Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Overcooked broccoli? don't throw it out, here's a remedy.

On 1/15/2012 3:48 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> This sounds horrendous till you think about it. I'm going to
> overcook some broccoli on purpose.
>
> http://food52.com/blog/2860_roy_fina...cooked_forever

Looks good. Not exactly the same end result, but I purposely overcooked
broccoli last night along with a big sliced up carrot. Sauteed a medium
onion along with fresh thyme and 3 large garlic cloves in butter and
olive oil. Added flour and when it started to cook, I added 2 cups of
chicken broth, then 3/4 cup low fat milk/half and half combo to simmer,
then added back the broccoli and carrots. Simmered for a while longer,
then pureed with immersion blender to make a creamed broccoli soup, then
added cheddar and a couple of slices of swiss. Very tasty and easy on
my painful dental surgery.