Posted to alt.news-media,alt.politics,rec.food.cooking

Default Junk Food

A major TV studio is in the news saying that they will not accept ads
for junk food and that because of the obesity problem.

There's also a scientific study that says that men who drink several
cups of coffee per day have fewer prostrate problems.

On the first item I can say that people are not getting enough
exercise. And on the second item I don't think that coffee prevents
prostrate problems in middle-aged men but I do think that carbonated
beverages cause prostrate problems.

So there's a brilliant solution here and that's distribution of ready-
to-drink teas that are brewed at water boiling temperature and that
taste like good tea. Also put 1/2 ounce of orange juice in it and no
sugar and no preservatives. The problem is that tea without sugar in
it needs refrigeration.

Now name all the beverage companies that are willing to distribute
refrigerated brewed tea. The opportunity is there but these people
with business degrees who brag about profit margins are apparently not
interested.
Posted to alt.news-media,alt.politics,rec.food.cooking

On Jun 6, 12:06*am, PolicySpy > wrote:
> A major TV studio is in the news saying that they will not accept ads
> for junk food and that because of the obesity problem.
>
> There's also a scientific study that says that men who drink several
> cups of coffee per day have fewer prostrate problems.
>
> On the first item I can say that people are not getting enough
> exercise. And on the second item I don't think that coffee prevents
> prostrate problems in middle-aged men but I do think that carbonated
> beverages cause prostrate problems.
>
> So there's a brilliant solution here and that's distribution of ready-
> to-drink teas that are brewed at water boiling temperature and that
> taste like good tea. *Also put 1/2 ounce of orange juice in it and no
> sugar and no preservatives. The problem is that tea without sugar in
> it needs refrigeration.
>
> Now name all the beverage companies that are willing to distribute
> refrigerated brewed tea. The opportunity is there but these people
> with business degrees who brag about profit margins are apparently not
> interested.

Well, I found Nestea refrigerated unsweetened tea in 1/2 gallon size.
But it still has preservatives in it. The refrigeration might just be
a marketing ploy since one of their other refrigerated teas is full of
corn syrup. The label says "natural brewed" which is not a good sign
because nature often doesn't brew tea at water boiling temperature.
But the company FAQ says that the refrigerated tea is pasteurized and
that is the right idea as long as it is tea-bag brewed and not instant
tea stirred in.

Another problem, when they flavor the tea they don't use fruit juice
but use "natural flavor". The next problem is that it's not in soda-
can size.
Posted to alt.news-media,alt.politics,rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 21:06:57 -0700 (PDT), PolicySpy
> wrote:

>A major TV studio is in the news saying that they will not accept ads
>for junk food and that because of the obesity problem.
>
>There's also a scientific study that says that men who drink several
>cups of coffee per day have fewer prostrate problems.
>
>On the first item I can say that people are not getting enough
>exercise. And on the second item I don't think that coffee prevents
>prostrate problems in middle-aged men but I do think that carbonated
>beverages cause prostrate problems.
>
>So there's a brilliant solution here and that's distribution of ready-
>to-drink teas that are brewed at water boiling temperature and that
>taste like good tea. Also put 1/2 ounce of orange juice in it and no
>sugar and no preservatives. The problem is that tea without sugar in
>it needs refrigeration.
>
>Now name all the beverage companies that are willing to distribute
>refrigerated brewed tea. The opportunity is there but these people
>with business degrees who brag about profit margins are apparently not
>interested.

Solve the problem by drinking beer.

Posted to alt.news-media,alt.politics,rec.food.cooking

On 06/06/2012 1:26 AM, PolicySpy wrote:

> Well, I found Nestea refrigerated unsweetened tea in 1/2 gallon size.
> But it still has preservatives in it. The refrigeration might just be
> a marketing ploy since one of their other refrigerated teas is full of
> corn syrup. The label says "natural brewed" which is not a good sign
> because nature often doesn't brew tea at water boiling temperature.
> But the company FAQ says that the refrigerated tea is pasteurized and
> that is the right idea as long as it is tea-bag brewed and not instant
> tea stirred in.
>
> Another problem, when they flavor the tea they don't use fruit juice
> but use "natural flavor". The next problem is that it's not in soda-
> can size.

I don't understand the popularity of canned ice tea. Sure it's
convenient if you are out somewhere, but if the stuff is being consumed
at home I would think it would be much cheaper to make it at home and
keep it in a pitcher in the fridge. Flavour and sweeten as desired.
Personally, I can't stand the canned stuff.
Posted to alt.news-media,alt.politics,rec.food.cooking

> The Disney Channel.

Yeah, Disney is ABC on broadcast television, Family on cable
television, ESPN on cable television, and Disney on cable television.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PolicySpy wrote:

> > The Disney Channel.
> >

> Yeah, Disney is ABC on broadcast television, Family on cable
> television, ESPN on cable television, and Disney on cable television.

IMO, Walt Disney would be very upset with how his dream has degenerated into
the pre-teen Disney Channel.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 6, 3:24*pm, Gary > wrote:
> PolicySpy wrote:
>
> > > The Disney Channel.

> > Yeah, Disney is ABC on broadcast television, Family on cable
> > television, ESPN on cable television, and Disney on cable television.

> IMO, Walt Disney would be very upset with how his dream has degenerated into
> the pre-teen Disney Channel.

I'm sure he would!
Posted to alt.news-media,alt.politics,rec.food.cooking

> I don't understand the popularity of canned ice tea. Sure it's
> convenient if you are out somewhere, but if the stuff is being consumed
> at home I would think it would be *much cheaper to make it at home and
> keep it in a pitcher in the fridge. Flavour and sweeten as desired.
> Personally, I can't stand the canned stuff.

Yeah, I have had a refrigerated tea as a regional brand in a gallon
milk jug. And it was very good even if it didn't meet my standard of
zero-preservatives and 3% fruit juice.

The trick is to offer refrigerated tea in 16 ounce milk cartons at
convenience stores and then everyone will know from the packaging that
it requires refrigeration.

Also, soda can or soda bottle machines are fundamentally refrigerated.

Also, there is refrigerated de-caf coffee and even with a little milk.

Posted to alt.news-media,alt.politics,rec.food.cooking

On Jun 6, 7:49*pm, PolicySpy > wrote:
> > I don't understand the popularity of canned ice tea. Sure it's
> > convenient if you are out somewhere, but if the stuff is being consumed
> > at home I would think it would be *much cheaper to make it at home and
> > keep it in a pitcher in the fridge. Flavour and sweeten as desired.
> > Personally, I can't stand the canned stuff.

> Yeah, I have had a refrigerated tea as a regional brand in a gallon
> milk jug. And it was very good even if it didn't meet my standard of
> zero-preservatives and 3% fruit juice.
>
> The trick is to offer refrigerated tea in 16 ounce milk cartons at
> convenience stores and then everyone will know from the packaging that
> it requires refrigeration.
>
> Also, soda can or soda bottle machines are fundamentally refrigerated.
>
> Also, there is refrigerated de-caf coffee and even with a little milk.

But to the casual reader:

Refrigerated tea is tea that requires refrigeration and therefor
doesn't require extreme preservatives or doesn't require large amounts
of sugar.
Posted to alt.news-media,alt.politics,rec.food.cooking

> But to the casual reader:

Refrigerated tea is tea that requires refrigeration and therefor
doesn't require exteme preservatives or doesn't require large amounts
of sugar.

Refrigerated tea is likely to be pasteurized and that is also likely
an indicator of high temperature tea brewing.

Canned tea is possibly instant tea just stirred in and then covered up
with corn syrup.

Junk Food Himali General Cooking 0 22-05-2013 08:13 AM
Mexico bans junk foods in schools, now there is nothing to eat in the land of junk food [email protected] General Cooking 5 30-05-2010 10:22 PM
More Junk Food johnniemccoy@ Diabetic 2 09-06-2007 06:36 AM
New Junk Food johnniemccoy@ Diabetic 0 06-05-2007 05:24 AM
Junk food Hector Loftus Vegan 3 17-11-2003 08:47 PM