Old 24-12-2011, 06:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Integrating bacon into a healthy lifestyle?

I love the smell of bacon. It helps me to focus my thoughts, and remember
stuff. But I don't want to cook/eat it every day.

What are some things that I could do to integrate the smell of bacon into my
healthy lifestyle?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Old 24-12-2011, 06:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." wrote in message
I love the smell of bacon. It helps me to focus my thoughts, and remember
stuff. But I don't want to cook/eat it every day.

What are some things that I could do to integrate the smell of bacon into
my healthy lifestyle?

the smell? Just smell it. Go for a brisk walk and smell it cooking at a
restaurant. Strap on some bacon and smell it as you are pursued by a pack
of wild dogs.

I am not sure I understand the question.

Old 24-12-2011, 06:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pico Rico" wrote in message

"Christopher M." wrote in message
I love the smell of bacon. It helps me to focus my thoughts, and remember
stuff. But I don't want to cook/eat it every day.

What are some things that I could do to integrate the smell of bacon into
my healthy lifestyle?

the smell? Just smell it. Go for a brisk walk and smell it cooking at a
restaurant. Strap on some bacon and smell it as you are pursued by a pack
of wild dogs.

I am not sure I understand the question.

Google needs to start making some smell maps.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Old 24-12-2011, 08:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/24/2011 11:58 AM, Christopher M. wrote:
"Pico wrote in message

"Christopher wrote in message
I love the smell of bacon. It helps me to focus my thoughts, and remember
stuff. But I don't want to cook/eat it every day.

What are some things that I could do to integrate the smell of bacon into
my healthy lifestyle?

the smell? Just smell it. Go for a brisk walk and smell it cooking at a
restaurant. Strap on some bacon and smell it as you are pursued by a pack
of wild dogs.

I am not sure I understand the question.

Google needs to start making some smell maps.

Horse feathers! Do it yourself! Hang it on and take it wherever you go.

http://tinyurl.com/7gqgdn3
Old 24-12-2011, 08:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 24, 10:51*am, "Christopher M."
wrote:
I love the smell of bacon. It helps me to focus my thoughts, and remember
stuff. But I don't want to cook/eat it every day.

What are some things that I could do to integrate the smell of bacon into my
healthy lifestyle?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Make a bunch of it and just stuff your pockets with it.

Old 24-12-2011, 08:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." wrote:

Google needs to start making some smell maps.

Didn't Bucky Katt already do this?
Old 24-12-2011, 10:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Christopher M." wrote:

I love the smell of bacon. It helps me to focus my thoughts, and remember
stuff. But I don't want to cook/eat it every day.

What are some things that I could do to integrate the smell of bacon into my
healthy lifestyle?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Check out Archie McPhee (mcphee.com). This is a great novelty store in
Seattle that has numerous bacon-themed items, such as bacon-flavored
dental floss.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

Old 24-12-2011, 11:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Christopher M." wrote:

I love the smell of bacon. It helps me to focus my thoughts, and remember
stuff. But I don't want to cook/eat it every day.

What are some things that I could do to integrate the smell of bacon into my
healthy lifestyle?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

well there is bacon flavored vodka and bacon flavored personal lubricant.

it's fun alternating between the two
Old 24-12-2011, 11:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 24, 12:51*pm, "Christopher M."
wrote:
I love the smell of bacon. It helps me to focus my thoughts, and remember
stuff. But I don't want to cook/eat it every day.

What are some things that I could do to integrate the smell of bacon into my
healthy lifestyle?

Bacon is healthy to begin with. Pork fat is EXTREMELY low in myristic
acid, and the palmitic acid is balanced out by a good portion of
linoleic acid.

-------
According to the World Health Organization, evidence is "convincing"
that consumption of palmitic acid increases risk of developing
cardiovascular diseases, placing it in the same evidence category as
trans fatty acids. The report does not cite any studies that actually
found a link between palmitic acid intake and patient outcomes.[9]
Another study showed that palmitic acid has no hypercholesterolaemic
effect if intake of linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid, is greater
than 4.5% of energy. On the other hand, it was shown that, if the diet
contains trans fatty acids, the health effects are negative, causing
an LDL cholesterol increase and HDL cholesterol decrease.
source-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmitic_acid
--------

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

--Bryan

Old 25-12-2011, 02:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Fuller" wrote in message
"Christopher M." wrote:

I love the smell of bacon. It helps me to focus my thoughts, and remember
stuff. But I don't want to cook/eat it every day.

What are some things that I could do to integrate the smell of bacon into
my
healthy lifestyle?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Check out Archie McPhee (mcphee.com). This is a great novelty store in
Seattle that has numerous bacon-themed items, such as bacon-flavored
dental floss.

Cindy

I think I saw that on television. Thanks.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Old 25-12-2011, 03:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
I love the smell of bacon. It helps me to focus my thoughts, and
remember
stuff. But I don't want to cook/eat it every day.

What are some things that I could do to integrate the smell of bacon
into my
healthy lifestyle?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Make a bunch of it and just stuff your pockets with it.

Or make one of those woven leather belts from bacon.

I guess that would give me a chance to test my self-defense skills against
dogs. Thanks.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Old 25-12-2011, 03:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"l, not -l" wrote in message

On 24-Dec-2011, "Christopher M." wrote:

I love the smell of bacon. It helps me to focus my thoughts, and remember
stuff. But I don't want to cook/eat it every day.

What are some things that I could do to integrate the smell of bacon into
my
healthy lifestyle?

Save the rendered fat from cooked bacon and use it in cooking other
things;
a little bit of bacon fat goes a long way in adding flavor and aroma.

I saw some Brits dipping vegetables in lard once. I tried it myself. Pretty
bland. Maybe I need salt?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Old 25-12-2011, 03:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/24/11 1:51 PM, Christopher M. wrote:
I love the smell of bacon. It helps me to focus my thoughts, and remember
stuff. But I don't want to cook/eat it every day.

What are some things that I could do to integrate the smell of bacon into my
healthy lifestyle?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Is this a serious question??
Obviously the answer is cook some bacon and then toss it out uneaten. Geesh.