FoodBanter.com

-   -   20 and 10 minutes on the NordicTrack, getting better! (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/415554-20-10-minutes-nordictrack.html)

John Kuthe[_3_] 13-02-2012 08:20 PM

20 and 10 minutes on the NordicTrack, getting better!

4th day of my "bail the belly" program! Wish I had a scale.

I've cut what I eat every to about 1/2 too. Not eliminating anything,
just eating less and exercising more (or at all!) I'm getting used to
being hungry most of the time too. I think this is how people were
supposed to be! Back in the hunter/gatherer days, yano? I'll bet there
were never any overweight or obese hunter/gatherers!!

;-)

John Kuthe...

Paul M. Cook 13-02-2012 10:05 PM

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> 4th day of my "bail the belly" program! Wish I had a scale.
>
> I've cut what I eat every to about 1/2 too. Not eliminating anything,
> just eating less and exercising more (or at all!) I'm getting used to
> being hungry most of the time too. I think this is how people were
> supposed to be! Back in the hunter/gatherer days, yano? I'll bet there
> were never any overweight or obese hunter/gatherers!!

Going hungry fools your metabolism into thinking it needs to reserve energy
aka fat. Snack during meals but choose low carb, high protein snacks such
as cheese. Eliminate all excess carbs. Don't eat after 8:00pm. Scales
will only discourage you. Belt notches are far superior guages.

Paul

John Kuthe[_3_] 13-02-2012 10:18 PM

On Feb 13, 4:05*pm, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> Going hungry fools your metabolism into thinking it needs to reserve energy
> aka fat. *Snack during meals but choose low carb, high protein snacks such
> as cheese. *Eliminate all excess carbs. *Don't eat after 8:00pm. *Scales
> will only discourage you. *Belt notches are far superior guages.
>
> Paul

I'm not eliminating anything. I'm shrinking my stomach and eating
less, and exercizing! Damn weather won't let me bicycle like I'd like
to, which is why I got the NordicTrack years ago.

And yes, you are probably correct about the scale. I hate numbers,
they are too precise! Years ago I had a bicycle computer and I knew
for example that it was 10.25 miles from my front door, around Forest
park and WashU and back to my front door. Big deal! Nice, but hardly
useful. The computer thingie on my NordicTrack finally gave up the
ghost too, so I just use my digital alarm clock and guesstimate going
long on the minutes.

My personal best on the NordicTrack years ago was 20,10,10 mins plus
as long as to would take me to hit 500 cals on the stupid NordicTrack
computer. (43-44 mins total normally.) I've been doing 15,10 mins for
3 days and today I did 20,10 which I'll do for a few days before
attempting 20,10,10 mins (depending on how I feel!)

John Kuthe...

merryb 14-02-2012 02:22 AM

On Feb 13, 12:20*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> 4th day of my "bail the belly" program! Wish I had a scale.
>
> I've cut what I eat every to about 1/2 too. Not eliminating anything,
> just eating less and exercising more (or at all!) I'm getting used to
> being hungry most of the time too. I think this is how people were
> supposed to be! Back in the hunter/gatherer days, yano? I'll bet there
> were never any overweight or obese hunter/gatherers!!
>
> ;-)
>
> John Kuthe...

This is what your friend should be doing instead of obsessing...

John Kuthe[_3_] 14-02-2012 02:34 AM

On Feb 13, 8:22*pm, merryb > wrote:
> On Feb 13, 12:20*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > 4th day of my "bail the belly" program! Wish I had a scale.

> > I've cut what I eat every to about 1/2 too. Not eliminating anything,
> > just eating less and exercising more (or at all!) I'm getting used to
> > being hungry most of the time too. I think this is how people were
> > supposed to be! Back in the hunter/gatherer days, yano? I'll bet there
> > were never any overweight or obese hunter/gatherers!!

> > ;-)

> > John Kuthe...

> This is what your friend should be doing instead of obsessing...

That's why I'm doing it this way. Of course Bryan was much more
overweight than I am, so maybe his Atkins low carbing was a way to get
the excess fat off fast, but he seems to me making micromanaging his
nutrition his new "lifestyle" (obsession.)

Of course there's never been any "telling Bryan" anything. If he
doesn't come up with it himself, it's all worthless (to him.)

John Kuthe...

Bryan[_6_] 14-02-2012 03:07 AM

On Feb 13, 8:22*pm, merryb > wrote:
> On Feb 13, 12:20*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > 4th day of my "bail the belly" program! Wish I had a scale.

> > I've cut what I eat every to about 1/2 too. Not eliminating anything,
> > just eating less and exercising more (or at all!) I'm getting used to
> > being hungry most of the time too. I think this is how people were
> > supposed to be! Back in the hunter/gatherer days, yano? I'll bet there
> > were never any overweight or obese hunter/gatherers!!

> > ;-)

> > John Kuthe...

> This is what your friend should be doing instead of obsessing...

I lost 20 pounds in two months. I have a very active job. The way to
end hunger is to do this:
http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/k...low-carb-pt-i/
Eades is merely an Atkins copycat, but he's correct nonetheless.
I don't obsess over fatty acids. If I did, I wouldn't put cream in my
coffee, or use coconut oil at all. I do stay very low carb.
The whole thing is working very well for me. John has been insulting
me on this NG, and I've given it right back, but I'd be happy to give
him some MCT oil, which would make his transition easier if he's one
of the folks who don't suffer digestive discomfort from MCTs.

--Bryan

Bryan[_6_] 14-02-2012 03:11 AM

On Feb 13, 8:34*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Feb 13, 8:22*pm, merryb > wrote:
>
> > On Feb 13, 12:20*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > > 4th day of my "bail the belly" program! Wish I had a scale.

> > > I've cut what I eat every to about 1/2 too. Not eliminating anything,
> > > just eating less and exercising more (or at all!) I'm getting used to
> > > being hungry most of the time too. I think this is how people were
> > > supposed to be! Back in the hunter/gatherer days, yano? I'll bet there
> > > were never any overweight or obese hunter/gatherers!!

> > > ;-)

> > > John Kuthe...

> > This is what your friend should be doing instead of obsessing...

> That's why I'm doing it this way. Of course Bryan was much more
> overweight than I am, so maybe his Atkins low carbing was a way to get
> the excess fat off fast, but he seems to me making micromanaging his
> nutrition his new "lifestyle" (obsession.)
>
> Of course there's never been any "telling Bryan" anything. If he
> doesn't come up with it himself, it's all worthless (to him.)

John, if you were less into insulting me than learning more about
fats, you'd be better off.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan

John Kuthe[_3_] 14-02-2012 03:41 AM

On Feb 13, 9:07*pm, Bryan > wrote:

> I lost 20 pounds in two months. *I have a very active job. *The way to
> end hunger is to do this:http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/k...tips-tricks-fo...
> Eades is merely an Atkins copycat, but he's correct nonetheless.
> I don't obsess over fatty acids. *If I did, I wouldn't put cream in my
> coffee, or use coconut oil at all. *I do stay very low carb.
> The whole thing is working very well for me. *John has been insulting
> me on this NG, and I've given it right back, but I'd be happy to give
> him some MCT oil, which would make his transition easier if he's one
> of the folks who don't suffer digestive discomfort from MCTs.
>
> --Bryan

How is accurately calling your obsession and obsession "insulting"
you? Your active job is the same active job you had when you gained
those 20lbs, so it is certainly not the change in lifestyle that
caused you to lose them. And yes, you have been pedantically obsessing
over different types of fatty acids all over this newsgroup.
Repeatedly, although not here in this post.

If you have truly lost 20lbs via low carbing it, congrats! I'm happy
for you. I could stand to love about 10-20 lbs myself, and this is how
I'm going to do it. By eating less overall, and exercising on my
NordicTrack or bicycling more days of the week than not (4 days
NordicTracking so far, and gonna again tomorrow too.)

And I'll be getting an "active job" again soon, I hope! Last time I
got into a good exercising routine, I either 1) started nursing school
full time or 2) got an active job.

And PS: Bryan, the way to end hunger is to eat something! What and how
much you eat matters a lot, of course. Most United Statesians (you and
me included) seem to think a grossly distended belly full of food is
"being not hungry anymore", judging from my own misguided experience
and your negative criticisms of a particular Greek restaurant for not
serving large enough portions. United Statesian restaurants serve
portions large enough for at least two full meals, yet we bolt them
down in one meal. No wonder this:

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/obes...maps/index.htm

Maybe we ALL need to eat less. Ya think?

John Kuthe...