. toasted pumpkin seeds (optional; garnish)

In medium saucepan combine pumpkin, broth, salt, onion powder (you may use
finely minced onion), pepper and nutmeg. Cover over medium-high heat until
bubbly, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in evaporated skim
milk. Heat through, about 5 minutes, but do not boil. Spoon into 4 bowls
to serve and garnish with a dollop of non-fat sour cream and pumpkin seeds
if desired.

*This recipe isn't at all spicy; I use cayenne pepper to punch it up. You
may also add some curry powder if you wish.

Jill

Dave Smith

jmcquown wrote:

> Jessica wrote:
> > If you have a recipe for pumpkin soup and/or pumpkin pie, please post
> > it.
> >
> > Thanks in advance! :-)
> > Jessica

> From the American Heart Association Quick & Easy Cookbook
>
> 16 oz. can plain pumpkin
> 10-1/2 oz. can low-sodium chicken broth
> 1/4 tsp. salt
> 1/4 tsp. onion powder
> 1/4 tsp. black pepper*
> dash of ground nutmeg
> 12 oz. can evaporated skim milk
> 1/4 c. lowfat sour cream
> 1 Tbs. toasted pumpkin seeds (optional; garnish)
>
> In medium saucepan combine pumpkin, broth, salt, onion powder (you may use
> finely minced onion), pepper and nutmeg. Cover over medium-high heat until
> bubbly, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in evaporated skim
> milk. Heat through, about 5 minutes, but do not boil. Spoon into 4 bowls
> to serve and garnish with a dollop of non-fat sour cream and pumpkin seeds
> if desired.
>
> *This recipe isn't at all spicy; I use cayenne pepper to punch it up. You
> may also add some curry powder if you wish.

I think any squash tastes better with curry (and pumpkin is a squash)