Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Slow Cooker

I just purchased an oblong Crock Pot and am very disappointed with it.
It has a clear lid but jumps around while simmering and spurts liquids
all around the outside of it. I wish I would have paid closer attention
to what I purchased but didn't really see anything better on the shelf.
EJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 28, 2:17*pm, (Eddy Jean) wrote:

> I just purchased an oblong Crock Pot and am very disappointed with it.
> It has a clear lid but jumps around while simmering and spurts liquids
> all around the outside of it. I wish I would have paid closer attention
> to what I purchased but didn't really see anything better on the shelf.
> EJ

Well duh, nobody here can give an opinion or tips since you neglected
to mention the size or brand name of this 'jumping' crock pot. Did
you pick this up at the Goodwill or are you cooking Mexican jumping
beans in it? But what I really think is you're full of crap.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 28, 12:17*pm, (Eddy Jean) wrote:
> I just purchased an oblong Crock Pot and am very disappointed with it.
> It has a clear lid but jumps around while simmering and spurts liquids
> all around the outside of it. I wish I would have paid closer attention
> to what I purchased but didn't really see anything better on the shelf.

Is it simmering or slow cooking?

Did you fill it up to the rim, or is there a space between the liquid
level and the top of the pot?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

eddyj.webtv.net (Eddy Jean) wrote:

> I just purchased a dildo and am very disappointed with it.
> It has a big clear head but jumps around and spurts liquids
> all around the outside of it. I wish I would have paid closer attention
> to what I purchased but didn't really see anything better on the shelf.

Sounds like you got what you paid for.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2012 2:17 PM, Eddy Jean wrote:
> I just purchased an oblong Crock Pot and am very disappointed with it.
> It has a clear lid but jumps around while simmering and spurts liquids
> all around the outside of it. I wish I would have paid closer attention
> to what I purchased but didn't really see anything better on the shelf.
> EJ

Is it a Rival brand?

I'd take it back to the store. Sounds dangerous.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

spamtrap1888 wrote:
> (Eddy Jean) wrote:
>
>> I just purchased an oblong Crock Pot and am very disappointed with it.
>> It has a clear lid but jumps around while simmering and spurts liquids
>> all around the outside of it. I wish I would have paid closer attention
>> to what I purchased but didn't really see anything better on the shelf.

> Is it simmering or slow cooking?
>
> Did you fill it up to the rim, or is there a space between the liquid
> level and the top of the pot?

Check. The symptoms described are what happens when you fill the crock
pot too full and leave it on high too long. In other words when you
don't follow the directions.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> Marcella Peek > writes:
>
>> I have that happen sometimes too. The steam condenses on the lid, rolls
>> down the sides and gets stuck on the rim of the crock interfering with
>> how the lid seals. If I hear it happen, I just go and with a towel wipe
>> the water off from the rim of the crock and replace the lid. It's
>> usually fine after that.

> The point of a crockpot is to run unattended, though, so this kind of
> failure is kind of worrisome. Well, I'll be very careful at first (and
> try to get the people who are home to check it). Sounds like it's not a
> problem if you load right (not overfull).

It's a standard sign that the crock pot was over filled. Next time
reduce the liquid significantly, or reduce the amount of solid food
added if no liquid was added. Many types of solid food release a lot of
water as they cook so it's very easy for a novice who can't read the
directions to make this mistake. (Notice that to an outside observer
there is no distinction between can't read and won't read).