Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lyle's Golden Syrup

I bought a bottle (half price sale, store going out). What's a good
thing to do with it?
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 02/02/2012 5:52 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I bought a bottle (half price sale, store going out). What's a good
> thing to do with it?

We used to have it on toast. It is great in butter tarts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

>I bought a bottle (half price sale, store going out). What's a good
>thing to do with it?

Did you pick up some butter biscuits, too?

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/20...e-biscuit-cake

My notes on that one are 'Sinfully Delicious'-

Otherwise use as honey to brush on baked goods, or drizzle on stuff.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 02/02/2012 6:17 PM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
> Melba's > wrote:
>
>> I bought a bottle (half price sale, store going out). What's a good
>> thing to do with it?

> Did you pick up some butter biscuits, too?
>
> http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/20...e-biscuit-cake
>
> My notes on that one are 'Sinfully Delicious'-
>
> Otherwise use as honey to brush on baked goods, or drizzle on stuff.

Holy crap. There's almost two and a half pounds of chocolate in that recipe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote in news:_BEWq.114889
:

> It is great in butter tarts.

Don't taunt the neighbours. :-)

--

If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn’t
help the poor, either we’ve got to pretend that Jesus

Stephen Colbert (via videcormeum)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote in
.com:

> Holy crap. There's almost two and a half pounds of chocolate
> in that recipe.

Speaking of chocolate, my wife came across this, a recioe for Baked
Hot Chocolate (odd, considering the source). I am tempted to make
it seeing as the temperatures will not be dreadful and Wiarton
Willie has promised an early spring.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...04577178860951
365048.html?mod=WSJ_hp_mostpop_read

http://tinyurl.com/7vn2qc7

--

If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn’t
help the poor, either we’ve got to pretend that Jesus
was just as selfish as we are, or we’ve got to acknowledge
that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy
without condition, and then admit that we just don’t
want to do it.

Stephen Colbert (via videcormeum)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 18:46:28 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 02/02/2012 6:17 PM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
>> Melba's > wrote:
>>
>>> I bought a bottle (half price sale, store going out). What's a good
>>> thing to do with it?

>> Did you pick up some butter biscuits, too?
>>
>> http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/20...e-biscuit-cake
>>
>> My notes on that one are 'Sinfully Delicious'-
>>
>> Otherwise use as honey to brush on baked goods, or drizzle on stuff.
>>

>Holy crap. There's almost two and a half pounds of chocolate in that recipe.

Yeah, but the pound of butter takes the edge off it.<g>

I said it was sinfull. . .

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>I bought a bottle (half price sale, store going out).

Comes in a bottle now... I've always seen it in a tin.

>What's a good thing to do with it?

Cinnamon raisin French toast, buttered and drizzled.
Excellent on waffles with 'nilla ice cream.
Pretty good on hot oatmeal.
Anything you'd use honey.
Naturally I have XXXX recipes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 2, 5:52 pm, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> I bought a bottle (half price sale, store going out). What's a good
> thing to do with it?

Scottish chocolate caramel shortbread, along the lines of this:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/P...&Servings =16

To die for.

--
Silvar Beitel

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> I bought a bottle (half price sale, store going out). What's a good
> thing to do with it?

As Dave and Michel hinted, look for Canadian and British recipes.

I thought about picking up a bottle of Lyle's for my brother (also named
Lyle) years ago, but thought better of it. He had type 2 diabetes and a
hellacious sweet tooth.

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 2, 2012 5:52:49 PM UTC-5, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I bought a bottle (half price sale, store going out). What's a good
> thing to do with it?

I've had it over pancakes. I prefer it there to Karo, but it isn't up to maple.

jerry
--
"I view the progress of science as being the slow erosion of the
tendency to dichotomize." Barbara Smuts, U. Mich.