Old 08-03-2012, 08:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Jamaicapolitan. My version of a Cosmopolitan

Squeaks got me going on Cosmopolitans when I last visited her. I
wanted to make some at home but I didn't have the "exact" ingredients
but I think my substitutions worked beautifully, maybe even better.

I didn't have cranberry juice so I made some Agua de Jamaica and used
that; also I didn't have lime so I used Meyer lemon. Vodka is not an
option for me, so gin it is.

Here's what I did if you are interested.
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...-cocktail.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/7pn2rm8

Humm, I think I need to make more tonight.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Old 08-03-2012, 09:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 12:23:57 -0800, wrote:

Squeaks got me going on Cosmopolitans when I last visited her. I
wanted to make some at home but I didn't have the "exact" ingredients
but I think my substitutions worked beautifully, maybe even better.

I didn't have cranberry juice so I made some Agua de Jamaica and used
that; also I didn't have lime so I used Meyer lemon. Vodka is not an
option for me, so gin it is.

Here's what I did if you are interested.
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...-cocktail.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/7pn2rm8

Humm, I think I need to make more tonight.

I see you have at least two ingredients for a French 75. Open a
bottle of your cooking bubbly and you'll be all set! Where did you
find the hibiscus petals for your Agua de Jamaica? I don't think I've
ever seen them sold in packages.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

Where did you find the hibiscus petals for your Agua de Jamaica? I don't think I've ever seen them sold in packages.

Have you looked in the section of Safeway where they stock the dried chiles?

Bob