Posted to rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Poll: Peanut butter vs. Caramel

"Christopher M." > writes:

> Which is better with :
> 1. Chocolate
> 2. Marshmallow cream
> 3. Nuts
>
> A. Peanut butter (sugared or unsugared)
> B. Caramel

Well, I don't like sweet peanut butter. Putting "unsugared" peanut
butter with chocolate and marshmallow cream would definitely make it
sweet.

So, definitely caramel for me!
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 2, 1:48*pm, zxcvbob > wrote:
> Christopher M. wrote:
> > Which is better with :
> > 1. Chocolate
> > 2. Marshmallow cream
> > 3. Nuts

> > A. Peanut butter (sugared or unsugared)
> > B. Caramel

> I like turtles!

LOL- Did you see that kid on U-tube or somewhere else? I heard that a
lot last week when my son had a friend over for a couple of days. They
think it's hilarious!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christopher M. wrote:

>Which is better with :
>1. Chocolate
>2. Marshmallow cream
>3. Nuts
>
>A. Peanut butter (sugared or unsugared)
>B. Caramel

Peanut butter doesn't belong in candy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 16:25:02 -0500, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

>Which is better with :
>1. Chocolate
>2. Marshmallow cream
>3. Nuts
>
>A. Peanut butter (sugared or unsugared)
>B. Caramel
>

>W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

I like caramel for itself, by itself. . I also like chocolate and
marshmallow cream together. Chocolate goes with most everything.

1 a
2 a or 1
3 neither, but I do prefer chunky peanut butter
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 16:25:02 -0500, "Christopher M."
> > wrote:
>
>>Which is better with :
>>1. Chocolate
>>2. Marshmallow cream
>>3. Nuts
>>
>>A. Peanut butter (sugared or unsugared)
>>B. Caramel
>>

>>W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
>>

> I like caramel for itself, by itself. . I also like chocolate and
> marshmallow cream together. Chocolate goes with most everything.
>
> 1 a
> 2 a or 1
> 3 neither, but I do prefer chunky peanut butter

I used to be a fan of the crunchy Reese's peanut butter cups. But I think
the quality has gone downhill lately.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George M. Middius > wrote:

>Christopher M. wrote:
>
>>Which is better with :
>>1. Chocolate
>>2. Marshmallow cream
>>3. Nuts
>>
>>A. Peanut butter (sugared or unsugared)
>>B. Caramel

>Peanut butter doesn't belong in candy.

I double-dog dare you to try this recipe and say that again-
http://www.staging-seriouseats.com/2...dy-recipe.html

http://preview.tinyurl.com/7uevl2p

I make them about 4tsp each before dipping.
I use Skippy crunchy and sea salt. and I'm due for a batch.

And to the OP-- not a caramel fan, so I'd just put PB on anything
where there was a choice.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 18:01:29 -0500, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

-snip-
>I used to be a fan of the crunchy Reese's peanut butter cups. But I think
>the quality has gone downhill lately.

See my response to George-- http://preview.tinyurl.com/7uevl2p
[Buckeyes will scratch that itch]

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

>>Peanut butter doesn't belong in candy.

>I double-dog dare you to try this recipe and say that again-
>http://www.staging-seriouseats.com/2...dy-recipe.html

Did I mention I don't like peanut butter in candy?

Also, I don't see an actual recipe on that page.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 18:51:03 -0500, George M. Middius
> wrote:

>Jim Elbrecht wrote:
>
>>>Peanut butter doesn't belong in candy.

>>I double-dog dare you to try this recipe and say that again-
>>http://www.staging-seriouseats.com/2...dy-recipe.html

>Did I mention I don't like peanut butter in candy?
>
>Also, I don't see an actual recipe on that page.

Weird. They moved it to a different page.
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...-buckeyes.html

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 17:19:59 -0500, George M. Middius
> wrote:

> Christopher M. wrote:
>
> >Which is better with :
> >1. Chocolate
> >2. Marshmallow cream
> >3. Nuts
> >
> >A. Peanut butter (sugared or unsugared)
> >B. Caramel

> Peanut butter doesn't belong in candy.

Peanut butter fudge is very good (it was a sleep over treat as a
teenager) and peanut butter sandwiches with marshmallow fluff
(broiled) is super good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

>>>I double-dog dare you to try this recipe and say that again-
>>>http://www.staging-seriouseats.com/2...dy-recipe.html

>>Did I mention I don't like peanut butter in candy?
>>
>>Also, I don't see an actual recipe on that page.
>>

>Weird. They moved it to a different page.
>http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...-buckeyes.html

I still don't like peanut butter in candy. Also (and this is a fatal
flaw in my book) the recipe specifies "fleur de sel". No human can
perceive a difference between sea salt and earth salt, and pretending
otherwise is fatally twee.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 18:51:03 -0500, George M. Middius
> wrote:

> Jim Elbrecht wrote:
>
> >>Peanut butter doesn't belong in candy.

> >I double-dog dare you to try this recipe and say that again-
> >http://www.staging-seriouseats.com/2...dy-recipe.html

> Did I mention I don't like peanut butter in candy?
>
> Also, I don't see an actual recipe on that page.

The candy is from his candy company. You can find recipes elsewhere
on the net.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 2, 4:25*pm, "Christopher M." > wrote:
> Which is better with :
> 1. Chocolate
> 2. Marshmallow cream
> 3. Nuts
>
> A. Peanut butter (sugared or unsugared)
> B. Caramel
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

1.A
2.A
3.B
Nuts with peanut butter just sounds redundant.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

How can you decide? They are all good with each other. Just give me a dish
of all of it.

"Christopher M." wrote in message ...

Which is better with :
1. Chocolate
2. Marshmallow cream
3. Nuts

A. Peanut butter (sugared or unsugared)
B. Caramel

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/2/2012 4:25 PM, Christopher M. wrote:
> Which is better with :
> 1. Chocolate
> 2. Marshmallow cream
> 3. Nuts
>
> A. Peanut butter (sugared or unsugared)
> B. Caramel
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

I'd have to go with caramel.
Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gayle Hodur wrote:
> How can you decide? They are all good with each other. Just give me a
> dish of all of it.

Like a 'make your own sundae' kind of thing?

Sounds good to me.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)