Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Jethro Tull : A Christmas Song

(I've loved Jethro Tull since the early 1970's. Saw them twice live in the
80's when they toured with Fairport Convention).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibz4xAejos

Once in Royal David's City stood a lonely cattle shed,
Where a mother held her baby.
You'd do well to remember the things He later said.
When you're stuffing yourselves at the Christmas parties,
You'll just laugh when I tell you to take a running jump.
You're missing the point I'm sure does not need making
That Christmas spirit is not what you drink.

So how can you laugh when your own mother's hungry,
And how can you smile when the reasons for smiling are wrong?
And if I just messed up your thoughtless pleasures,
Remember, if you wish, this is just a Christmas song.

(Hey! Santa! Pass us that bottle, will you?)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 23:06:45 -0500, "news" > wrote:

>(I've loved Jethro Tull since the early 1970's. Saw them twice live in the
>80's when they toured with Fairport Convention).

They still tour the US every year -- I've seen them (or Ian Anderson by himself)
every year since 1972.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 30, 9:03*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 23:06:45 -0500, news wrote:
> > (I've loved Jethro Tull since the early 1970's.\

> Who the herllcares what groups/songs you like, ****nut? *I havenm't
> been here for almost a week and every ****ing post is OT by sone
> self-centered shitheads.
>
> -sw

From the looks of your spelling, you must be at least half drunk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo the Clown wrote:

> On Dec 30, 9:03 am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 23:06:45 -0500, news wrote:
> > > (I've loved Jethro Tull since the early 1970's.\

> > Who the herllcares what groups/songs you like, ****nut? I havenm't
> > been here for almost a week and every ****ing post is OT by sone
> > self-centered shitheads.
> >
> > -sw

> From the looks of your spelling, you must be at least half drunk.

Jethro Tull's "Benefit" album was the best, imo.