FoodBanter.com

-   -   my little chocolate flavored snackie (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/414780-my-little-chocolate-flavored.html)

Bryan[_6_] 12-01-2012 06:49 PM

my little chocolate flavored snackie

Melt 1 t of coconut oil in a ramekin, and stir in 2 t of good Dutched
cocoa. Stir in a drop or two of vanilla extract, and 3-4 drops of
liquid sucralose. Them add 1 t of heavy cream and stir that in. Eat
very slowly.

--Bryan

John Kuthe[_3_] 12-01-2012 07:32 PM

On Jan 12, 11:49*am, Bryan > wrote:
> Melt 1 t of coconut oil in a ramekin, and stir in 2 t of good Dutched
> cocoa. Stir in a drop or two of vanilla extract, and 3-4 drops of
> liquid sucralose. *Them add 1 t of heavy cream and stir that in. *Eat
> very slowly.
>
> --Bryan

Another example of obsessive micromanaging.

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe[_3_] 12-01-2012 08:28 PM

On Jan 12, 12:32*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Jan 12, 11:49*am, Bryan > wrote:
>
> > Melt 1 t of coconut oil in a ramekin, and stir in 2 t of good Dutched
> > cocoa. Stir in a drop or two of vanilla extract, and 3-4 drops of
> > liquid sucralose. *Them add 1 t of heavy cream and stir that in. *Eat
> > very slowly.

> > --Bryan

> Another example of obsessive micromanaging.
>
> John Kuthe...

And EWWW! You mixed cocoa with anything but cocoa butter??!!

FAKE chocolate!!!

;-)

John Kuthe...

Felice 12-01-2012 08:28 PM

"Bryan" > wrote in message

> Melt 1 t of coconut oil in a ramekin, and stir in 2 t of good
> Dutched
> cocoa. Stir in a drop or two of vanilla extract, and 3-4 drops of
> liquid sucralose. Them add 1 t of heavy cream and stir that in.
> Eat
> very slowly.
>
> --Bryan

You just went down another notch on my Nutty Scale. This sounds like
a great late-night snack (but, of course, I'll use sugar).

Felice

John Kuthe[_3_] 12-01-2012 09:00 PM

On Jan 12, 1:28*pm, "Felice" > wrote:
> "Bryan" > wrote in message
>

> > Melt 1 t of coconut oil in a ramekin, and stir in 2 t of good
> > Dutched
> > cocoa. Stir in a drop or two of vanilla extract, and 3-4 drops of
> > liquid sucralose. *Them add 1 t of heavy cream and stir that in.
> > Eat
> > very slowly.

> > --Bryan

> You just went down another *notch on my Nutty Scale. This sounds like
> a great late-night snack (but, of course, I'll use sugar).
>
> Felice

I was in the grocery store yesterday and a man with his young son
asked his son which kind of syrup they should buy and he wisely
verbally listed several kinds including maple syrup. The son who was
about 2 or 3 picked maple, and I interjected "Good choice!" and in
briefly talking with the father about maple syrup told him how I used
to keep a bottle in my kitchen and would sometimes just take a small
"swig" as liquid candy! The father agreed that yes, maple syrup is
very yummy (my words).

Bryan was just making a little chocolate syrup. His own custom heart
healthy CVD minimizing FAKE chocolate syrup. Like that much would
cause you to "throw a clot" and have an MI or a stroke!!!

;-)

John Kuthe...

Reminds me of this cartoon I saw once of this obviously VERY old man,
all wrinkled up and hunched over sitting up on the doctor's examining
table and the doctor sitting on his little stool reading a chart and
he says to the man "You know all that healthy living you did to
prolong your life another 10 years? Well, these are those 10 years!"

DOH!! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Bryan[_6_] 12-01-2012 09:10 PM

On Jan 12, 1:28*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Jan 12, 12:32*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > On Jan 12, 11:49*am, Bryan > wrote:

> > > Melt 1 t of coconut oil in a ramekin, and stir in 2 t of good Dutched
> > > cocoa. Stir in a drop or two of vanilla extract, and 3-4 drops of
> > > liquid sucralose. *Them add 1 t of heavy cream and stir that in. *Eat
> > > very slowly.

> > > --Bryan

> > Another example of obsessive micromanaging.

> > John Kuthe...

> And EWWW! You mixed cocoa with anything but cocoa butter??!!
>
> FAKE chocolate!!!

I didn't call it chocolate, but "chocolate flavored," and it was mixed
with cream and virgin coconut oil, not hydrogenated garbage. Cocoa
butter would have been even nicer.

> ;-)
>
> John Kuthe...

--Bryan

Bryan[_6_] 12-01-2012 09:11 PM

On Jan 12, 1:28*pm, "Felice" > wrote:
> "Bryan" > wrote in message
>

> > Melt 1 t of coconut oil in a ramekin, and stir in 2 t of good
> > Dutched
> > cocoa. Stir in a drop or two of vanilla extract, and 3-4 drops of
> > liquid sucralose. *Them add 1 t of heavy cream and stir that in.
> > Eat
> > very slowly.

> > --Bryan

> You just went down another *notch on my Nutty Scale. This sounds like
> a great late-night snack (but, of course, I'll use sugar).

I'd use confectioner's sugar because the sugar won't dissolve, and you
don't want it to be gritty.

> Felice

--Bryan

John Kuthe[_3_] 12-01-2012 09:13 PM

On Jan 12, 2:10*pm, Bryan > wrote:
> On Jan 12, 1:28*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > > Another example of obsessive micromanaging.

> > > John Kuthe...

> > And EWWW! You mixed cocoa with anything but cocoa butter??!!

> > FAKE chocolate!!!

> I didn't call it chocolate, but "chocolate flavored," and it was mixed
> with cream and virgin coconut oil, not hydrogenated garbage. *Cocoa
> butter would have been even nicer.
>

> > ;-)

> > John Kuthe...

> --Bryan

It was FAKE chocolate, the same as the "compound coating" I use to
enrobe most of my Christmas candy is FAKE chocolate. And thus just as
unacceptably disgusting as you go on about the FAKE chocolate I use
is!!

John Kuthe...

ImStillMags 12-01-2012 09:52 PM

On Jan 12, 9:49*am, Bryan > wrote:
> Melt 1 t of coconut oil in a ramekin, and stir in 2 t of good Dutched
> cocoa. Stir in a drop or two of vanilla extract, and 3-4 drops of
> liquid sucralose. *Them add 1 t of heavy cream and stir that in. *Eat
> very slowly.
>
> --Bryan

Hey Bryan.....check this out. Decadent, delicious, easy peasey.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/decad...#axzz1jHNkRr97

Bryan[_6_] 12-01-2012 10:13 PM

On Jan 12, 2:52*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Jan 12, 9:49*am, Bryan > wrote:
>
> > Melt 1 t of coconut oil in a ramekin, and stir in 2 t of good Dutched
> > cocoa. Stir in a drop or two of vanilla extract, and 3-4 drops of
> > liquid sucralose. *Them add 1 t of heavy cream and stir that in. *Eat
> > very slowly.

> > --Bryan

> Hey Bryan.....check this out. * *Decadent, delicious, easy peasey.
>
> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/decad...ipped-cream-wi...

I've made that enough times, only w/o the coconut. It's nice to add
some Chambord liqueur to the whipped cream (and a couple drops of
liquid sucralose).

--Bryan

John Kuthe[_3_] 12-01-2012 10:20 PM

On Jan 12, 3:13*pm, Bryan > wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2:52*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > On Jan 12, 9:49*am, Bryan > wrote:

> > > Melt 1 t of coconut oil in a ramekin, and stir in 2 t of good Dutched
> > > cocoa. Stir in a drop or two of vanilla extract, and 3-4 drops of
> > > liquid sucralose. *Them add 1 t of heavy cream and stir that in. *Eat
> > > very slowly.

> > > --Bryan

> > Hey Bryan.....check this out. * *Decadent, delicious, easy peasey.

> >http://www.marksdailyapple.com/decad...ipped-cream-wi...

> I've made that enough times, only w/o the coconut. *It's nice to add
> some Chambord liqueur to the whipped cream (and a couple drops of
> liquid sucralose).
>
> --Bryan

Without the coconut? You mean you made it with whipped cream?

I used to make a similar dessert thing out of slices of pound cake
laid flat on a plate and drizzled with Chambord, slathered in various
berries, topped with whipped cream (Reddi Whip! It's REAL whipped
cream!) and then drizzled with Hershey's syrup! YUM!!!

John Kuthe...

ImStillMags 12-01-2012 11:41 PM

On Jan 12, 1:13*pm, Bryan > wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2:52*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > On Jan 12, 9:49*am, Bryan > wrote:

> > > Melt 1 t of coconut oil in a ramekin, and stir in 2 t of good Dutched
> > > cocoa. Stir in a drop or two of vanilla extract, and 3-4 drops of
> > > liquid sucralose. *Them add 1 t of heavy cream and stir that in. *Eat
> > > very slowly.

> > > --Bryan

> > Hey Bryan.....check this out. * *Decadent, delicious, easy peasey.

> >http://www.marksdailyapple.com/decad...ipped-cream-wi...

> I've made that enough times, only w/o the coconut. *It's nice to add
> some Chambord liqueur to the whipped cream (and a couple drops of
> liquid sucralose).
>
> --Bryan

The thing about using the coconut cream instead of whipping cream is
that you avoid the dairy.....if you want to avoid the dairy.
It's delicious.

Bryan[_6_] 12-01-2012 11:51 PM

On Jan 12, 4:41*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Jan 12, 1:13*pm, Bryan > wrote:

> > > Hey Bryan.....check this out. * *Decadent, delicious, easy peasey..

> > >http://www.marksdailyapple.com/decad...ipped-cream-wi....

> > I've made that enough times, only w/o the coconut. *It's nice to add
> > some Chambord liqueur to the whipped cream (and a couple drops of
> > liquid sucralose).

> > --Bryan

> The thing about using the coconut cream instead of whipping cream is
> that you avoid the dairy.....if you want to avoid the dairy.
> It's delicious.

Why would I want to avoid dairy? The single item that I miss the most
is milk.

--Bryan

John Kuthe[_3_] 13-01-2012 05:09 AM

On Jan 12, 9:58*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:49:28 -0800 (PST), Bryan wrote:
> > Melt 1 t of coconut oil in a ramekin, and stir in 2 t of good Dutched
> > cocoa. Stir in a drop or two of vanilla extract, and 3-4 drops of
> > liquid sucralose. *Them add 1 t of heavy cream and stir that in. *Eat
> > very slowly.

> How else can you eat slightly more than a tablespoon of anything other
> than very quickly? Even if I did think it worthwhile to under-take
> such a task in the first place?
>
> -sw

Bryan is obsessive. He could easily eat it a milliliter at a time.

John Kuthe...