Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Here's an easy one..........

I took two pounds of pre-cut stew meat and browned it up in 2
tablespoons of butter and two of olive oild then tossed in two diced
onions and one diced green pepper and about 6 cloves of garlic diced.
I let that go for maybe 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then I
tossed in two cans of plum tomatoes squished up by hand along with the
juice, or half of it at least. No oregano or basil or spices of any
kind, just a little pepper. This is the base. I let it simmer on low
for an hour and a half, but less is ok too. Then I let it cool a bit
and put it in the fridge in a plastic container. Then each day I
ladle some out and cut up some chile pepper and fresh bagged spinach
and toss that in. I might even steam some cabbage tonight and put
that in the fridge and add that on some days. The stuff is good for 6
days, which is my cutting off point, although I've been known to go
7. Anyway, this is really simple stuff, making the base and then
adding whatever you want each day to the individual meal. I put this
stuff on rice, but it's good on spags as well, or even a few chunks of
potato.

Simplicity rules,
TJ

Easy dip pintlar@node1 General Cooking 8 05-10-2013 12:33 AM
Easy Way Tea TaeHo Tea 0 13-12-2009 08:14 AM
Easy McTarget Martin Willett Restaurants 39 10-02-2007 03:29 PM
This is too easy! [email protected] Winemaking 1 31-07-2006 05:25 PM
Well, That Was Easy Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 34 05-02-2004 10:30 PM