Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Score.....

The local HEB has pork butts on sale for 99 cents a pound. The last
ones I bought were $1.38 a pound at Sam's.

Two butts in the freezer.

Also Ball Park franks on sale, 2 packages for $3. We don't eat hot dogs
all that often but there are now two packs of those in the freezer, too.

We seldom buy meat that is not on sale.

I am disappointed that there were no big sales on beef brisket this
year. Usually around Memorial Day every store has them on sale with
prices as low as 99 cents a pound. Not this year.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 May 2012 14:15:58 -0500, George Leppla
> wrote:

>The local HEB has pork butts on sale for 99 cents a pound. The last
>ones I bought were $1.38 a pound at Sam's.
>
>Two butts in the freezer.

>I am disappointed that there were no big sales on beef brisket this
>year. Usually around Memorial Day every store has them on sale with
>prices as low as 99 cents a pound. Not this year.
>
>George L

Good price on the butts. I'd stock up at that price.

As for briskets, I've not found one at any price yet this season.

The score at the store is not always a score Dimitri General Cooking 3 10-12-2011 08:38 PM
Score! Serene Vannoy Preserving 6 27-07-2011 02:18 AM
Score George Shirley[_2_] Preserving 0 07-07-2011 05:10 PM
Score!!! Golden One Preserving 0 20-01-2010 06:53 AM
Score! George Shirley Preserving 28 31-05-2009 03:00 AM