FoodBanter.com

-   -   Memorial Weekend in my city. (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/417939-re-memorial-weekend-my.html)

Pico Rico[_2_] 27-05-2012 08:23 PM

Memorial Weekend in my city.

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> Bellingham hosts Ski To Sea each Memorial Day. It's a huge multi part
> race from Mt. Baker to the ocean.
>
> If you are not familiar you can read about it here. There's tons of
> stuff on the website but this will give you an overview.
>
> http://www.skitosea.com/content/about/about.asp
>
> Saturday was the Grand Parade....which looks pretty much like any
> grand parade in any
> smaller city. (Bellingham is about 85 thousand). Here's a picture
> gallery. You can
> see the diversity of peoples and activities around here reflected in
> the parade. The paper did an ok job of pictures but I would have
> loved more shots from above, etc. There was lots more that didn't
> make it into the paper.
>
> http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012...rade-2012.html

looks like a lot of people having fun, but not much in the way of MEMORIAL
DAY.

ImStillMags 27-05-2012 09:15 PM

Memorial Weekend in my city.

On May 27, 12:23*pm, "Pico Rico" > wrote:
> "ImStillMags" > wrote in message

> > Bellingham hosts Ski To Sea each Memorial Day. *It's a huge multi part
> > race from Mt. Baker to the ocean.

> > If you are not familiar you can read about it here. *There's tons of
> > stuff on the website but this will give you an overview.

> >http://www.skitosea.com/content/about/about.asp

> > Saturday was the Grand Parade....which looks pretty much like any
> > grand parade in any
> > smaller city. * (Bellingham is about 85 thousand). * *Here's a picture
> > gallery. * You can
> > see the diversity of peoples and activities around here reflected in
> > the parade. *The paper did an ok job of pictures but I would have
> > loved more shots from above, etc. *There was lots more that didn't
> > make it into the paper.

> >http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012...to-sea-grand-p...

> looks like a lot of people having fun, but not much in the way of MEMORIAL
> DAY.

Well on Monday, Memorial Day, there are a lot of activities and
commemorations at the local cemetaries and downtown. The race is
today, Sunday. It has traditionally been held on Memorial Day
weekend so that pepole who participate have an extra day for Memorial
Day and for recovery.

pavane[_4_] 27-05-2012 09:24 PM

Memorial Weekend in my city.

"Pico Rico" > wrote in message

> "ImStillMags" > wrote in message
>> Bellingham hosts Ski To Sea each Memorial Day. It's a huge multi part
>> race from Mt. Baker to the ocean.
>>
>> If you are not familiar you can read about it here. There's tons of
>> stuff on the website but this will give you an overview.
>>
>> http://www.skitosea.com/content/about/about.asp
>>
>> Saturday was the Grand Parade....which looks pretty much like any
>> grand parade in any
>> smaller city. (Bellingham is about 85 thousand). Here's a picture
>> gallery. You can
>> see the diversity of peoples and activities around here reflected in
>> the parade. The paper did an ok job of pictures but I would have
>> loved more shots from above, etc. There was lots more that didn't
>> make it into the paper.
>>
>> http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012...rade-2012.html

> looks like a lot of people having fun, but not much in the way of MEMORIAL
> DAY.

It is interesting that between Memorial Day and Veterans' Day, Memorial
Day should be the more solemn of the two. I give them a generation more
to become completely blurred and irrelevant.

pavane