FoodBanter.com

-   -   The exquisite art of making breakfast sandwiches (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/417638-exquisite-art-making-breakfast.html)

Christopher M.[_3_] 13-05-2012 03:16 PM

The exquisite art of making breakfast sandwiches

Last night I had a dream about hot-pot cooking, where raw slices of meat are
quickly boiled in a pot of seasoned broth. And then I had another dream
about Haitian cooking, where many pots are balanced over a small fire.

Inspired by these cooking techniques I endeavored to make a breakfast
sandwich using just a single pan. First I cooked the omelette. Next I
pan-fried the inner sides of a roll. (The roll had to be weighted down. I
used cans covered with aluminum foil for the weights.) I also browned some
ham.

I ate the sandwiches open-faced, as the rolls and eggs were thick, and would
take away from the flavor of the ham. A small amount of Cholula (Mexican hot
sauce) was poured on top, to add flavor to the eggs. "Bonzai!", I yelled as
I ate the eggs.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)