Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Consumer Reports rates food stores.

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:04:26 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

>The first Walmarts in our area have been abandoned in the race to
>build bigger and bigger Walmarts. If you like eyesores, you'll love
>Walmarts.

The buildings or the freaky people that shop there?

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 19:24:23 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> Oh fine. Whatever. Ya'll know what I mean.
>>>

>> It's actually a contraction of ALbrecht's DIscount, a German company.

> Thanks professer.

it's "professor"

how many people here know what a Jewel's is?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:
> On Apr 9, 8:09?pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> ?Aldi's didn't get a very good rating other than the price.

> It's Aldi, not Aldi's.

if grocers can do it to other nouns then they shouldn't mind when it's
done to them

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:12:00 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle

>>> It's actually a contraction of ALbrecht's DIscount, a German company.

>> Thanks professer.

>it's "professor"
>
>how many people here know what a Jewel's is?

<raises hand>

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

>>> They've been $1.25 (16oz packages) at most stores here for the last
>>> 2-3 weeks. $.98/lb at Restaurnat Depot (in 12lb flats).

>> You really aren't one to point out typos, are you? LOL

Sqwertz doesn't make typos, all his errors are due to ignorance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:59:51 -0500, Lou Decruss
> wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:04:26 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:
>
>>The first Walmarts in our area have been abandoned in the race to
>>build bigger and bigger Walmarts. If you like eyesores, you'll love
>>Walmarts.

>The buildings or the freaky people that shop there?

You lie. The Walmart stores I shop are gorgeous inside and out.

I mostly shop here, check the photos:
http://walmartstores.com/pressroom/news/4746.aspx

And you're the freakiest, Lou, no matter where you shop.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 05:41:07 -0700 (PDT), Bryan

>That bike cost me $15 in nearly new condition. It was owned by an
>elderly man--whom I know personally--who became unable to ride a bike
>soon after he bought it. Besides, a trip to ALDI nearly always
>involves a gallon of milk (8 pounds), and often 20 or more pounds of
>other stuff. Not practical to bike.

Not with the POS bicycle you ride. I can *easily* carry a gallon of
milk plus a lot more on my bicycle because 1) I have a "real" bicycle
and 2) I equipped it with rear saddle baskets specifically for
carrying stuff like groceries, schoolbooks, etc.

I'm ging to ride over to Seacoof CVity's new location soon and buy a
25# bag of brown rice and several cans of coconut cream too!

>I used to ride 6 blocks to the
>bus stop, then put the bike on the carrier on the front of the bus.
>That took me to a block from work, but they changed the routes, so now
>I drive.

I rode 17 miles one way to work when I worked up in Village Square. 6
blocks is nothing.

>Back then, I had a different $15 bike that got stolen. It was a
>conventional 12 speed. The church garage sale--my source for $15
>bikes--is coming up again this summer, and I'm going to grab another
>bike if I see a good deal. Johnny has outgrown his, so we're one bike
>short.
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>--Bryan

Buy junk and that's what you ride: Junk.

I paid just under $400 for my bicycle back in 2006 or so. Invested a
significant amount in it over the hearsd, including a completely new
rear wheel I had Alpine Shop build for me because the stock rear wheel
kept breaking spokes, plus a new seat to prevent "numbness" (if you
know what I mean!), and a year or so ago I had Big Shark do a complete
overhaul on it where they replaced both front and rear gear rings, but
on a new chain, all new brake and gear cables, etc. It ended up being
the closest to getting a new bike I could get withoutg getting a new
bike. Oh and I had to get a new front fork after getting "doored" on
Delmar and bending my old front fork.

Oh and I've invested in sufficient locks to prevent my bicycle from
being stolen! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message

On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 18:09:58 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>We were pleased with the Walmart in Lynnwood added
>groceries and then very displeased just a few weeks later when they stopped
>carrying some of the things that we bought. It's to the point now where we
>won't go there for groceries. They do seem to be the only store that sells
>the Cherry/Lime Tic Tacs though.

You consider Tic Tacs groceries? duh

Walmart sells exactly the same brands of groceries that are sold at
any grocery store only they charge less. I don't buy fresh meat at
Walmart because of how it's presented (in those plastic tubs it looks
like lab specimens) and that most is salinated... but all their other
food items are fine... even their produce is as good as at other
produce departments, common sense says to actually examine produce no
matter where purchased, even if picked from ones garden ya gotta
inspect. I like Walmart for frozen foods, they have a huge selection
and bargain prices... same with dairy, cured meats, canned/boxed
goods, toiletries, etc. I don't buy clothing at Walmart, it's not up
to my standards for quality but their childrens clothes are fine, it's
low cost and kids grow out of it before they wear it out anyway. I've
tasted Tic Tacs but don't remember ever buying any... aren't Tic Tacs
the next generation Pez?

Walmart has such buying power that they can dictate how their meats are
packaged.
Any they have them packaged with additional water and other things I don't
want to know about.

For groceries, lettuce, tomatoes, ect, they are fine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:46:58 -0400, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:59:51 -0500, Lou Decruss
> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:04:26 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:
>>
>>>The first Walmarts in our area have been abandoned in the race to
>>>build bigger and bigger Walmarts. If you like eyesores, you'll love
>>>Walmarts.

>>The buildings or the freaky people that shop there?

>You lie. The Walmart stores I shop are gorgeous inside and out.
>
>I mostly shop here, check the photos:
>http://walmartstores.com/pressroom/news/4746.aspx
>
>And you're the freakiest, Lou, no matter where you shop.

This website exists for a reason Sheldon!!

See if you're on it:

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:

>>> Thanks professer.

>>it's "professor"
>>
>>how many people here know what a Jewel's is?

><raises hand>
>
> Lou

heh

Posted to rec.food.cooking

spamtrap1888 > wrote:
> On Apr 9, 7:13 pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
>> On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 19:07:54 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
>>
>> > wrote:

>>> It's Aldi, not Aldi's.

>>> Their milk and egg prices are great, as are their produce specials.
>>> We've been buying 1# strawberries there for $1.29 for the past two
>>> weeks.

>> It's actually ALDI. Look on their website.
>>

> The US stores are a branch of ALDI SUED. ALDI stands for AL(brecht)
> DI(scount). The stores were started by the Albrecht brothers, whose
> father was a trained baker.
>
> http://www.aldi-sued.de/
>
> See they're selling lawn mowers this week.

I bought their generator,6000 watts peak for $350. Nobody has that low a
price.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 10, 8:59*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:04:26 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
>
> > wrote:
> >The first Walmarts in our area have been abandoned in the race to
> >build bigger and bigger Walmarts. If you like eyesores, you'll love
> >Walmarts.

> The buildings or the freaky people that shop there?

The buildings, now vacant for many years.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 10, 10:46*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:59:51 -0500, Lou Decruss
>
> > wrote:
> >On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:04:26 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> > wrote:

> >>The first Walmarts in our area have been abandoned in the race to
> >>build bigger and bigger Walmarts. If you like eyesores, you'll love
> >>Walmarts.

> >The buildings or the freaky people that shop there?

> You lie. *The Walmart stores I shop are gorgeous inside and out.
>
> I mostly shop here, check the photos:http://walmartstores.com/pressroom/news/4746.aspx

Sure, who would be more honest about the appearance of a Walmart store
than Walmart itself?

> And you're the freakiest, Lou, no matter where you shop.

Nuh-uh, no way. Check out the "guess the gender" patron. Hey, maybe
that's what attracts brooklyn to them:

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 18:09:58 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> We were pleased with the Walmart in Lynnwood added
>> groceries and then very displeased just a few weeks later when they
>> stopped carrying some of the things that we bought. It's to the
>> point now where we won't go there for groceries. They do seem to be
>> the only store that sells the Cherry/Lime Tic Tacs though.

> You consider Tic Tacs groceries? duh
>
> Walmart sells exactly the same brands of groceries that are sold at
> any grocery store only they charge less. I don't buy fresh meat at
> Walmart because of how it's presented (in those plastic tubs it looks
> like lab specimens) and that most is salinated... but all their other
> food items are fine... even their produce is as good as at other
> produce departments, common sense says to actually examine produce no
> matter where purchased, even if picked from ones garden ya gotta
> inspect. I like Walmart for frozen foods, they have a huge selection
> and bargain prices... same with dairy, cured meats, canned/boxed
> goods, toiletries, etc. I don't buy clothing at Walmart, it's not up
> to my standards for quality but their childrens clothes are fine, it's
> low cost and kids grow out of it before they wear it out anyway. I've
> tasted Tic Tacs but don't remember ever buying any... aren't Tic Tacs
> the next generation Pez?

Maybe your Walmart sells the same things. Here some of those things are the
same but many are not. Like the Carvel cakes. What we were buying there
were Foodles and also the Jimmy Dean biscuits and gravy. Yes, other stores
sell the biscuits and gravy but Walmart was $2.00 less. Nobody else sells
the Foodles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Oh, I get it. You're trying to impress your boyfriend Ray by teaching
> him The Ways of Usenet.
>
> Read THAT one out loud for him!

I think you missed a post Steve. Ray is dead. She won't be trying to
impress him anymore.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> Walmart sells ... Jimmy Dean biscuits and gravy.

What happened to "I'm not white trash"?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 05:21:51 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

>I was surprised to see where Publix landed. Pretty close to the top.

The Publix stores in my area are wonderful. The service and
selection are excellent. The bakery is quality. I used to make the
Apron meals quite often. I'd like to shop there more often, but it
is pricey. The buy-one-get-one-free sales are good, but I don't have
the time or energy to chase sales all over town. I need good prices
every day, which leads to me my other favorite, Aldi. I try to keep
the basics stocked up from Aldi.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> Jean B. wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Oddly enough for this area Winco was one of the bigger winners for
>>> this area. Trader Joes got high ratings and even for their
>>> perishable foods. I have had problems with every kind of produce I
>>> have ever bought there, to the point where I will not buy it there
>>> ever again. The way they wrap it makes it look fresh. But you get
>>> it home and it is spoiled. The other thing I dislike about the is
>>> that they will have a product I like. So I go there to get it again
>>> and they never have it again. First it was rice, then it was candy,
>>> then it was pizza. Their prices are good. I will say that. Costco
>>> got high ratings as well but you do need to buy a lot of whatever it
>>> is, most of the time if you shop there. Sometimes we buy stuff and
>>> just donate part of it to the food bank because it is still cheaper
>>> to do it that way than to buy at other stores. Sad to say that Albertsons
>>> and Safeway did not get very high marks. QFC wasn't listed but they are
>>> owned by Kroger and Kroger didn't
>>> rate very high. Fred Meyer seemed to be neither bad nor good but I
>>> feel overall that they have rather high prices. And since they do
>>> sell more than just groceries they are not the place I want to go if
>>> I want to pick up a few things. If I need to buy some other non
>>> grocery items and I am not pressed for time, I will go there. It
>>> can be hard to get parking there. Target didn't get very high marks
>>> either. That surprised me because I have found their prices to be
>>> pretty cheap and the quality of the produce (although somewhat
>>> limited) to be very good. Their customer service is rather suckish
>>> though and I do often have to instruct the cashiers on how to ring
>>> things up. Like to ring in my coupons and give me the bag discount.
>>> I almost always bring my own bags. Walmart was pretty bad. We were
>>> pleased with the Walmart in
>>> Lynnwood added groceries and then very displeased just a few weeks
>>> later when they stopped carrying some of the things that we bought. It's
>>> to the point now where we won't go there for groceries. They
>>> do seem to be the only store that sells the Cherry/Lime Tic Tacs
>>> though. I did see stores listed in other areas where I have lived. Such
>>> as
>>> IGA, Weis and Pathmark that didn't get such good ratings. Aldi's
>>> didn't get a very good rating other than the price.
>>>

>> How about Wegman's and Whole Foods? I am debating about whether I
>> want to make a journey to the only Wegman's that is in Massachusetts.

> Whole Foods was very good except for the prices which were very bad. I
> believe Wegmans was the top store or maybe second place. Sadly we don't
> have them here.

Thanks. Yes, WF is pricy. Maybe I will journey to Wegman's then.
I hear tell that one is going to be built here in the western
burbs of Boston. I won't hold my breath.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 22:01:27 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> How about Wegman's and Whole Foods? I am debating about whether I
>> want to make a journey to the only Wegman's that is in Massachusetts.

> I've been to the one in Northboro. If you go, try to go during the
> week as it has been very crowded on Saturday.
>
> I don't think they have any bargains, but what they do have, is a nice
> selection of meats, seafood, cheeses, and baked goods. They have
> stuff you won't find any place else around.
>
> You can buy your lunch there at either the counter or the take away
> and go to the seating area. Make a day of it and at least pick up
> some of the items you won't find at your local stores.

Thanks for the tips! I think I'll corral a foodie friend and go
there in the off hours on an off day.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 10, 12:51*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 05:41:07 -0700 (PDT), Bryan

> >That bike cost me $15 in nearly new condition. *It was owned by an
> >elderly man--whom I know personally--who became unable to ride a bike
> >soon after he bought it. *Besides, a trip to ALDI nearly always
> >involves a gallon of milk (8 pounds), and often 20 or more pounds of
> >other stuff. *Not practical to bike.

> Not with the POS bicycle you ride. I can *easily* carry a gallon of
> milk plus a lot more on my bicycle because 1) I have a "real" bicycle
> and 2) I equipped it with rear saddle baskets specifically for
> carrying stuff like groceries, schoolbooks, etc.
>
> I'm ging to ride over to Seacoof CVity's new location soon and buy a
> 25# bag of brown rice and several cans of coconut cream too!
>
> >I used to ride 6 blocks to the
> >bus stop, then put the bike on the carrier on the front of the bus.
> >That took me to a block from work, but they changed the routes, so now
> >I drive.

> I rode 17 miles one way to work when I worked up in Village Square. 6
> blocks is nothing.
>
> >Back then, I had a different $15 bike that got stolen. *It was a
> >conventional 12 speed. *The church garage sale--my source for $15
> >bikes--is coming up again this summer, and I'm going to grab another
> >bike if I see a good deal. *Johnny has outgrown his, so we're one bike
> >short.

> >> John Kuthe...

> >--Bryan

> Buy junk and that's what you ride: Junk.
>
> I paid just under $400 for my bicycle back in 2006 or so. Invested a
> significant amount in it over the hearsd, including a completely new
> rear wheel I had Alpine Shop build for me because the stock rear wheel
> kept breaking spokes, plus a new seat to prevent "numbness" (if you
> know what I mean!), and a year or so ago I had Big Shark do a complete
> overhaul on it where they replaced both front and rear gear rings, but
> on a new chain, all new brake and gear cables, etc. It ended up being
> the closest to getting a new bike I could get withoutg getting a new
> bike. Oh and I had to get a new front fork after getting "doored" on
> Delmar and bending my old front fork.
>
> Oh and I've invested in sufficient locks to prevent my bicycle from
> being stolen! :-)

Be proud of your bicycle, John. It's on a very short list of good
things about being you. Let's see, you're pretty good at making
candy, and you're rather skilled at piloting a kayak.
And...and...well, I'm sure you must have some other good qualities too
that just aren't obvious to anyone but yourself.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:29:22 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

>Thanks. Yes, WF is pricy. Maybe I will journey to Wegman's then.
> I hear tell that one is going to be built here in the western
>burbs of Boston. I won't hold my breath.

The one in Northboro has had the biggest first month sales than any of
their stores ever. Wegmens is very happy with MA and intends to build
more. Multiple locations makes it easier for them to service them
also.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/11/2012 6:04 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:29:22 -0400, "Jean > wrote:
>

>> Thanks. Yes, WF is pricy. Maybe I will journey to Wegman's then.
>> I hear tell that one is going to be built here in the western
>> burbs of Boston. I won't hold my breath.

> The one in Northboro has had the biggest first month sales than any of
> their stores ever. Wegmens is very happy with MA and intends to build
> more. Multiple locations makes it easier for them to service them
> also.

They are building one on Route 9 in Chestnut Hill, where the old
Omni store was, if you are familiar with the area. Not a great
location, IMO and it will be much smaller than the normal Wegmans.

I went to the Northboro store shortly after it opened. Big mistake.
It was a disaster. Crowed like you wouldn't believe. It's really out
of my way, so I probably won't visit again.

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 11, 5:53*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:10:31 -0400, Gary wrote:
> > Sqwertz wrote:

> >> Oh, I get it. *You're trying to impress your boyfriend Ray by teaching
> >> him The Ways of Usenet.

> >> Read THAT one out loud for him!

> > I think you missed a post Steve. *Ray is dead. She won't be trying to
> > impress him anymore.

> She THINKS he's dead. *She didn't sound too sure of it. *And I thought
> that was pretty tacky of her (to suggest a friend of her's might be
> dead, but isn't sure).
>
> I purposely said Ray for a reason.

It's just like Sister Ray said.

> -sw

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:29:22 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>

>> Thanks. Yes, WF is pricy. Maybe I will journey to Wegman's then.
>> I hear tell that one is going to be built here in the western
>> burbs of Boston. I won't hold my breath.

> The one in Northboro has had the biggest first month sales than any of
> their stores ever. Wegmens is very happy with MA and intends to build
> more. Multiple locations makes it easier for them to service them
> also.

Makes sense. I don't know whether the deal is totally done in
Burlington yet. I sure hope so!

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:

> On 4/11/2012 6:04 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:29:22 -0400, "Jean > wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks. Yes, WF is pricy. Maybe I will journey to Wegman's then.
>>> I hear tell that one is going to be built here in the western
>>> burbs of Boston. I won't hold my breath.

>> The one in Northboro has had the biggest first month sales than any of
>> their stores ever. Wegmens is very happy with MA and intends to build
>> more. Multiple locations makes it easier for them to service them
>> also.

> They are building one on Route 9 in Chestnut Hill, where the old Omni
> store was, if you are familiar with the area. Not a great location, IMO
> and it will be much smaller than the normal Wegmans.
>
> I went to the Northboro store shortly after it opened. Big mistake. It
> was a disaster. Crowed like you wouldn't believe. It's really out of my
> way, so I probably won't visit again.
>
> Tracy

Hmmm. Have the broken ground? I'm going to have to go back to
their site again and see whether there is an estimated time of
opening.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/16/2012 9:27 PM, Jean B. wrote:
> Tracy wrote:

>>> The one in Northboro has had the biggest first month sales than
>>> any of
>>> their stores ever. Wegmens is very happy with MA and intends to
>>> build
>>> more. Multiple locations makes it easier for them to service them
>>> also.

>> They are building one on Route 9 in Chestnut Hill, where the old
>> Omni store was, if you are familiar with the area. Not a great
>> location, IMO and it will be much smaller than the normal Wegmans.
>>
>> I went to the Northboro store shortly after it opened. Big
>> mistake. It was a disaster. Crowed like you wouldn't believe. It's
>> really out of my way, so I probably won't visit again.
>>
>> Tracy

> Hmmm. Have the broken ground? I'm going to have to go back to their
> site again and see whether there is an estimated time of opening.

There's definitely work going on there. I just googled for news on a
projected opening. I just found something that said stores will open
"late next year" on a story posted last month. That seems like a
long wait.

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 21:26:39 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

>Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:29:22 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks. Yes, WF is pricy. Maybe I will journey to Wegman's then.
>>> I hear tell that one is going to be built here in the western
>>> burbs of Boston. I won't hold my breath.

>> The one in Northboro has had the biggest first month sales than any of
>> their stores ever. Wegmens is very happy with MA and intends to build
>> more. Multiple locations makes it easier for them to service them
>> also.

>Makes sense. I don't know whether the deal is totally done in
>Burlington yet. I sure hope so!

Other than prices and a few regional products I've found no remarkable
differences between typical national stupidmarkets, all sell exactly
the same items. For any real differences one must shop various ethnic
markets.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:

> On 4/16/2012 9:27 PM, Jean B. wrote:
>> Tracy wrote:

>>> They are building one on Route 9 in Chestnut Hill, where the old
>>> Omni store was, if you are familiar with the area. Not a great
>>> location, IMO and it will be much smaller than the normal Wegmans.
>>>
>>> I went to the Northboro store shortly after it opened. Big
>>> mistake. It was a disaster. Crowed like you wouldn't believe. It's
>>> really out of my way, so I probably won't visit again.
>>>
>>> Tracy

>> Hmmm. Have the broken ground? I'm going to have to go back to their
>> site again and see whether there is an estimated time of opening.

> There's definitely work going on there. I just googled for news on a
> projected opening. I just found something that said stores will open
> "late next year" on a story posted last month. That seems like a long wait.
>
> Tracy

It's still semi-exciting. Thanks, Tracy.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 21:26:39 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> The one in Northboro has had the biggest first month sales than any of
>>> their stores ever. Wegmens is very happy with MA and intends to build
>>> more. Multiple locations makes it easier for them to service them
>>> also.

>> Makes sense. I don't know whether the deal is totally done in
>> Burlington yet. I sure hope so!

> Other than prices and a few regional products I've found no remarkable
> differences between typical national stupidmarkets, all sell exactly
> the same items. For any real differences one must shop various ethnic
> markets.

I'll ponder that. It seems to me that the ethnic content of the
various stores in chains varies to some degree depending on the
population it serves. But then you were speaking of differences
among chains and not among stores in the chains, so you could be
right.

--
Jean B.