Member

Default Samosa

Ingredients
1. 2 boiled potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
2. 4 soft taco (tortilla)
3. 1 tsp chopped cilantro
4. 1 tsp garam masala
5. 1 tbsp oil, plus oil for frying (Deep Fry)
6. Water to make a paste
7. 1 tsp cumin seeds
8. 1 tsp red chili powder
9. 1 tablepoon vegetable oil
10. 1 tbsp all purpose flour
11. 1/4 up peas

Method of preparation:-

1 Heat oil in a pan and put in cumin seeds. When they crackle, add red chili powder, potatoes, peas and salt.
2 Mix well and then add garam masala and cilantro. Keep aside.
3 In a small bowl mix all purpose-flour, water and make a paste. Cut tortilla in half.
4 Fold it into triangle shape, place the potato filling in and stick the edges tightly with paste.
5 Heat oil in a frying pan. Carefully slip it into the hot oil. Fry until it becomes crispy and golden. Serve hot.

Thanks
123foodcourt.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I was pleased to find a genuinely useful food banter post, but I had a
question:

On Feb 9, 2:51*am, abdul > wrote:
> Ingredients
> 1. 2 boiled potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
> 2. 4 soft taco (tortilla)
> 3. 1 tsp chopped cilantro
> 4. 1 tsp garam masala
> 5. 1 tbsp oil, plus oil for frying (Deep Fry)
> 6. Water to make a paste
> 7. 1 tsp cumin seeds
> 8. 1 tsp red chili powder
> 9. 1 tablepoon vegetable oil
> 10. 1 tbsp all purpose flour
> 11. 1/4 up peas

Green peas or dried peas?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 9, 2:51 am, abdul > wrote:
> Ingredients
> 1. 2 boiled potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
> 2. 4 soft taco (tortilla)
> 3. 1 tsp chopped cilantro
> 4. 1 tsp garam masala
> 5. 1 tbsp oil, plus oil for frying (Deep Fry)
> 6. Water to make a paste
> 7. 1 tsp cumin seeds
> 8. 1 tsp red chili powder
> 9. 1 tablepoon vegetable oil
> 10. 1 tbsp all purpose flour
> 11. 1/4 up peas

Green peas or dried peas?

I would guess green peas. Also, why use a tortilla when samosa dough is so
easy to make? Don't forget to serve with chutney!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 13:13:37 -0500, "news" > wrote:

> I would guess green peas. Also, why use a tortilla when samosa dough is so
> easy to make? Don't forget to serve with chutney!

Ditto on the fresh/frozen peas. What is the green sauce they serve
with samosas called? The green part is some leaf that's been
blenderized and mixed into something white. That's all I can tell.
It doesn't taste like cilantro or mint, so I'm clueless.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/9/2012 2:33 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 13:13:37 -0500, > wrote:
>
>> I would guess green peas. Also, why use a tortilla when samosa dough is so
>> easy to make? Don't forget to serve with chutney!

> Ditto on the fresh/frozen peas. What is the green sauce they serve
> with samosas called? The green part is some leaf that's been
> blenderized and mixed into something white. That's all I can tell.
> It doesn't taste like cilantro or mint, so I'm clueless.

The two green Indian sauces that I remember are Mint Chutney and Green
Chili Chutney.

--
Jim Silverton

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 14:37:58 -0500, James Silverton
> wrote:

> On 2/9/2012 2:33 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 13:13:37 -0500, > wrote:
> >
> >> I would guess green peas. Also, why use a tortilla when samosa dough is so
> >> easy to make? Don't forget to serve with chutney!

> > Ditto on the fresh/frozen peas. What is the green sauce they serve
> > with samosas called? The green part is some leaf that's been
> > blenderized and mixed into something white. That's all I can tell.
> > It doesn't taste like cilantro or mint, so I'm clueless.
> >

> The two green Indian sauces that I remember are Mint Chutney and Green
> Chili Chutney.

Thanks, Jim. I swear it doesn't taste like mint or cilantro, but
googling samosas and green sauce - it's probably all three: mint,
cilantro and chili - in one sauce. I love the flavor!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 13:31:21 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 14:37:58 -0500, James Silverton
> wrote:

>> > Ditto on the fresh/frozen peas. What is the green sauce they serve
>> > with samosas called? The green part is some leaf that's been
>> > blenderized and mixed into something white. That's all I can tell.
>> > It doesn't taste like cilantro or mint, so I'm clueless.
>> >

>> The two green Indian sauces that I remember are Mint Chutney and Green
>> Chili Chutney.

>Thanks, Jim. I swear it doesn't taste like mint or cilantro, but
>googling samosas and green sauce - it's probably all three: mint,
>cilantro and chili - in one sauce. I love the flavor!

Raita. Can involve grated cucumber with the excess moisture wrung
out, mint and cilantro. I've also had a Pommegranate version which
was quite different but nice.

Regards
JonH
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Feb 9, 10:13*am, "news" > wrote:

> I would guess green peas. Also, why use a tortilla when samosa dough is so
> easy to make? Don't forget to serve with chutney!

from reading the recipe and the instructions it sounds like he used
the word "tortilla" to represent the samosa dough.

Banned

Location: bangladesh
Send a message via Skype™ to foodrecipes24
Talking

http://www.foodrecipes24.com/samosa-recipe "samosa recipe video tutorial"

samosa , is some time tough to give a proper shape .So while making samosa a video can be helpful .you can get get perfect video from youtube or the link I have given to this page .

Last edited by foodrecipes24 : 09-04-2012 at 05:27 AM

Samosa recipe? [email protected] Asian Cooking 5 04-03-2015 12:43 PM
samosa's what went wrong? BB[_3_] General Cooking 4 24-05-2009 01:07 PM
Samosa Receipe miljo123 Recipes 0 22-05-2009 03:04 AM
Vegetable Samosa [email protected] General Cooking 0 05-09-2005 11:11 PM
Cocktail Samosa Ronnie Rao General Cooking 0 10-10-2004 05:10 PM