FoodBanter.com

-   -   Overcooked broccoli? don't throw it out, here's a remedy. (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/414936-re-overcooked-broccoli-dont.html)

Bob Terwilliger[_1_] 19-01-2012 05:45 AM

Sitara wrote:

> This sounds horrendous till you think about it. I'm going to
> overcook some broccoli on purpose.
>
> http://food52.com/blog/2860_roy_fina...cooked_forever

I'm glad the article mentioned Nancy Silverton; that's where I learned about
long-cooked broccoli. Silverton makes an open-faced sandwich with
soft-scrambled eggs, long-cooked broccoli, and feta. It's a very good
recipe.

Bob

sf[_9_] 19-01-2012 05:12 PM

Overcooked broccoli? don't throw it out, here's a remedy.

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 04:25:59 -0800, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

> And I learned about long cooked broccoli from Marcella Hazan's books.
> I think it is in either her 1st or 2nd book. This was way back when
> her books first came out...

I think everyone knows about overcooked broccoli and tries to avoid
it. I've over cooked broccoli in that manner, but not on purpose, and
I'd rater not.

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/