Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Just for the record

I like Olive Garden. LOL!!
A review of a review is he
<http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2012...ive_garden_rev
iew.php> LOL!! Ol' Kevin's getting his ass blistered.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/10/2012 9:35 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I like Olive Garden. LOL!!
> A review of a review is he
> <http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2012...ive_garden_rev
> iew.php> LOL!! Ol' Kevin's getting his ass blistered.

I like the olive garden frozen dinners. Same great taste and we don't
have to go out...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/10/2012 7:35 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I like Olive Garden. LOL!!
> A review of a review is he
> <http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2012...ive_garden_rev
> iew.php> LOL!! Ol' Kevin's getting his ass blistered.

So, where is the original review, the one that's being made fun of?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 10, 7:41*am, Pennyaline >
wrote:
> On 3/10/2012 7:35 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > I like Olive Garden. * LOL!!
> > A review of a review is he
> > <http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2012...ive_garden_rev
> > iew.php> * * * LOL!! * *Ol' Kevin's getting his ass blistered..

> So, where is the original review, the one that's being made fun of?

found it

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/231419/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 08:35:02 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>I like Olive Garden. LOL!!
>A review of a review is he
><http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2012...ive_garden_rev
>iew.php> LOL!! Ol' Kevin's getting his ass blistered.

I like this;
"[Kevin] Did you think when you were writing it that it would get so
much attention outside of Grand Forks?

[Marilyn] I didn't really care."

and this;
[Kevin]"Everybody on the Internet today is sharing your column and
really enjoying it.

[Marilyn] I feel they're being rather condescending, but it's OK with
me."

I wouldn't mind sharing a meal with her--

OG fills a need. Our kids still like it-- and I copycat their
cheese biscuits and roasted potatoes. [and we spent some time making
orange/vanilla 'Italian soda']

Jim

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/10/2012 9:35 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I like Olive Garden. LOL!!
> A review of a review is he
> <http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2012...ive_garden_rev
> iew.php> LOL!! Ol' Kevin's getting his ass blistered.

I get an "not found" message. They might have taken it down.

Jerry
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 12:41:28 -0500, Jerry Avins > wrote:

>On 3/10/2012 9:35 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> I like Olive Garden. LOL!!
>> A review of a review is he
>> <http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2012...ive_garden_rev
>> iew.php> LOL!! Ol' Kevin's getting his ass blistered.

>I get an "not found" message. They might have taken it down.

Just a wrapped url- add iew.php to the end or. . .

Try this-
http://preview.tinyurl.com/7kpfxql

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/10/2012 9:57 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 08:35:02 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
>> I like Olive Garden. LOL!!
>> A review of a review is he
>> <http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2012...ive_garden_rev
>> iew.php> LOL!! Ol' Kevin's getting his ass blistered.

> I like this;
> "[Kevin] Did you think when you were writing it that it would get so
> much attention outside of Grand Forks?
>
> [Marilyn] I didn't really care."
>
> and this;
> [Kevin]"Everybody on the Internet today is sharing your column and
> really enjoying it.
>
> [Marilyn] I feel they're being rather condescending, but it's OK with
> me."
>
> I wouldn't mind sharing a meal with her--
>
> OG fills a need. Our kids still like it-- and I copycat their
> cheese biscuits and roasted potatoes. [and we spent some time making
> orange/vanilla 'Italian soda']

My humor meter may be off today, but I'm not getting it. What was so...
whatever... about her review? How in hell did it rate so much attention,
much less get it? And what is so wonderful about her defense of it?
She's an old crab. So what?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 12:41:28 -0500, Jerry Avins > wrote:

> On 3/10/2012 9:35 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > I like Olive Garden. LOL!!
> > A review of a review is he
> > <http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2012...ive_garden_rev
> > iew.php> LOL!! Ol' Kevin's getting his ass blistered.

> I get an "not found" message. They might have taken it down.

You didn't unwrap the line. Frankly, I don't see what it's all about.
Why is Kevin getting his ass blistered and why is her review so viral?
Neither article was noteworthy.

However, OG fills a need. If you dig around the menu, you can find
something you like, their bar is very good, their semi-private seating
areas are great for groups and they are located near major arteries so
you can gather after work and everyone can get home easily.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 08:35:02 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>I like Olive Garden. LOL!!
>A review of a review is he
><http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2012...ive_garden_rev
>iew.php> LOL!! Ol' Kevin's getting his ass blistered.

Team Marilyn!

My father is from North Dakota. I still have family in North Dakota.
This summer I attended the centenial of Robinson, ND, population 30,
where my father and his siblings lived and went to school for a time.

I understand both her review and her "what do I care?" attitude over
the attention. A pleasant new restaurant when there may have been
none is worthy of note. Those of us with more choices get jaded.

Tara
Scroll to page two for a few North Dakota pictures from this summer.:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35699999@N06/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Tara > wrote:
> I understand both her review and her "what do I care?" attitude over
> the attention. A pleasant new restaurant when there may have been
> none is worthy of note. Those of us with more choices get jaded.
>
> Tara
> Scroll to page two for a few North Dakota pictures from this summer.:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/35699999@N06/

Hear, hear.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Jim Elbrecht > wrote:

> OG fills a need.

Yup. Good on her!!
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Pennyaline > wrote:

> On 3/10/2012 7:35 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > I like Olive Garden. LOL!!
> > A review of a review is he
> > <http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2012...ive_garden_rev
> > iew.php> LOL!! Ol' Kevin's getting his ass blistered.

> So, where is the original review, the one that's being made fun of?

There's a link in the City Pages story. Or look up the Grand Forks
Herald.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:
> I didn't think it was that viral. I don't get the fascination with the
> review. A local reviewer reviews a local restaurant. I don't get it.
>
> -sw

Some thought that the City Pages editor was making sport of Ms. Hagerty
for reviewing an Olive Garden restaurant.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>> I didn't think it was that viral. I don't get the fascination with the
>> review. A local reviewer reviews a local restaurant. I don't get it.
>>
>> -sw

> Some thought that the City Pages editor was making sport of Ms. Hagerty
> for reviewing an Olive Garden restaurant.

It wondered about that too. I followed the link and to me, that very nice
lady was giving her view on a restaurant.

--
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote:

>"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> Sqwertz > wrote:
>>> I didn't think it was that viral. I don't get the fascination with the
>>> review. A local reviewer reviews a local restaurant. I don't get it.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Some thought that the City Pages editor was making sport of Ms. Hagerty
>> for reviewing an Olive Garden restaurant.

>It wondered about that too. I followed the link and to me, that very nice
>lady was giving her view on a restaurant.

I think what makes the review stand out is that
1. she is reviewing a pretty pedestrian chain
2. she wasn't mean
3. she didn't try to be clever

It is a bonus that she has aged a couple years beyond when most folks
retire & she doesn't seem to care much about the brouhaha.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 10, 1:53*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article >,
>
> *Sqwertz > wrote:
> > I didn't think it was that viral. I don't get the fascination with the
> > review. *A local reviewer reviews a local restaurant. *I don't get it.

> > -sw

> Some thought that the City Pages editor was making sport of Ms. Hagerty
> for reviewing an Olive Garden restaurant.

I have been to towns in Iowa where the Applebee's was the best
restaurant for miles around. An Olive Garden would have been a gift
from Heaven.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/10/2012 7:34 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 15:53:38 -0600, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> In >,
>> > wrote:
>>> I didn't think it was that viral. I don't get the fascination with the
>>> review. A local reviewer reviews a local restaurant. I don't get it.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Some thought that the City Pages editor was making sport of Ms. Hagerty
>> for reviewing an Olive Garden restaurant.

> Of course he was. Otherwise why review a review? He also suggests
> that the original review went was getting mocked all over the country,
> and not due to his instigation. Which is the part I don't get. Did
> he make that up?

Yeah, that's the bit I'm not getting either. Who would care enough to
make something like that viral? Something has to be a little
eye-catching and attention-worthy to go viral, even these days when
wasting time is seen as ambitious. Her review is nothing. No one would
look at that and give a damn. Before you posted the link here, I'd never
heard of it and neither had friends of mine whom I've asked about it since.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jim Elbrecht" > wrote in message

> I think what makes the review stand out is that
> 1. she is reviewing a pretty pedestrian chain
> 2. she wasn't mean
> 3. she didn't try to be clever
>
> It is a bonus that she has aged a couple years beyond when most folks
> retire & she doesn't seem to care much about the brouhaha.

Good for her

--
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George" > wrote in message
> On 3/10/2012 9:35 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> I like Olive Garden. LOL!!
>> A review of a review is he
>> <http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2012...ive_garden_rev
>> iew.php> LOL!! Ol' Kevin's getting his ass blistered.

> I like the olive garden frozen dinners. Same great taste and we don't have
> to go out...

I like this statement: Kevin: Did you think when you were writing it that
it would get so much attention outside of Grand Forks?

Marilyn: I didn't really care.

Neither do I. I've eaten at Olive Garden a couple of times when travelling
with John. It's just another ho-hum chain restaurant. There's nothing
exciting about it. There's one in Beaufort but I wouldn't go out of my way
to eat there. I will say they have pretty good good minestrone. But then
again, so does Progresso [canned soup]

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 15:28:35 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

> I've eaten at Olive Garden a couple of times when travelling
> with John. It's just another ho-hum chain restaurant. There's nothing
> exciting about it. There's one in Beaufort but I wouldn't go out of my way
> to eat there. I will say they have pretty good good minestrone. But then
> again, so does Progresso [canned soup]

Their Seafood Brodetto was very good when it was first on the menu,
but they cheapened it a year or so later to barely fish flavored
water. I got the bad stuff twice with a few months in between, so I
know it wasn't a mistake.

new Stevie Wonder record? Coach General Cooking 3 30-08-2010 11:48 PM
new Stevie Wonder record? Zappy General Cooking 1 28-08-2010 02:27 AM
Spam again..a record perhaps? James Silverton[_2_] General Cooking 26 03-09-2007 08:24 PM
Is this a record? James Silverton Wine 2 17-08-2005 05:06 PM
Record ALC Percentage? Steve Peek Winemaking 4 18-07-2004 09:59 PM