Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

Default Bacon Shakes at Jack In the Box

Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?

<http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Jack-in-the-Box-Unveils-Bacon-Flavored-Milkshake-138924184.html>
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

i had the oppertunity to try it yesterday but passed, i was to tired to be
fair, maybe at another time, Lees
"Jerry Sauk" > wrote in message
> Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?
>
> <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Jack-in-the-Box-Unveils-Bacon-Flavored-Milkshake-138924184.html>

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On 2/9/12 9:42 PM, Jerry Sauk wrote:

> Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?
>
> <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Jack-in-the-Box-Unveils-Bacon-Flavored-Milkshake-138924184.html>

Here's one review of it:

http://sfist.com/2012/02/03/sfist_re...hake_by_ja.php

- Peter

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Feb 10, 2:28*pm, Peter Lawrence > wrote:
> On 2/9/12 9:42 PM, Jerry Sauk wrote:
>

> > Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?

> > <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Jack-in-the-Box-Unveils-Bacon-Fl....>

> Here's one review of it:
>
> http://sfist.com/2012/02/03/sfist_re...hake_by_ja.php
>
> - Peter

Good review!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Jerry Sauk >
wrote:

> Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?
>
> <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird...con-Flavored-M
> ilkshake-138924184.html>

why not ping julie bove and ask her. she's a real gourmet of such things

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On 2/10/2012 12:28 PM, Peter Lawrence wrote:
> On 2/9/12 9:42 PM, Jerry Sauk wrote:
>>
>> Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?
>>
>> <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Jack-in-the-Box-Unveils-Bacon-Flavored-Milkshake-138924184.html>
>>

> Here's one review of it:
>
> http://sfist.com/2012/02/03/sfist_re...hake_by_ja.php
>

> - Peter

Count me in babe! I found the maple/bacon sundae at Denny's to be pretty
tasty. I wish they'd offer it again.
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Feb 9, 9:42*pm, Jerry Sauk > wrote:
> Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?
>
> <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Jack-in-the-Box-Unveils-Bacon-Fl...>

but there's no bacon in it.........cheat......
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Feb 10, 5:19*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Feb 9, 9:42*pm, Jerry Sauk > wrote:
>
> > Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?

> > <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Jack-in-the-Box-Unveils-Bacon-Fl....>

> but there's no bacon in it.........cheat......

Bet there's no milk in it either! Otherwise it would be called a MILK
shake!

;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Feb 10, 3:32*am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> i had the oppertunity to try it yesterday but passed, i was to tired to be
> fair, maybe at another time, Lees"Jerry Sauk" > wrote in message

> > Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?

> > <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Jack-in-the-Box-Unveils-Bacon-Fl....>

Look, once again - being "blind" is no excuse for top posting and your
appalling spelling and grammar. Not to mention, you don't have to
reply to every ****ing post. You rarely have anything to say, and when
you do it's usually just incorrect. I know people who really are blind
that can write computer programs with the precision needed. You're
just a lazy **** who shits all over this newsgroup. Learn to use your
software and form a coherent thought before posting.
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Feb 10, 5:42*pm, BillyZoom > wrote:
> On Feb 10, 3:32*am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>
> > i had the oppertunity to try it yesterday but passed, i was to tired to be
> > fair, maybe at another time, Lees"Jerry Sauk" > wrote in message

> > > Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?

> > > <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Jack-in-the-Box-Unveils-Bacon-Fl...>

> Look, once again - being "blind" is no excuse for top posting and your
> appalling spelling and grammar. Not to mention, you don't have to
> reply to every ****ing post. You rarely have anything to say, and when
> you do it's usually just incorrect. I know people who really are blind
> that can write computer programs with the precision needed. You're
> just a lazy **** who shits all over this newsgroup. Learn to use your
> software and form a coherent thought before posting.

Blind or not, she's got more good manners in your little finger than
you do on your whole family! BillyDipshit!

John Kuthe...

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Feb 10, 6:57*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Feb 10, 5:42*pm, BillyZoom > wrote:
>

> > On Feb 10, 3:32*am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:

> > > i had the oppertunity to try it yesterday but passed, i was to tired to be

> > Look, once again - being "blind" is no excuse for top posting and your
> > appalling spelling and grammar. Not to mention, you don't have to
> > reply to every ****ing post. You rarely have anything to say, and when
> > you do it's usually just incorrect. I know people who really are blind
> > that can write computer programs with the precision needed. You're
> > just a lazy **** who shits all over this newsgroup. Learn to use your
> > software and form a coherent thought before posting.

> Blind or not, she's got more good manners in your little finger than
> you do on your whole family! BillyDipshit!
>
> John Kuthe...

Stop stalking me.
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Feb 10, 6:08*pm, BillyZoom > wrote:
> On Feb 10, 6:57*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > > Look, once again - being "blind" is no excuse for top posting and your
> > > appalling spelling and grammar. Not to mention, you don't have to
> > > reply to every ****ing post. You rarely have anything to say, and when
> > > you do it's usually just incorrect. I know people who really are blind
> > > that can write computer programs with the precision needed. You're
> > > just a lazy **** who shits all over this newsgroup. Learn to use your
> > > software and form a coherent thought before posting.

> > Blind or not, she's got more good manners in your little finger than
> > you do on your whole family! BillyDipshit!

> > John Kuthe...

> Stop stalking me.

Stop being a dipshit!!

And it's hardly stalking when you put your dipshittedness out for all
to see!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

thanks john, i rarely see that individual's posts because he seems to think
that everyone is the same and that i care what he thinks, you would think if
i upset him so bad he would block me, man what a sad life, Lee
"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
On Feb 10, 5:42 pm, BillyZoom > wrote:
> On Feb 10, 3:32 am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>
> > i had the oppertunity to try it yesterday but passed, i was to tired to
> > be
> > fair, maybe at another time, Lees"Jerry Sauk" >
> > wrote in message

> > > Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?

> > > <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Jack-in-the-Box-Unveils-Bacon-Fl...>

> Look, once again - being "blind" is no excuse for top posting and your
> appalling spelling and grammar. Not to mention, you don't have to
> reply to every ****ing post. You rarely have anything to say, and when
> you do it's usually just incorrect. I know people who really are blind
> that can write computer programs with the precision needed. You're
> just a lazy **** who shits all over this newsgroup. Learn to use your
> software and form a coherent thought before posting.

Blind or not, she's got more good manners in your little finger than
you do on your whole family! BillyDipshit!

John Kuthe...

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

LOL, first time i read this i thought you said "your dipstikness, a visual a
blind person can cringe at, Lee
"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
On Feb 10, 6:08 pm, BillyZoom > wrote:
> On Feb 10, 6:57 pm, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > > Look, once again - being "blind" is no excuse for top posting and your
> > > appalling spelling and grammar. Not to mention, you don't have to
> > > reply to every ****ing post. You rarely have anything to say, and when
> > > you do it's usually just incorrect. I know people who really are blind
> > > that can write computer programs with the precision needed. You're
> > > just a lazy **** who shits all over this newsgroup. Learn to use your
> > > software and form a coherent thought before posting.

> > Blind or not, she's got more good manners in your little finger than
> > you do on your whole family! BillyDipshit!

> > John Kuthe...

> Stop stalking me.

Stop being a dipshit!!

And it's hardly stalking when you put your dipshittedness out for all
to see!!

John Kuthe...

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On 2/10/12 3:19 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Feb 9, 9:42 pm, Jerry > wrote:
>>
>> Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?
>>
>> <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Jack-in-the-Box-Unveils-Bacon-Fl...>

> but there's no bacon in it.........cheat......

One thing to note: Jack in the Box does have bacon bits on hand for their
Chicken Club Salad. Wonder if one, when ordering, could make a special
request to add some bacon bits to their bacon shake.

- Peter

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On 2/11/12 12:53 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 00:40:17 -0800, Peter Lawrence wrote:

>>> but there's no bacon in it.........cheat......

>> One thing to note: Jack in the Box does have bacon bits on hand for their
>> Chicken Club Salad. Wonder if one, when ordering, could make a special
>> request to add some bacon bits to their bacon shake.

> Are they real bacon bits are the bacon-flavored fried TSP? Te kater is
> vegan (artificially flavored textured soy protein - AKA "Bac-O's").

The bacon bits at Jack in the Box are referred to as "crumbled bacon pieces"
and yes, they're made from real bacon.

Here's the ingredient list for JitB Bacon Pieces: Real Bacon Pieces. Smoke
Flavoring Added. Fully Cooked and Chopped. Cured with Water, Salt, Sodium
Phosphate, Sodium Nitrite, Smoke Flavoring. May Contain: Sugar, Sodium
Erythorbate, Brown Sugar, Sodium Ascorbate, Potassium Chloride, Dextrose.

(Also note, they use real ice cream in their shakes.)

- Peter

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On 2/11/12 6:22 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 01:27:17 -0800, Peter Lawrence wrote:

>>> Are they real bacon bits are the bacon-flavored fried TSP? The later is
>>> vegan (artificially flavored textured soy protein - AKA "Bac-O's").

>> The bacon bits at Jack in the Box are referred to as "crumbled bacon pieces"
>> and yes, they're made from real bacon.
>>
>> Here's the ingredient list for JitB Bacon Pieces: Real Bacon Pieces. Smoke
>> Flavoring Added. Fully Cooked and Chopped. Cured with Water, Salt, Sodium
>> Phosphate, Sodium Nitrite, Smoke Flavoring. May Contain: Sugar, Sodium
>> Erythorbate, Brown Sugar, Sodium Ascorbate, Potassium Chloride, Dextrose.

> OK, they're real pig meat but they're still fake bacon (they're not
> naturally smoked but rather brined in liquid smoke).

It does state real bacon pieces. (It's just *enhanced* with added smoke
flavoring.)

- Peter

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

Steve wrote:

> Well, "real" bacon is just defined as cured pork belly meat. Smoking
> is optional. So yeah, it WAS real at one time, but they then turned
> it into Fake-O Bacon when they added smoke flavoring.

I'd guess that a hefty proportion of the stuff sold as bacon in grocery
stores (and especially at Wal•Mart) is given artificial smoke flavoring.

Bob
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

Storrmmee wrote:

> thanks john, i rarely see that individual's posts because he seems to
> think that everyone is the same and that i care what he thinks, you
> would think if i upset him so bad he would block me, man what a sad
> life, Lee "John Kuthe" > wrote in message

I too have it in my KF

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

wrote in message

> > Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?

<http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Jack-in-the-Box-Unveils-Bacon-Fl...>

>Look, once again - being "blind" is no excuse for top posting and your
>appalling spelling and grammar. Not to mention, you don't have to
>reply to every ****ing post. You rarely have anything to say, and when
>you do it's usually just incorrect. I know people who really are blind
>that can write computer programs with the precision needed. You're
>just a lazy **** who shits all over this newsgroup. Learn to use your
>software and form a coherent thought before posting.

I agree, that is why this person has been BANNED from alt.fast-food.

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

lol, I'll be back to post in fast food when i am bored enough, Lee
"Jerry Sauk" > wrote in message
m...

> "BillyZoom" > wrote in message
> On Feb 10, 3:32 am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>> i had the oppertunity to try it yesterday but passed, i was to tired to
>> be
>> fair, maybe at another time, Lees"Jerry Sauk" >

> wrote in message

>> > Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?

> <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Jack-in-the-Box-Unveils-Bacon-Fl...>
>
>>Look, once again - being "blind" is no excuse for top posting and your
>>appalling spelling and grammar. Not to mention, you don't have to
>>reply to every ****ing post. You rarely have anything to say, and when
>>you do it's usually just incorrect. I know people who really are blind
>>that can write computer programs with the precision needed. You're
>>just a lazy **** who shits all over this newsgroup. Learn to use your
>>software and form a coherent thought before posting.

> I agree, that is why this person has been BANNED from alt.fast-food.

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Jerry Sauk > wrote:

> Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?
>
> <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird...con-Flavored-M
> ilkshake-138924184.html>

Just stir some salt and some liquid smoke into some vegetable oil and
drink it.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 20:43:43 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Jerry Sauk > wrote:
>
>> Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?
>>
>> <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird...con-Flavored-M
>> ilkshake-138924184.html>

>Just stir some salt and some liquid smoke into some vegetable oil and
>drink it.

***GAG***
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On 2/18/2012 4:43 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In >,
> Jerry > wrote:
>
>> Can somebody taste this and let me know how delicious it is?
>>
>> <http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird...con-Flavored-M
>> ilkshake-138924184.html>

> Just stir some salt and some liquid smoke into some vegetable oil and
> drink it.

It tastes like maple syrup and smoke and salt. It was OK. The guys at
JIB thought it was pretty funny when I ordered it. Sweet and salty seems
to be in these days. I had some spicy cheese popcorn that had some
caramel corn mixed in. That was pretty tasty. Good thing they didn't put
in any bacon in it.

I have made a pecan pie with bacon in it and that wasn't too bad. The
good thing about that is it keeps the kids from just scarfing the pie
down which gives me a chance to maybe get a second slice.