FoodBanter.com

-   -   I tried the BK fries too. (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/414204-i-tried-bk-fries.html)

Julie Bove[_2_] 23-12-2011 06:55 AM

I tried the BK fries too.

And yuck. They have the taste of a steak fry but they are too small. Fail.
My parents wouldn't eat theirs at all beyond the first bite. My daughter
likes them but then she likes fries that aren't crispy.

Julie Bove[_2_] 23-12-2011 11:15 AM

I tried the BK fries too.

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> And yuck. They have the taste of a steak fry but they are too small.
>> Fail. My parents wouldn't eat theirs at all beyond the first bite. My
>> daughter likes them but then she likes fries that aren't crispy.

> Julie,
>
> Did they go limp as fast as the skinny kind?
>
> I couldn't bring myself to try them.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Three orders were very limp. Not overly greasy, but limp. My daughter said
hers were crisp and she prefers them to be limp. BK has never been a
favorite place of mine but we had gone to another city to donate some
things. Mainly her outgrown clothes. It took us nearly 2 hours to go about
11 miles and I could see the traffic just bumper to bumper going back home.

She really wanted to try the fries. At first I said we would get a small
order and some drinks and then head back home for dinner. But when I could
see that the traffic wasn't going to get any better, I had her call my
parents to see if they wanted anything from there. They actually like that
place and eat there often. They did want dinner so we decided just to have
that for dinner. We got some hamburger patties and salads. The salads were
actually the best thing we ate. I don't really like the taste of their
meat.

Ed Pawlowski 23-12-2011 01:27 PM

I tried the BK fries too.

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 03:15:44 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Three orders were very limp. Not overly greasy, but limp. My daughter said
>hers were crisp and she prefers them to be limp.

You got a bad batch if they were limp. My wife and I stopped at a BK
last weekend and we thought they were OK and they sere reasonably
crisply.

I find that fries are usually very consist ant in fast food places
because the parameters are set up and not deviated. Maybe yours were
pulled a bit too soon.

Julie Bove[_2_] 23-12-2011 06:57 PM

I tried the BK fries too.

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 03:15:44 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>Three orders were very limp. Not overly greasy, but limp. My daughter
>>said
>>hers were crisp and she prefers them to be limp.

> You got a bad batch if they were limp. My wife and I stopped at a BK
> last weekend and we thought they were OK and they sere reasonably
> crisply.
>
> I find that fries are usually very consist ant in fast food places
> because the parameters are set up and not deviated. Maybe yours were
> pulled a bit too soon.

That's not the case I've found at all. We tried the fries at Wendy's near
my parent's house and they were very good! But then we tried them at an
Everett location. They were greasy and limp. Their chili was horrid too.
Very watery with very little meat or beans in it. I've also found a big
difference between Dairy Queens. We went to one with my parents one day and
my dad warned us that we should not eat at the one near the high school. I
didn't know why. Now I do. The employees were rude, in a real hurry and
couldn't get an order right if you paid them. And the food was just no
good. That is a very busy location though and they just have people in and
out. I did once go to their drive thru just for an order of fries. I had
to sit there in my car for about 10 minutes. Knowing how busy they
are/were, I would have thought they would have had fries made up ahead of
time. Apparently not.

Chemo the Clown[_2_] 23-12-2011 07:22 PM

I tried the BK fries too.

On Dec 23, 10:57*am, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> > On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 03:15:44 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:

> >>Three orders were very limp. *Not overly greasy, but limp. *My daughter
> >>said
> >>hers were crisp and she prefers them to be limp.

> > You got a bad batch if they were limp. *My wife and I stopped at a BK
> > last weekend and we thought they were OK and they sere reasonably
> > crisply.

> > I find that fries are usually very consist ant in fast food places
> > because the parameters are set up and not deviated. *Maybe yours were
> > pulled a bit too soon.

> That's not the case I've found at all. *We tried the fries at Wendy's near
> my parent's house and they were very good! *But then we tried them at an
> Everett location. *They were greasy and limp. *Their chili was horrid too.
> Very watery with very little meat or beans in it. *I've also found a big
> difference between Dairy Queens. *We went to one with my parents one day and
> my dad warned us that we should not eat at the one near the high school. *I
> didn't know why. *Now I do. *The employees were rude, in a real hurry and
> couldn't get an order right if you paid them. *And the food was just no
> good. *That is a very busy location though and they just have people in and
> out. *I did once go to their drive thru just for an order of fries. *I had
> to sit there in my car for about 10 minutes. *Knowing how busy they
> are/were, I would have thought they would have had fries made up ahead of
> time. *Apparently not.

My local DQ is awesome!

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds 23-12-2011 07:49 PM

I tried the BK fries too.

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> "Andy" > wrote in message ...
> > "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> >
> >> And yuck. They have the taste of a steak fry but they are too small.
> >> Fail. My parents wouldn't eat theirs at all beyond the first bite. My
> >> daughter likes them but then she likes fries that aren't crispy.

> > Julie,
> >
> > Did they go limp as fast as the skinny kind?
> >
> > I couldn't bring myself to try them.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Andy

> Three orders were very limp. Not overly greasy, but limp. My daughter said
> hers were crisp and she prefers them to be limp. BK has never been a
> favorite place of mine but we had gone to another city to donate some
> things. Mainly her outgrown clothes. It took us nearly 2 hours to go about
> 11 miles and I could see the traffic just bumper to bumper going back home.
>
> She really wanted to try the fries. At first I said we would get a small
> order and some drinks and then head back home for dinner. But when I could
> see that the traffic wasn't going to get any better, I had her call my
> parents to see if they wanted anything from there. They actually like that
> place and eat there often. They did want dinner so we decided just to have
> that for dinner. We got some hamburger patties and salads. The salads were
> actually the best thing we ate. I don't really like the taste of their
> meat.

what diabetes problem? certainly not me and my daughter