Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default LA Area Foodies - Meet Anthony Bourdain...

....and bring your checkbook!

Anthony Bourdain will be at the Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center
at College of the Canyons on February 9. If you're a SoCal foodie and
would like listen to his lecture and attend the reception and book
signing, you will have to cogh up a mere $55 - $85 for the lecture and
$75 for the reception and book signing. Seriously??

http://www.performingartslive.com/Ev...n-762011152639

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 26, 1:12*pm, Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:
> ...and bring your checkbook!
>
> Anthony Bourdain will be at the Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center
> at College of the Canyons on February 9. If you're a SoCal foodie and
> would like listen to his lecture and attend the reception and book
> signing, you will have to cogh up a mere $55 - $85 for the lecture and
> $75 for the reception and book signing. *Seriously??
>
> http://www.performingartslive.com/Ev...ith-Anthony-Bo...
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
>
> --
>
> To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"

I wouldn't pay to see that dork. He's not worth $5, let alone $55...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/26/2012 1:30 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:12:10 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>
>> ...and bring your checkbook!
>>
>> Anthony Bourdain will be at the Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center
>> at College of the Canyons on February 9. If you're a SoCal foodie and
>> would like listen to his lecture and attend the reception and book
>> signing, you will have to cogh up a mere $55 - $85 for the lecture and
>> $75 for the reception and book signing. Seriously??

> Wouldn't mind being Anthony's pimp. Maybe he should hire Sarah
> Ferguson (The Duchess of Pimps).

Fergie is The Duchess of Pork.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/26/2012 4:06 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:59:28 -0700, Pennyaline wrote:

>>> Wouldn't mind being Anthony's pimp. Maybe he should hire Sarah
>>> Ferguson (The Duchess of Pimps).

>> Fergie is The Duchess of Pork.

> Whoosh.
>
> She also pimps out her ex-husband
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah,_...ash_for_Access

Whoosh what, that the joke lives only inside your own head??

She doesn't pimp. She gets pimped. She's been pimped out regularly since
before she married into that family. The Prince Andrew thing is really
quite old news by now, and if ol' Andrew is getting pimped out
successfully, it's with his consent, I guarantee!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/26/2012 8:24 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Damn, what a narcissist you are.
>
> The Dutchess of Pork "joke" is much, much older than her pimping out
> her ex-husband. And yes, I did use the RIGHT term somebody who sells
> access to somebody else is a pimp. The action is known as pimping.

Yeah, like most people, I know what "pimp" and "pimping" mean. And trust
me, if Andy is being pimped out, it's with his consent.

> I'm not even the only one who used the same term:
>
> http://www.urbanswirl.com/news/world...s-of-pimp.html

No kidding? That must be what makes you so special, huh?

> Give. It. Up. Lady! Sheesh!

Give. Up. What?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/26/2012 10:50 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 21:31:34 -0700, Pennyaline wrote:
>
>> On 1/26/2012 8:24 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Damn, what a narcissist you are.
>>>
>>> The Dutchess of Pork "joke" is much, much older than her pimping out
>>> her ex-husband. And yes, I did use the RIGHT term somebody who sells
>>> access to somebody else is a pimp. The action is known as pimping.

>> Yeah, like most people, I know what "pimp" and "pimping" mean.

> It sure wasn't obvious by what you said earlier and what you just
> conveniently snipped.

No, I'm pretty sure that it is obvious. And anyone who wants to see what
was "conveniently snipped" doesn't have far to go to look back a post or
two in the thread and see what's there.

>> And trust me, if Andy is being pimped out, it's with his consent.

> Who said anything about pimping does not implying consent? Otherwise
> it would be known as "slavery". Duh.

"Who said anything about pimping does not implying consent"? What? What
does that mean.

> You on a first name bassi with Andrew? "That must be what makes you
> so special, huh?"
>
> I firmly believe you have mental issues.

Well, we all know from the not so distant past how wrong you can be,
don't we?

> Stop humping my leg and
> making it so obvious.

The only one leg-humping in this thread is you, boss.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 23:40:21 -0700, Pennyaline wrote:

>>> It sure wasn't obvious by what you said earlier and what you just
>>> conveniently snipped.

>> No, I'm pretty sure that it is obvious. And anyone who wants to see what
>> was "conveniently snipped" doesn't have far to go to look back a post or
>> two in the thread and see what's there.

>>> Who said anything about pimping does not implying consent? Otherwise
>>> it would be known as "slavery". Duh.

>> "Who said anything about pimping does not implying consent"? What? What
>> does that mean.
>>
>>> You on a first name bassi with Andrew? "That must be what makes you
>>> so special, huh?"
>>>
>>> I firmly believe you have mental issues.

>> Well, we all know from the not so distant past how wrong you can be,
>> don't we?
>>
>>> Stop humping my leg and
>>> making it so obvious.

>> The only one leg-humping in this thread is you, boss.

> Yeah - go ahead claim your false victory a few times and make more
> references to imaginary events, just like you always do.
>
> In the meantime several of us are discussing your cuckoo clock always
> striking 12:noon several times a day in another venue. You're quite
> alone on this one, but narcissists are used to that as long they
> convince THEMSELVES they are right.
>
> There's no need to respond. But knock yourself anyway (preferably
> with a crow bar).
>
> -sw

Am I to understand that some posters in this group are so worried about
other posters that they go off to "another venue" to discuss other posters?
I can understand this if its a coffee shop that serves good coffee and cake
otherwise I think it is rather sad.

Mike