Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Easter Candy

I bought Easter candy and surprises for my sons' Easter baskets
yesterday. Candywise, I am giving them only a chocolate bunny,
which is essential, and straws that turn your milk into chocolate
milk. I feel certain that their grandmother will give them more
candy and a bunny cake. I thought about giving them the ingredients
to make Peeps smores, but I just know we will have more than enough
sugar in the house by the end of the day.

I absolutely did not buy and hide a pack of Twizzlers for myself.

I used to live for Cadbury Cream Eggs and malted milk eggs. I don't
even like eating Peeps, but I just like to see them and have them
around. I saw cocoa flavored Peeps and chocolate dipped Peeps this
year. So wrong!

Black and red jelly beans are the best. Those weird spicy jelly
beans hit the spot once a year. You can have all the green ones!

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 6, 1:51*pm, Tara > wrote:
> I bought Easter candy and surprises for my sons' Easter baskets
> yesterday. * *Candywise, *I am giving them only a chocolate bunny,
> which is essential, and straws that turn your milk into chocolate
> milk. * I feel certain that their grandmother will give them more
> candy and a bunny cake. * *I thought about giving them the ingredients
> to make Peeps smores, but I just know we will have more than enough
> sugar in the house by the end of the day.
>
> I absolutely did not *buy and hide a pack of Twizzlers for myself.
>
> I used to live for Cadbury Cream Eggs and malted milk eggs. * *I don't
> even like eating Peeps, but I just like to see them and have them
> around. * I saw cocoa flavored Peeps and chocolate dipped Peeps this
> year. * So wrong!
>
> Black and red jelly beans are the best. * Those weird spicy jelly
> beans hit the spot once a year. * You can have all the green ones!
>
> Tara

I hate peeps, but the kid likes them. They are fun to put in the
microwave! He also likes those cream eggs, so I got him a couple of
those also. I just started a new job at a chocolate shop, so he'll get
a bunny from there. Even at 14, he still likes looking for his basket
on Easter morning!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 7, 7:11*am, merryb > wrote:
> On Apr 6, 1:51*pm, Tara > wrote:
>

> > I bought Easter candy and surprises for my sons' Easter baskets
> > yesterday. * *Candywise, *I am giving them only a chocolate bunny,
> > which is essential, and straws that turn your milk into chocolate
> > milk. * I feel certain that their grandmother will give them more
> > candy and a bunny cake. * *I thought about giving them the ingredients
> > to make Peeps smores, but I just know we will have more than enough
> > sugar in the house by the end of the day.

> > I absolutely did not *buy and hide a pack of Twizzlers for myself.

> > I used to live for Cadbury Cream Eggs and malted milk eggs. * *I don't
> > even like eating Peeps, but I just like to see them and have them
> > around. * I saw cocoa flavored Peeps and chocolate dipped Peeps this
> > year. * So wrong!

> > Black and red jelly beans are the best. * Those weird spicy jelly
> > beans hit the spot once a year. * You can have all the green ones!

> > Tara

> I hate peeps, but the kid likes them. They are fun to put in the
> microwave! He also likes those cream eggs, so I got him a couple of
> those also. I just started a new job at a chocolate shop, so he'll get
> a bunny from there. Even at 14, he still likes looking for his basket
> on Easter morning!

You should serve him up this dish soon and say.... "Errrr, son, I have
to talk to you about Easter next year."

:-)

http://www.food.com/recipe/old-fashi...bit-stew-86093

Peter
(At work)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gold Bricks used to be my favorite. Wonder whatever happened to them? Polly
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Polly Esther" > wrote in message
> Gold Bricks used to be my favorite. Wonder whatever happened to them?
> Polly

I just saw them online. Might have been at the Vermont Country Store. I
can't remember for sure. Didn't know what they were. Looked like a big
gold egg with gold bricks inside.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
z z z z is offline

I've never really liked chocolate unless its with something else. My mom
gave me a choc bunny every year knowing I would give it back to her lol.
I am a fiend for black licorice so I loved black jelly beans. You
haven't lived till you have had a black licorice ice cream cone :-) I
also like the speckled malted milk eggs. Couple yrs ago they started
selling edible "grass"...that stuff is scary. I wore red white and blue
to work today in honor of all the sailor suits Mom dressed me in over
the years at Easter :-)

Easter Candy and Treats Tara General Cooking 12 20-04-2014 08:31 PM
Easter Candy Tara General Cooking 3 01-04-2013 05:22 AM
Easter candy George M. Middius[_2_] General Cooking 57 18-04-2012 01:42 AM
Scary Easter Candy Sqwertz General Cooking 19 27-03-2010 06:11 PM
Easter Candy (4) Collection Stephen Stumpf Recipes (moderated) 0 10-04-2007 01:48 AM