Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC's: Vegetarian pasta dishes was Penne all'Arrabbiata

Pandora > wrote in
:

> On 20 Mar, 00:42, "I'm back on the laptop" >
> wrote:

>> Last time I made some home made passata was for a 'pasta' night I
>> had, when I cooked up a few of Jamie Oliver's pasta dishes from his
>> Italian travels/cooking show.

> Ohhhhh! what kind of pasta have you made? Yes, I know that homemade
> Passata dfi pomodoro is better, but is better if you have tomatoes in
> your vegetable garden (without all the poisons they put on plants)!
> cheers
> Pandy

I made 4 (from memory), and I also use his recipe when I make egg pasta,
which I didn't use on the night.

The dishes I made are.........

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/p...ed-pasta-with-
tomatoes-mozzarella

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/p...ked-cannelloni

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/p...elanzane-alla-
parmigiana-aubergine

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/p...esome-spinach-
ricotta-cannelloni

I made one large batch of the tomato sauce and used it in the 3 recipes
that needed it. Everyone *LOVED* all the dishes, and it wasn't till much
later that they realised I had served them *all* vegetarian dishes!! :-)

All are from his website, here.........

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes

and this is the egg pasta recipe I use..........

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/p...ic-recipe-for-
fresh-egg-pasta

Funnily enough, while looking for the recipes again (so I can store them
on *this* computers HD as the other one died)... I found this
one........

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/p...spaghetti-cake

Very similar to one that was being discussed with Vilco(?) just
recently.

--
Peter
Tasmania
Senior Member

Location: New York

In case of pasta dishes, vegetarian pasta dishes taste as good as non veg pasta dishes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30/03/2012 5:06 PM, RussianFoodDire wrote:
> In case of pasta dishes, vegetarian pasta dishes taste as good as non
> veg pasta dishes.

You do realise that, given the nature and perception of one's sense of
taste, your point above doesn't cut it. They taste as good to "you"! As
always, the perceptions of others will differ. The exception will, of
course, be Peter Lucas' silky smooth mashed spuds (with skin on). They
didn't even look good.

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30/03/2012 5:03 AM, Krypsis wrote:
> On 30/03/2012 5:06 PM, RussianFoodDire wrote:
>> In case of pasta dishes, vegetarian pasta dishes taste as good as non
>> veg pasta dishes.
>>

> You do realise that, given the nature and perception of one's sense of
> taste, your point above doesn't cut it. They taste as good to "you"! As
> always, the perceptions of others will differ.

I didn't see the original because I filter the foodbanter idiocy, and
the OP just reinforced that decision. There are some good pasta dishes
that don't involve meat, like pasta with garlic and oil. Then we have
to deal with all the various types of vegetarians, and some don't eat
cheese or eggs. Since pasta is made with eggs, and every pasta dish that
I know of uses some form of cheese, and sometimes more than one type,
that pretty well rules out pasta of all types.

> The exception will, of
> course, be Peter Lucas' silky smooth mashed spuds (with skin on). They
> didn't even look good.

Anyone as foolish as Lucas has to have a sense of humour. He was
probably doing some renovations thought it would be funny to take a
picture of his wallpaper paste and tell us it was mashed potatoes.

Penne Pasta with Sausage and Greens Tara General Cooking 18 09-10-2014 02:55 PM
Recipe of Penne Pasta Himali Recipes 5 01-05-2014 02:46 PM
Penne all'Arrabbiata Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 0 23-03-2012 03:27 AM
Penne Pasta With Portobello & Cheese Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 19-08-2007 05:44 PM
What's penne pasta? Ken Knecht General Cooking 28 14-05-2006 06:10 PM