Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gotta cook the ham

Easter Sunday will be this. <http://tinypic.com/r/2i8un0n/5>. An already
stolen from potato salad, piña colada salad and a ham I will cook much
longer than suggested after scoring and cloving. Oh... and milk.
I love Easter. I don't have to cook again for a couple of days.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 02:04:00 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>Easter Sunday will be this. <http://tinypic.com/r/2i8un0n/5>. An already
>stolen from potato salad, piña colada salad and a ham I will cook much
>longer than suggested after scoring and cloving. Oh... and milk.
>I love Easter. I don't have to cook again for a couple of days.

$1.49/lb for a shank half... you over paid by almost double... those
cost 89¢/lb at the pricy stupidmarket in my one horse village. I paid
$1.79/lb for a butt half spiral sliced ham... and had I wanted to
drive 40 miles round trip I could have paid 20¢/lb less. Anyways be
careful how long you cook that ham, shank halfs cook up fast, a tiny
bit too long the small end will be ruined... I strongly suggest you
follow the cooking directions on the package. If you've cooked hams
previously and they didn't quite fully cook then your oven temperature
is off... use an oven thermometer. Now what's pina colada salad, how
much rum does it contain... I love pina coladas... recipe please. I'm
thinking yours is a standard pina colada with enough extra pineapple
chunks and cherries to make it a salad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 02:04:00 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> > wrote:

> Now what's pina colada salad, how
> much rum does it contain... I love pina coladas... recipe please. I'm
> thinking yours is a standard pina colada with enough extra pineapple
> chunks and cherries to make it a salad.

It's only my idea of what a piña colada would taste like, judged by what
Yoplait piña colada yogurt tastes like. So with TIAD on my part, it's
only a fresh pineapple, two ripe mangoes and shredded coconut in a
yogurt, honey, sugar, lemon juice base. Tasty enough but I need some
color in it. Cherries sound good. My wife suggested red grapes.
I should have labeled it "Leo's idea of what a piña colada salad should
taste like, having never sipped a piña colada" fruit salad.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 9, 3:34*pm, Leonard Blaisdell >
wrote:
> In article >,
>
> *Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> > On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 02:04:00 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> > > wrote:
> > Now what's pina colada salad, how
> > much rum does it contain... I love pina coladas... recipe please. *I'm
> > thinking yours is a standard pina colada with enough extra pineapple
> > chunks and cherries to make it a salad.

> It's only my idea of what a piña colada would taste like, judged by what
> Yoplait piña colada yogurt tastes like. So with TIAD on my part, it's
> only a fresh pineapple, two ripe mangoes and shredded coconut in a
> yogurt, honey, sugar, lemon juice base. Tasty enough but I need some
> color in it. Cherries sound good. My wife suggested red grapes.
> I should have labeled it "Leo's idea of what a piña colada salad should
> taste like, having never sipped a piña colada" fruit salad.
>
> leo

Forget the color...just get the damn rum!