Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Muesli Bars

Since I bought a case of this stuff, I'm looking for recipes. This
looks like a good breakfast bar to take on the go. It's cooking now and
if you're interested I'll let you know how they turn out when they cool
and I can cut them. Obviously I subbed the muesli mix for the first 8
ingredients.

Muesli Bars

1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of unsweetened desiccated coconut
1/3 cup of wheatgerm
1/4 cup of sesame seeds
1/2 cup of sunflower kernals
1/2 cup of raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup of dried, unsweetened cranberries
1/4 of flax seeds
100 grams of butter (just under 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup of honey
1/8 cup of brown sugar
Baking or waxed paper

Grease and line a square baking tin with baking paper. Set aside.

Cook the oats, coconut, wheatgerm, sesame seeds, sunflower kernels and
pumpkin seeds in a fry pan over low to medium heat, stirring
occasionally, for 8 minutes or until golden. Be careful not to burn the
mixture. Transfer to a metal bowl. Set aside to cool.

Stir in the cranberries and flax seeds.

Cook the butter, honey and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Stir constantly for for 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.

Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to low. Simmer, without stirring,
for 5 minutes. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients. Stir well until
combined.

Spoon the mixture into the tin. Use a large metal spoon to press the
mixture down firmly and evenly.

Allow to cool and then cut into squares or rectangles.

The bars can be stored in a foil-lined airtight container for up to a week.

http://australianfood.about.com/od/b...MuesliBars.htm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/4/2012 9:54 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> Since I bought a case of this stuff, I'm looking for recipes. This looks
> like a good breakfast bar to take on the go. It's cooking now and if
> you're interested I'll let you know how they turn out when they cool and
> I can cut them. Obviously I subbed the muesli mix for the first 8
> ingredients.
>

> Muesli Bars

> http://australianfood.about.com/od/b...MuesliBars.htm

Pics - I ate the crumbs that didn't stick and this is a good healthy
bar, even with the stick of butter. Divide the amount of butter by the
number of bars.

In the pan
http://i44.tinypic.com/2ckd1g.jpg

Cooling out of the pan
http://i43.tinypic.com/242vmg7.jpg

Cut
http://i44.tinypic.com/ff8rk7.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 00:13:47 -0500, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 2/4/2012 9:54 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>> Since I bought a case of this stuff, I'm looking for recipes. This looks
>> like a good breakfast bar to take on the go. It's cooking now and if
>> you're interested I'll let you know how they turn out when they cool and
>> I can cut them. Obviously I subbed the muesli mix for the first 8
>> ingredients.
>>
>> Muesli Bars
>> http://australianfood.about.com/od/b...MuesliBars.htm

>Pics - I ate the crumbs that didn't stick and this is a good healthy
>bar, even with the stick of butter. Divide the amount of butter by the
>number of bars.

That would depend on how many bars one eats at a sitting... I see no
reason the butter can't be omitted.

>In the pan
>http://i44.tinypic.com/2ckd1g.jpg
>Cooling out of the pan
>http://i43.tinypic.com/242vmg7.jpg
>Cut
>http://i44.tinypic.com/ff8rk7.jpg

Looks very good... which brand of muesilli did you buy?
Next batch add some chocolate chips.

Muesli? George Leppla General Cooking 18 29-04-2013 11:44 PM
muesli again Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 23 22-03-2012 04:57 PM
Healthy home made muesli bars ghella Recipes (moderated) 0 02-06-2010 11:30 PM
Muesli Tim Recipes 0 28-06-2005 01:06 AM
Muesli Gladys Dinletir Recipes (moderated) 0 23-01-2005 05:52 PM