Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Price of coffee: statistics.

I happened to think of actually noting down the date at which I
started using a 14 oz container of Trader Joe's Organic Bolivian Blend
coffee and I find, making 2 mugs or 4 cups of coffee per day, that the
coffee lasted 20 days. So, given that I paid $8 for the coffee, that's
10 cents a 5 oz cup or 20 cents a mug. Beat that Starbucks!
--
Jim Silverton

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/03/2012 7:10 PM, James Silverton wrote:
> I happened to think of actually noting down the date at which I started
> using a 14 oz container of Trader Joe's Organic Bolivian Blend coffee
> and I find, making 2 mugs or 4 cups of coffee per day, that the coffee
> lasted 20 days. So, given that I paid $8 for the coffee, that's 10 cents
> a 5 oz cup or 20 cents a mug. Beat that Starbucks!

Speaking of coffee prices..... I caught a news show today that says they
are falling. There were a couple bad years and prices went up. Some
producers were holding on to their stocks hoping to get a better price
for them. It seems that there is going to be a bountiful coffee crop
this year. That should drive prices down, and the price drop should be
compounded as the hoarders try to dump their stores.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton > wrote in news:jjlvpf$qb5$1
@dont-email.me:

> I happened to think of actually noting down the date at which I
> started using a 14 oz container of Trader Joe's Organic Bolivian Blend
> coffee and I find, making 2 mugs or 4 cups of coffee per day, that the
> coffee lasted 20 days. So, given that I paid $8 for the coffee, that's
> 10 cents a 5 oz cup or 20 cents a mug. Beat that Starbucks!

You really need to find a hobby!! ;-)

But thanks for reminding me, I have to buy some more beans for work.......
I have the 'big bosses' coming to see us next week..... and they like my
flat whites, cappuccino's, and long blacks :-)

They don't realise that all it is, is the flavour of the beans that makes
the coffee so good.

Oh, and good texturing of the milk :-)

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 12, 2012 6:10:40 PM UTC-5, James Silverton wrote:
> I happened to think of actually noting down the date at which I
> started using a 14 oz container of Trader Joe's Organic Bolivian Blend
> coffee and I find, making 2 mugs or 4 cups of coffee per day, that the
> coffee lasted 20 days. So, given that I paid $8 for the coffee, that's
> 10 cents a 5 oz cup or 20 cents a mug. Beat that Starbucks!

I use more coffee than that to make the same # of cups, but still, we're talking not much more than a dollar a day for 3 mugs of delicious coffee, including the half&half I put in it. If only alcohol were as cheap as caffeine

> --
> Jim Silverton

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 12, 7:10*pm, James Silverton > wrote:
> * I happened to think of actually noting down the date at which I
> started using a 14 oz container of Trader Joe's Organic Bolivian Blend
> coffee and I find, making 2 mugs or 4 cups of coffee per day, that the
> coffee lasted 20 days. So, given that I paid $8 for the coffee, that's
> 10 cents a 5 oz cup or 20 cents a mug. Beat that Starbucks!
> --
> Jim Silverton
>
> Extraneous "not" in Reply To.r, h

Now, factor in the cost of water, heating it, milk or cream,
sugar....prob. drive it up a whole cent or two. : ))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/12/2012 7:28 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 12/03/2012 7:10 PM, James Silverton wrote:
>> I happened to think of actually noting down the date at which I started
>> using a 14 oz container of Trader Joe's Organic Bolivian Blend coffee
>> and I find, making 2 mugs or 4 cups of coffee per day, that the coffee
>> lasted 20 days. So, given that I paid $8 for the coffee, that's 10 cents
>> a 5 oz cup or 20 cents a mug. Beat that Starbucks!

> Speaking of coffee prices..... I caught a news show today that says they
> are falling. There were a couple bad years and prices went up. Some
> producers were holding on to their stocks hoping to get a better price
> for them. It seems that there is going to be a bountiful coffee crop
> this year. That should drive prices down, and the price drop should be
> compounded as the hoarders try to dump their stores.

I wonder if that means the 12 oz "1 lb bag" will become 13 oz?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bull" wrote:

>Flat whites and long blacks and they like it and you have both? What
>shape is a cappuccino? Sounds like a queer convention.

Aha! You're the one who bought up all the copies of the Bruno DVD.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
om...

On 12/03/2012 7:10 PM, James Silverton wrote:
> I happened to think of actually noting down the date at which I started
> using a 14 oz container of Trader Joe's Organic Bolivian Blend coffee
> and I find, making 2 mugs or 4 cups of coffee per day, that the coffee
> lasted 20 days. So, given that I paid $8 for the coffee, that's 10 cents
> a 5 oz cup or 20 cents a mug. Beat that Starbucks!

Speaking of coffee prices..... I caught a news show today that says they
are falling. There were a couple bad years and prices went up. Some
producers were holding on to their stocks hoping to get a better price
for them. It seems that there is going to be a bountiful coffee crop
this year. That should drive prices down, and the price drop should be
compounded as the hoarders try to dump their stores.
>.>

That's really good news. The price of Costco's "San Francisco Bay French"
beans has gone from $4/lb to $6.50/lb in a fairly short period of time.
That's my benchmark bean. I haven't found anything to beat it. I suppose, if
you doubled the price.

Kent

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:27:15 -0500, Bull > wrote:

>In article >,
> "I'm back on the laptop" > wrote:
>
>> James Silverton > wrote in news:jjlvpf$qb5$1
>> @dont-email.me:
>>
>> > I happened to think of actually noting down the date at which I
>> > started using a 14 oz container of Trader Joe's Organic Bolivian Blend
>> > coffee and I find, making 2 mugs or 4 cups of coffee per day, that the
>> > coffee lasted 20 days. So, given that I paid $8 for the coffee, that's
>> > 10 cents a 5 oz cup or 20 cents a mug. Beat that Starbucks!

>> You really need to find a hobby!! ;-)
>>

>> But thanks for reminding me, I have to buy some more beans for work.......

>Interesting == did you get a job?

how dare you expose another of swallows lies! lol
dont you know he is retired AND has a job-with a secretary. so he
says!

>> I have the 'big bosses' coming..... and they like my
>> flat whites, cappuccino's, and long blacks :-)
>>
>> They don't realise that all it is, is the flavour

>Flat whites and long blacks and they like it and you have both? What
>shape is a cappuccino? Sounds like a queer convention.

sure does
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/12/2012 7:10 PM, James Silverton wrote:
> I happened to think of actually noting down the date at which I started
> using a 14 oz container of Trader Joe's Organic Bolivian Blend coffee
> and I find, making 2 mugs or 4 cups of coffee per day, that the coffee
> lasted 20 days. So, given that I paid $8 for the coffee, that's 10 cents
> a 5 oz cup or 20 cents a mug. Beat that Starbucks!

I read the whole thread and I'm still wondering how much coffee
statistics cost. :-)

Jerry
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ