Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Whole Wheat Cinnamon Buns

On 06/02/2012 07:34 PM, Stu wrote:

> This weeks video recipe is "Whole Wheat Cinnamon Buns"

<snip>

Yo Stuey! You still pushing your [content mostly stolen from other
sites] website, I see.
--
Cheers
ChattyCathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 5, 12:40*pm, ChattyCathy > wrote:
> On 06/02/2012 07:34 PM, Stu wrote:
>

> > This weeks video recipe is "Whole Wheat Cinnamon Buns"

> <snip>
>
> Yo Stuey! You still pushing your [content mostly stolen from other
> sites] website, I see.
> --
> Cheers
> ChattyCathy

It doesn't matter - "whole wheat" and "cinnamon buns" were never meant
to be used in the same sentence.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 11:48:54 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>On Jun 5, 12:40*pm, ChattyCathy > wrote:
>> On 06/02/2012 07:34 PM, Stu wrote:
>>

>> > This weeks video recipe is "Whole Wheat Cinnamon Buns"

>> <snip>
>>
>> Yo Stuey! You still pushing your [content mostly stolen from other
>> sites] website, I see.
>> --
>> Cheers
>> ChattyCathy

>It doesn't matter - "whole wheat" and "cinnamon buns" were never meant
>to be used in the same sentence.

Zackly-- I like to eat healthy sometimes. . . and I like cinnamon buns
sometimes. But I couldn't get excited over a healthy cinnamon bun.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> It doesn't matter - "whole wheat" and "cinnamon buns" were never meant
> to be used in the same sentence.

I with you, Nancy! LOL!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 5, 3:11*pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2:29*pm, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 11:48:54 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2

> > > wrote:

> > >It doesn't matter - "whole wheat" and "cinnamon buns" were never meant
> > >to be used in the same sentence.

> > Zackly-- I like to eat healthy sometimes. . . and I like cinnamon buns
> > sometimes. * * But I couldn't get excited over a healthy cinnamon bun.

I imagine the whole wheat is used for taste.

> > Jim

> I had one of those whole wheat cinnamon buns once, and it wasn't
> inedible, but it just didn't taste right.

This was one of Stu's better ones though. My problems are adding
clove, too much brown sugar--and all brown sugar instead of brown
sugar cut with white sugar--in relation to the cinnamon, and the glaze
didn't have any vanilla in it. Maybe using half whole wheat flower is
a bit much, but replacing a third or fourth of the white with wheat
seems like it might taste better.

Keep cloves and nutmeg out of cinnamon rolls. Oh, and specify
cassia. *Real* Ceylon cinnamon is nice with apples, but cinnamon
rolls are all about the cassia.

> N.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 11:48:54 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

> On Jun 5, 12:40*pm, ChattyCathy > wrote:
> > On 06/02/2012 07:34 PM, Stu wrote:
> >

> > > This weeks video recipe is "Whole Wheat Cinnamon Buns"

> > <snip>
> >
> > Yo Stuey! You still pushing your [content mostly stolen from other
> > sites] website, I see.
> > --
> > Cheers
> > ChattyCathy

> It doesn't matter - "whole wheat" and "cinnamon buns" were never meant
> to be used in the same sentence.

I've noticed that white whole wheat is often (always?) referred to as
"whole wheat" and the only way you know it's not the other one is if
you're watching a video at the time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:41:31 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> wrote:

> *Real* Ceylon cinnamon is nice with apples, but cinnamon
> rolls are all about the cassia.

Well, I'll finally find out what cassia is because I bought some
"Vietnamese" cinnamon last week.

I don't think I've ever seen anything labeled as Ceylon cinnamon.
Frankly, I don't care either because the "fake" stuff is good enough
for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 6, 12:05*am, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:41:31 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
>
> > wrote:
> > **Real* Ceylon cinnamon is nice with apples, but cinnamon
> > rolls are all about the cassia.

> Well, I'll finally find out what cassia is because I bought some
> "Vietnamese" cinnamon last week.
>
> I don't think I've ever seen anything labeled as Ceylon cinnamon.
> Frankly, I don't care either because the "fake" stuff is good enough
> for me.

It's not a good enough thing. They're very different.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 6 Jun 2012 00:38:12 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> wrote:

> On Jun 6, 12:05*am, sf > wrote:
> > On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:41:31 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> >
> > > wrote:
> > > **Real* Ceylon cinnamon is nice with apples, but cinnamon
> > > rolls are all about the cassia.

> > Well, I'll finally find out what cassia is because I bought some
> > "Vietnamese" cinnamon last week.
> >
> > I don't think I've ever seen anything labeled as Ceylon cinnamon.
> > Frankly, I don't care either because the "fake" stuff is good enough
> > for me.
> >

> It's not a good enough thing. They're very different.

So what is "real" cinnamon... only Ceylon - or is there more?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/6/2012 2:38 AM, Bryan wrote:

> It's not a good enough thing. They're very different.
>
> --Bryan

We have Cassia and Ceylon cinnamon from Penzey's and Vietnamese cinnamon
from Vietnam. The Vietnamese cinnamon has the strongest flavor of the
three. Cinnamon is one of my favorite spices, outside of salt and pepper.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 6, 3:06*pm, Ema Nymton > wrote:
> On 6/6/2012 2:38 AM, Bryan wrote:
>
> > It's not a good enough thing. *They're very different.

> > --Bryan

> We have Cassia and Ceylon cinnamon from Penzey's and Vietnamese cinnamon
> from Vietnam. The Vietnamese cinnamon has the strongest flavor of the
> three. Cinnamon is one of my favorite spices, outside of salt and pepper.
>
> Becca

It has health benefits, too. Just don't try that current-craze
"cinnamon trick" with the mouthful - very dangerous. ;-) Nutmeg is
in the same category.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 5, 10:05*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:41:31 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
>
> > wrote:
> > **Real* Ceylon cinnamon is nice with apples, but cinnamon
> > rolls are all about the cassia.

> Well, I'll finally find out what cassia is because I bought some
> "Vietnamese" cinnamon last week.
>
> I don't think I've ever seen anything labeled as Ceylon cinnamon.
> Frankly, I don't care either because the "fake" stuff is good enough
> for me.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

You will be amazed at the differences between cinnamons- the
Vietnamese is my favorite.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:26:00 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
wrote:

> On Jun 5, 10:05*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:41:31 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> >
> > > wrote:
> > > **Real* Ceylon cinnamon is nice with apples, but cinnamon
> > > rolls are all about the cassia.

> > Well, I'll finally find out what cassia is because I bought some
> > "Vietnamese" cinnamon last week.
> >
> > I don't think I've ever seen anything labeled as Ceylon cinnamon.
> > Frankly, I don't care either because the "fake" stuff is good enough
> > for me.
> >
> > --
> > Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> You will be amazed at the differences between cinnamons- the
> Vietnamese is my favorite.

What's your favorite way to use it?

Philadelphia Cinnamon Buns Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 0 06-09-2014 03:26 PM
Cinnamon Buns foodpassionista Marketplace 0 21-05-2010 02:49 PM
Cinnamon Buns foodpassionista Baking 0 21-05-2010 02:33 PM
Fastest Cinnamon Buns Ward Abbott Baking 0 15-09-2007 01:19 PM
"Cinnamon Buns from Heaven" Duckie ® Recipes 0 03-02-2004 02:21 PM