Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quick Bread with Cheese and ... Mayo!?!

I tried this recipe, mainly because it's easy and I happened to have
some gruyere and calamata olives waiting for their call to service.

<http://www.nytimes.com/recipes/12460/Savory-Gruyere-Olive-Bread.html>

It calls for homemade mayo. I used the recipe on the same site:

<http://www.nytimes.com/recipes/12459/Mayonnaise.html>

I added garlic and used half plain oil and half EVOO. The mayo was
delicious.

The bread was pretty good but the recipe is seriously flawed. It calls
for twice as much mayo as it really needs. The recipe is scaled for a
small loaf pan, but I only have a large one, so I doubled it. I should
not have doubled the mayo! The resulting bread took forever to bake.
Actually about 70 minutes, but the recipe recommended 40, so that's
way off. Also, the bread was too crumbly. Next time, I'll use half the
mayo and a little more milk.