Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default at the grocery today

Yep, rolled buggy, and the kielbasa and sauerkraut all laid out in the
bins. I guess it's time for the new years meal. I don't have any particular
way to make it except try to do it like parents did. Any good tips?

I use the potatoes, pork ribs, caraway seeds, a few dogs, cut apple.
I read about using pickling spices and even brown sugar. I don't want to
over do it.
it will be slow cooked in pot in oven, with lid.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gregz > wrote:
> Yep, rolled buggy, and the kielbasa and sauerkraut all laid out in the
> bins. I guess it's time for the new years meal. I don't have any particular
> way to make it except try to do it like parents did. Any good tips?
>
> I use the potatoes, pork ribs, caraway seeds, a few dogs, cut apple.
> I read about using pickling spices and even brown sugar. I don't want to
> over do it.
> it will be slow cooked in pot in oven, with lid.
>
> Greg

I just wanted to add. We never tried browning meat first. I don't know what
that would do, as I'm very satisfied with with the way mother did it. Not
sure about oven temperature for a 5-6 hour cook.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gregz > wrote:
> Yep, rolled buggy, and the kielbasa and sauerkraut all laid out in the
> bins. I guess it's time for the new years meal. I don't have any particular
> way to make it except try to do it like parents did. Any good tips?
>
> I use the potatoes, pork ribs, caraway seeds, a few dogs, cut apple.
> I read about using pickling spices and even brown sugar. I don't want to
> over do it.
> it will be slow cooked in pot in oven, with lid.
>
> Greg

Hmm pears?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 29, 6:01*pm, gregz > wrote:
> Yep, rolled buggy, and the kielbasa and sauerkraut all laid out in the
> bins. I guess it's time for the new years meal. I don't have any particular
> way to make it except try to do it like parents did. Any good tips?
>
> I use the potatoes, pork ribs, caraway seeds, a few dogs, cut apple.
> I read about using pickling spices and even brown sugar. I don't want to
> over do it.
> it will be slow cooked in pot in oven, with lid.
>
> Greg

Sounds good to me!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gregz > wrote:
> gregz > wrote:
>> Yep, rolled buggy, and the kielbasa and sauerkraut all laid out in the
>> bins. I guess it's time for the new years meal. I don't have any particular
>> way to make it except try to do it like parents did. Any good tips?
>>
>> I use the potatoes, pork ribs, caraway seeds, a few dogs, cut apple.
>> I read about using pickling spices and even brown sugar. I don't want to
>> over do it.
>> it will be slow cooked in pot in oven, with lid.
>>
>> Greg

> Hmm pears?

That being said, the house smells wonderful, for the traditional new years
meal. I got my buns and mustard ready.

I didn't use pears.

Greg