Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Beef Prices

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:00:42 -0500, Jean B. wrote:
>
>> Some days, I spend more on cat food than on human food.

> Do you make sandwiches out of it, or use it as a cracker spread?
>
> -sw

Yuck, even though it is high-quality cat food.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

>> Yuck, even though it is high-quality cat food.

>I've eaten cat food before. And I even made a few bucks off of it :-)
>
>That Trader Joes canned tuna cat food? It smells great but tastes
>pretty rotten.
>
>Sorry - didn't mean to gross you out :-)

I give my kittycats people food on occasion. Nothing wrong with that,
is there?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George M. Middius" wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>
> >> Yuck, even though it is high-quality cat food.

> >I've eaten cat food before. And I even made a few bucks off of it :-)
> >
> >That Trader Joes canned tuna cat food? It smells great but tastes
> >pretty rotten.
> >
> >Sorry - didn't mean to gross you out :-)

> I give my kittycats people food on occasion. Nothing wrong with that,
> is there?

My (now deceased) kitty loved the meal of:
- can of starkist tuna packed in water
- one hard boiled egg
- a small handful of the dry cat food.

He loved this mix. It wasn't normal food, but a special treat.

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> I've eaten cat food before. And I even made a few bucks off of it :-)
>
> That Trader Joes canned tuna cat food? It smells great but tastes
> pretty rotten.

When I was a lad in the 1960's, I had a collie named Randy. He ate a can of
Kennel Ration dog food each day and I was the one that fed him. It smelled
so darn good. One time I decided to try it. It was not a good thing. But
Randy finished up my portion so it didn't go to waste. eheheh

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 22:32:56 -0500, Jean B. wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Do you make sandwiches out of it, or use it as a cracker spread?

>> Yuck, even though it is high-quality cat food.

> I've eaten cat food before. And I even made a few bucks off of it :-)
>
> That Trader Joes canned tuna cat food? It smells great but tastes
> pretty rotten.
>
> Sorry - didn't mean to gross you out :-)
>
> -sw

Yuck. But beyond that, perhaps Ming has a point when he snubs the
food that smells good to me?

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 20, 10:04*am, George M. Middius > wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
> >> Yuck, even though it is high-quality cat food.

> >I've eaten cat food before. *And I even made a few bucks off of it :-)

> >That Trader Joes canned tuna cat food? *It smells great but tastes
> >pretty rotten.

> >Sorry - didn't mean to gross you out :-)

> I give my kittycats people food on occasion. Nothing wrong with that,
> is there?

You just need to avoid a few things like onions and garlic. And don't
go overboard on extra calories if your cat is overweight.

I had a very lean cat who loved people food. His favorites were peas
and mushrooms. He also ate canteloupe, any kind of pasta, rice, blue
cheese dressing, any kind of cheese, lima beans, doritos, and bread.
We had to keep bread products in the cabinet or microwave, or he would
tear chunks out of the hamburger buns or whatever was available. He
ate people food every day, and I think he waited to see what was for
dinner and only ate cat food afterward to fill up. He was always lean
and lived to 10 days shy of his 19th birthday, so it didn't harm him
at all. Oh, he loved cheesecake too.

I believe his motto was "I'll have what you're having."

And he was the best remote microwave timer. He would sit in the
kitchen when something was in the microwave, then come get me as soon
as it beeped. We suspected this for awhile, and comfirmed it one day.
He came to my while I was at the computer and pawed at my leg. I went
to the kitchen, and my mom asked if Maynard had gotten me. She watched
him run out of the room when the microwave beeped. And I was there
only a minute later.

Good stuff, Maynard!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> jmcquown > wrote:
>
> >"Steve Pope" > wrote in message

> >> What is the deal with this north American obsession with not

> weighing >> ingredients?
>
> > I don't want anyone to tell me how much I should eat or that I
> > should weigh my food.

> I'm not saying anyone should tell you either of these things.
> People are free to do what they like. I'm just saying that relative
> to what I would view as a neutral point of view, north Americans seem
> to be biased opposed to weighing ingredients. Perhaps to the point of
> obsession, or almost so.
>

> Steve

No, but Americans generally measure by 'volume' in cookery vice weight.
Hence a 'cup of this and a cup of that'. The pedantic '110g of this
and 237g of that' doesnt appeal here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hey BillyZoom (was: Beef Prices)

On Feb 15, 8:09*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Feb 15, 5:55*pm, BillyZoom > wrote:
>
> Stop taking AT me, completely!!

Hey, Billy. I have an idea. Every time John stalks me, you stalk
him. He can't help dishing it out, but feels indignant when he's on
the receiving end. I'm tiring of responding to his "obsession" posts.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hey BillyZoom and Bryan! (was: Beef Prices)

On Feb 23, 8:31*pm, Bryan > wrote:
> On Feb 15, 8:09*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > On Feb 15, 5:55*pm, BillyZoom > wrote:

> > Stop taking AT me, completely!!

> Hey, Billy. *I have an idea. *Every time John stalks me, you stalk
> him. *He can't help dishing it out, but feels indignant when he's on
> the receiving end. *I'm tiring of responding to his "obsession" posts.

And then I'll stalk BillyBoy!

And we can have one big ClusterStalk!! :-)

I've been on the Internet longer than either of ya, possibly both put
together!. I cut my Internet teeth on alt.tasteless, back before there
was a WorldWideWeb. I think I can take any NetThings y'all can dish
out! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 23, 8:42*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Feb 23, 8:31*pm, Bryan > wrote:
>
> > On Feb 15, 8:09*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > > On Feb 15, 5:55*pm, BillyZoom > wrote:

> > > Stop taking AT me, completely!!

> > Hey, Billy. *I have an idea. *Every time John stalks me, you stalk
> > him. *He can't help dishing it out, but feels indignant when he's on
> > the receiving end. *I'm tiring of responding to his "obsession" posts..

> And then I'll stalk BillyBoy!
>
> And we can have one big ClusterStalk!! :-)
>
> I've been on the Internet longer than either of ya, possibly both put
> together!. I cut my Internet teeth on alt.tasteless, back before there
> was a WorldWideWeb. I think I can take any NetThings y'all can dish
> out! ;-)

Except I won't be stalking. I'll reply civilly to your posts that
have value, and not at all to your stalker posts. I don't feel the
need to reply to your insults over my "obsession" with the
healthfulness of foods. One of us cares about public health, and
there are others who also feel that way. Likewise, there are those
like you who consider such a concern to be overly pedagogical, even to
the point of being "pedantic." I agree to disagree about which is
preferable.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 23, 9:05*pm, Bryan > wrote:
> On Feb 23, 8:42*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > > Hey, Billy. *I have an idea. *Every time John stalks me, you stalk
> > > him. *He can't help dishing it out, but feels indignant when he's on
> > > the receiving end. *I'm tiring of responding to his "obsession" posts.

> > And then I'll stalk BillyBoy!

> > And we can have one big ClusterStalk!! :-)

> > I've been on the Internet longer than either of ya, possibly both put
> > together!. I cut my Internet teeth on alt.tasteless, back before there
> > was a WorldWideWeb. I think I can take any NetThings y'all can dish
> > out! ;-)

> Except I won't be stalking. *I'll reply civilly to your posts that
> have value, and not at all to your stalker posts. *I don't feel the
> need to reply to your insults over my "obsession" with the
> healthfulness of foods. *One of us cares about public health, and
> there are others who also feel that way. *Likewise, there are those
> like you who consider such a concern to be overly pedagogical, even to
> the point of being "pedantic." *I agree to disagree about which is
> preferable.
>

> > John Kuthe...

> --Bryan

Sure you are Bryan. Almost as much as trying to project the "white
robes" image of "Look how much I know, and you could too if you were
not the fool you are!"

A large part of "public health" is psychological as well as physical
health. Something that evidently escapes your intellect.

John Kuthe...

Low beef prices? Food Snob® General Cooking 10 12-05-2009 11:32 PM
Beef Prices To Rise Again? BOB General Cooking 22 02-01-2004 05:13 AM
High beef prices butch burton Barbecue 9 22-11-2003 05:27 PM
Beef Prices Mr. Wizard General Cooking 15 03-11-2003 08:50 PM