Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meat Ravioli in Spicy Sage Butter Sauce

Last night I made some awesome ravioli using mostly leftovers and won
ton wrappers.
Or shall I say, I made an awesome, ravioli like, dish using mostly
leftovers and won ton wrappers. ;-)

Here's what I did
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ter-sauce.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/73rlw82

I used Giada De Laurentiis's sauce.
the sauce is outfreakingstanding!!!!

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Ravioli With Spicy Sage Butter

sauces/dips

1 pound ricotta and spinach ravioli
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter; room temperature
16 fresh sage leaves, chopped
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 cup grated pecorino romano

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the
ravioli
and boil gently, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Drain and place
in
a serving bowl.

In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sage,
paprika, and pepper flakes. Cook until the butter sizzles and begins
to brown, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in
the salt.
Pour the butter sauce over the pasta and gently toss until coated.
Sprinkle with cheese and serve.

Prep Time:6 min
Inactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time:5 min
Level: Easy

Notes: Giada De Laurentiis

Yield: 4 servings

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Looks good enought to eat !!!!! I love butter sauces with ravioli.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 16, 12:30*pm, wrote:
> Last night I made some awesome ravioli using mostly leftovers and won
> ton wrappers.
> Or shall I say, I made an awesome, ravioli like, dish using mostly
> leftovers and won ton wrappers. ;-)
>
> Here's what I didhttp://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycorner/2012/01/meat-ravioli-in-a-spi...
>
> orhttp://tinyurl.com/73rlw82
>
> I used Giada De Laurentiis's sauce.
> the sauce is outfreakingstanding!!!!
>
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Ravioli With Spicy Sage Butter
>
> sauces/dips
>
> 1 pound ricotta and spinach ravioli
> 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter; room temperature
> 16 fresh sage leaves, chopped
> 1/2 teaspoon paprika
> 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
> 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
> 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano
>
> Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the
> ravioli
> and boil gently, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Drain and place
> in
> a serving bowl.
>
> In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sage,
> paprika, and pepper flakes. Cook until the butter sizzles and begins
> to brown, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in
> the salt.
> Pour the butter sauce over the pasta and gently toss until coated.
> Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
>
> Prep Time:6 min
> Inactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time:5 min
> Level: Easy
>
> Notes: *Giada De Laurentiis
>
> Yield: 4 servings
>
> ** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.87 **
>
> koko
> --
> Food is our common ground, a universal experience
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * James Beard
>
> www.kokoscornerblog.com
>
> Natural Watkins Spiceswww.apinchofspices.com

That sounds good! I'll try it when the sage comes in in the spring.

I ask not to start an argument, but because you're likely to have a
sensible answer: why kosher salt? The difference between kosher salt
and table salt is the shape of the grains. Once the salt is dissolved,
that difference vanishes. All salt is kosher.

To be kosher, meat that is not broiled must be coated with salt and
left to stand while the "blood" is drawn out, before it is cooked.
Salt in flake form is much easier to use for that, hence "kosher"
salt. It should properly be called "koshering salt", but it's not.
((We don't say "iced cream" or "popped corn" either.)

Jerry
--
"The rights of the best of men are secured only as the
rights of the vilest and most abhorrent are protected."

Braised Beef Ravioli with a Butter Sage Sauce [email protected] General Cooking 6 11-01-2013 01:03 PM
That Spicy Meat Sauce Janet Diabetic 1 13-02-2011 09:15 PM
Pumpkin Chitarra Pasta with Brown Butter Sage Sauce [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 01-11-2006 11:05 AM
Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Sage Sauce Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-08-2005 01:41 PM
Sweet-Potato Ravioli w/Sage Butter Sauce Cindy Recipes 0 28-04-2004 02:42 AM