FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cajun Lent (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/416589-cajun-lent.html)

Chemo the Clown[_2_] 23-03-2012 09:14 PM

Cajun Lent

CAJUN LENT.....................
Each Friday night after work, Boudreaux would fire up his outdoor
grill and cook a venison steak.

But, all of Boudreaux's neighbors were Catholic. And since it was
Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Friday.

The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a
problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their
priest.

The Priest came to visit Boudreaux, and suggested that he become a
Catholic.

After several classes and much study, Boudreaux attended Mass...and as
the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, 'You were born a
Baptist, and raised a Baptist, but now you are a Catholic.

Boudreaux's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night
arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the
neighborhood.

The Priest was called immediately by the neighbors, and, as he rushed
into Boudreaux's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him,
he stopped and watched in amazement.

There stood Boudreaux, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he
carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat and chanted:

You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you is a catfish

sf[_9_] 23-03-2012 11:13 PM

Cajun Lent

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:14:41 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

> You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you is a catfish

Good one, Chemo!

I'm back on the laptop 24-03-2012 01:16 AM

Cajun Lent

Chemo the Clown > wrote in news:f2e3578c-bd99-478b-
:

> You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you is a catfish

LOL!!!

--
Peter
Tasmania

RussianFoodDire 24-03-2012 06:49 AM

A nice story. Thank you Chemo for writing it here.