Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default more bad news about meat glue and red meat in general

http://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/201...about-red-meat

Question: What school lunch has ever had an identifiable piece of
meat?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 14, 12:07*am, sf > wrote:
> http://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/201...about-red-meat
>
> Question: *What school lunch has ever had an identifiable piece of
> meat?
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Highly processed foods are not good for the body. "Conventionally"
raised beef, full of hormones and antibiotics in the feed, cows that
stand in lots with crap up to their bellies, are not good for the
body. It's the stuff in the conventionally raised beef that hurts
you. However, grass fed, pasture raised beef that is not full of
hormones and antibiotics is very good for you. Unprocessed, clean
food is good for you. The GMO and feed lot crap that passes for
stuff in the regular markets these days is not good for you. Best
thing to do is eat local and organic if you can. Find local growers,
dairy and farms. Yes you will pay more, but you will need less to
satisfy because the body can USE it, so you don't need as much. It's
there, you can find it, more and more people are.

Our food supply is adulterated. I can't afford a lot but I try to
use my money wisely to buy the best quality I can. It makes a
difference in my health.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 14, 7:24*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Mar 14, 12:07*am, sf > wrote:
>
> >http://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/201...about-red-meat

The problem as I see it is not that we consume meat, it's what we feed
them in these factory farms that really bothers me and I believe
creates the health problems we face today.

Observing the rapid maturation of children speaks volumes but no one
listens. Children gain weight at alarming rates. Could it be that the
chemicals we feed to the animals and produce to produce more, bigger,
and faster are effecting our children as well?

We stuff our food with growth enhancers and steroids. We genetically
engineer plants that grow bigger and faster. It is any wonder that we
and our children are reaping the benefit of our scientific tampering?

Some animals are bred for food, some are bred as pets, and still
others are bred to help. At least we owe our food the respect and
dignity it deserves and to treat it well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> On Mar 14, 7:24 am, ImStillMags > wrote:
>> On Mar 14, 12:07 am, sf > wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/201...about-red-meat

> The problem as I see it is not that we consume meat, it's what we feed
> them in these factory farms that really bothers me and I believe
> creates the health problems we face today.
>
> Observing the rapid maturation of children speaks volumes but no one
> listens. Children gain weight at alarming rates. Could it be that the
> chemicals we feed to the animals and produce to produce more, bigger,
> and faster are effecting our children as well?
>
> We stuff our food with growth enhancers and steroids. We genetically
> engineer plants that grow bigger and faster. It is any wonder that we
> and our children are reaping the benefit of our scientific tampering?
>
> Some animals are bred for food, some are bred as pets, and still
> others are bred to help. At least we owe our food the respect and
> dignity it deserves and to treat it well.

Amen!

--
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 14, 11:55*am, "Ophelia" > wrote:

Here is one of best articles I've seen on the red meat will kill you
debate. I happen to like this guy and his site and his wisdom.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/will-...ou/#more-27840

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> On Mar 14, 11:55 am, "Ophelia" > wrote:
>

> Here is one of best articles I've seen on the red meat will kill you
> debate. I happen to like this guy and his site and his wisdom.
>
> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/will-...ou/#more-27840

Thanks, Mags. Saved to read later!

--
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

meat glue merryb General Cooking 8 21-01-2012 02:56 AM
meat glue Ross@home General Cooking 0 18-01-2012 08:01 PM
Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 8 01-06-2011 12:29 AM
Meat glue Paul M. Cook General Cooking 0 29-05-2011 02:17 AM
Meat Glue? Lou Decruss General Cooking 44 17-04-2011 07:03 PM