FoodBanter.com

-   -   Overcooked broccoli? don't throw it out, here's a remedy. (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/414847-re-overcooked-broccoli-dont.html)

Dave Smith[_1_] 15-01-2012 09:04 PM

On 15/01/2012 3:48 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> This sounds horrendous till you think about it. I'm going to
> overcook some broccoli on purpose.
>
> http://food52.com/blog/2860_roy_fina...cooked_forever

That is an interesting idea. I remember having dinner at friends house
and being served broccoli tossed with olive oil, garlic and chopped
olives. It was delicious.

John Kuthe[_3_] 15-01-2012 09:25 PM

On Jan 15, 3:04*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 15/01/2012 3:48 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
>
> > This sounds horrendous till you think about it. * *I'm going to
> > overcook some broccoli on purpose.

> >http://food52.com/blog/2860_roy_fina...cooked_forever

> That is an interesting idea. I remember having dinner at friends house
> and being served broccoli tossed with olive oil, garlic and chopped
> olives. It was delicious.

Just about anything with enough olive oil and garlic ceases to be
anything except "it" and olive oil + garlic!

I was sauteing some chopped onions/garlic in EVOO as the precursor for
something I was gonna cook and a housemate came in the kitchen and
asked what I was cooking cause "it smelled so good!" I told him,
"Well, just onion and garlic so far..."!

John Kuthe...