Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What's your favorite cinema food ?

What's your favorite cinema food you like eating, or would bring with
you if you had to and/or if you could bring with you and why ?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 16, 10:59*am, Tony > wrote:
> What's your favorite cinema food you like eating, or would bring with
> you if you had to and/or if you could bring with you and why ?

Roast beef and mashed taters.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 16, 1:04*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:

> On Dec 16, 10:59*am, Tony > wrote:
>
> > What's your favorite cinema food you like eating, or would bring with
> > you if you had to and/or if you could bring with you and why ?

> Roast beef and mashed taters.

With LOTS of gravy, gotta have the gravy. If I can't have at least a
quart of gravy then I don't want to go to the movies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
> Chemo the Clown wrote:
>> Tony wrote:
>>
>> > What's your favorite cinema food you like eating, or would bring with
>> > you if you had to and/or if you could bring with you and why ?

>> Roast beef and mashed taters.

>With LOTS of gravy, gotta have the gravy. If I can't have at least a
>quart of gravy then I don't want to go to the movies.

Oh my!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tony" > wrote in message
> What's your favorite cinema food you like eating, or would bring with
> you if you had to and/or if you could bring with you and why ?

I like the concept of popcorn. But movie popcorn never tastes good. I can
make it better at home.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 16, 7:21*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:59:24 -0800 (PST), Tony wrote:
> > What's your favorite cinema food you like eating, or would bring with
> > you if you had to and/or if you could bring with you and why ?

> This is my favorite cinema food:
>
> http://drafthouse.com/austin/south_l...our_chef_menu/
>
> It's a link the Alamo Draft House menus. Where you have a massive
> choice of reasonably priced food (not junk food) while you watch your
> movie (which is optional).
>
> I never go to regular cinemas anymore. *Last movie saw in a
> traditional cinema was "XXX" (on it's premiere run).

Are you saying that you're a dirty old lady?

> -sw

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:59:24 -0800 (PST), Tony wrote:
>
>> What's your favorite cinema food you like eating, or would bring with
>> you if you had to and/or if you could bring with you and why ?

> This is my favorite cinema food:
>
> http://drafthouse.com/austin/south_l...our_chef_menu/
>
> It's a link the Alamo Draft House menus. Where you have a massive
> choice of reasonably priced food (not junk food) while you watch your
> movie (which is optional).
>
> I never go to regular cinemas anymore. Last movie saw in a
> traditional cinema was "XXX" (on it's premiere run).

We have a theater here for 21 and over that serves dinner and drinks. The
menu looks nice but I've never been. I don't go to the movies often and
when I do go it is to take my daughter. I personally think they are a waste
of money. Most if not all movies eventually come onto TV. Unless it is
something I am just busting to see (and that would be rare) I just wait.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 16, 11:49*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> > On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:59:24 -0800 (PST), Tony wrote:

> >> What's your favorite cinema food you like eating, or would bring with
> >> you if you had to and/or if you could bring with you and why ?

> > This is my favorite cinema food:

> >http://drafthouse.com/austin/south_l...our_chef_menu/

> > It's a link the Alamo Draft House menus. Where you have a massive
> > choice of reasonably priced food (not junk food) while you watch your
> > movie (which is optional).

> > I never go to regular cinemas anymore. *Last movie saw in a
> > traditional cinema was "XXX" (on it's premiere run).

> We have a theater here for 21 and over that serves dinner and drinks. *The
> menu looks nice but I've never been. *I don't go to the movies often and
> when I do go it is to take my daughter. *I personally think they are a waste
> of money. *Most if not all movies eventually come onto TV. *Unless it is
> something I am just busting to see (and that would be rare) I just wait.

Some movies are just much better on the big screen.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 09:13:19 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

>On Dec 16, 11:49*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>> > This is my favorite cinema food:

>> >http://drafthouse.com/austin/south_l...our_chef_menu/

>> > It's a link the Alamo Draft House menus. Where you have a massive
>> > choice of reasonably priced food (not junk food) while you watch your
>> > movie (which is optional).

>> > I never go to regular cinemas anymore. *Last movie saw in a
>> > traditional cinema was "XXX" (on it's premiere run).

>> We have a theater here for 21 and over that serves dinner and drinks. *The
>> menu looks nice but I've never been. *I don't go to the movies often and
>> when I do go it is to take my daughter. *I personally think they are a waste
>> of money. *Most if not all movies eventually come onto TV. *Unless it is
>> something I am just busting to see (and that would be rare) I just wait.

>Some movies are just much better on the big screen.

I've seen no "big screen" that is anywhere close to as good as my new
55" HDTV. And I can have any snacks I want from my kitchen, even a
full meal, just by clicking the pause button... and I don't have to
miss anything or disturb people when I gotta pee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo the Clown wrote:
> On Dec 16, 11:49�pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>>>This is my favorite cinema food:

>>>http://drafthouse.com/austin/south_l...our_chef_menu/

>>>It's a link the Alamo Draft House menus. Where you have a massive
>>>choice of reasonably priced food (not junk food) while you watch your
>>>movie (which is optional).

>>>I never go to regular cinemas anymore. �Last movie saw in a
>>>traditional cinema was "XXX" (on it's premiere run).

>>We have a theater here for 21 and over that serves dinner and drinks. �The
>>menu looks nice but I've never been. �I don't go to the movies often and
>>when I do go it is to take my daughter. �I personally think they are a waste
>>of money. �Most if not all movies eventually come onto TV. �Unless it is
>>something I am just busting to see (and that would be rare) I just wait.

> Some movies are just much better on the big screen.

Those few remaining "Movie Palaces" are stunning. But while i recently
saw "Funny Girl" at one, visually stunning, absolutely hugh screen and 3
big balconies, i wouldn't go see Peckenpaugh's "Straw Dogs" there

Or anywhere else for that matter

But while i don't really think of food at a movie there's a live theatre
in SF that one can get drinks and food during the performance from the
Irish pub next door A chilled pint of Guinness and a plate of
kollcanon with out the mockery

They only ever put on one show but once or twice a year can be fun and
topical.

Google "Beach Blanket Babylon" if your going to be in SF.

www.beachblanketbabylon.com
--
JL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 16, 1:04*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Dec 16, 10:59*am, Tony > wrote:
>
> > What's your favorite cinema food you like eating, or would bring with
> > you if you had to and/or if you could bring with you and why ?

> Roast beef and mashed taters.

LOL!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 16, 7:21*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:59:24 -0800 (PST), Tony wrote:
> > What's your favorite cinema food you like eating, or would bring with
> > you if you had to and/or if you could bring with you and why ?

> This is my favorite cinema food:
>
> http://drafthouse.com/austin/south_l...our_chef_menu/
>
> It's a link the Alamo Draft House menus. Where you have a massive
> choice of reasonably priced food (not junk food) while you watch your
> movie (which is optional).
>
> I never go to regular cinemas anymore. *Last movie saw in a
> traditional cinema was "XXX" (on it's premiere run).

Have you ever tried the old hand-job trick of sticking yer pecker up
through the bottom of the popcorn tub?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Brooklyn1 says...

> I've seen no "big screen" that is anywhere close to as good as my new
> 55" HDTV. And I can have any snacks I want from my kitchen, even a
> full meal, just by clicking the pause button...

Just admit it Sheldon; you've been watching the microwave again.

and I don't have to
> miss anything or disturb people when I gotta pee.

oh no, not peeing in the dishwasher again..

Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 09:13:19 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> > wrote:

>>> We have a theater here for 21 and over that serves dinner and drinks. The
>>> menu looks nice but I've never been. I don't go to the movies often and
>>> when I do go it is to take my daughter. I personally think they are a waste
>>> of money. Most if not all movies eventually come onto TV. Unless it is
>>> something I am just busting to see (and that would be rare) I just wait.

>> Some movies are just much better on the big screen.

> I've seen no "big screen" that is anywhere close to as good as my new
> 55" HDTV. And I can have any snacks I want from my kitchen, even a
> full meal, just by clicking the pause button... and I don't have to
> miss anything or disturb people when I gotta pee.

Just make sure the room is acoustically treated, good, sound, good
lighting.
Thx certified.

I would probably in some position on a couch.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 03:59:12 +0000 (UTC), gregz >
wrote:

>Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 09:13:19 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
>> > wrote:

>>> Some movies are just much better on the big screen.

>> I've seen no "big screen" that is anywhere close to as good as my new
>> 55" HDTV. And I can have any snacks I want from my kitchen, even a
>> full meal, just by clicking the pause button... and I don't have to
>> miss anything or disturb people when I gotta pee.

>Just make sure the room is acoustically treated, good, sound, good
>lighting.

The new HDTVs have great surround sound even without separate surround
sound speakers. And they don't need any special lighting, they sense
the ambient light and automatically adjust. I couldn't use a larger
screen in my bedroom:
http://i39.tinypic.com/6zrmzs.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:07:46 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>
>> The new HDTVs have great surround sound even without separate surround
>> sound speakers. And they don't need any special lighting, they sense
>> the ambient light and automatically adjust. I couldn't use a larger
>> screen in my bedroom:
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/6zrmzs.jpg

>Sheldon,
>
>DANG! Nice HDTV!!!
>
>Screen size?

This one, however I ended up buying it from Sam's Club:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-XVT553SV/13904846

>Is it on wheels so you can roll it out of the way that does not block your
>property view when not in use! That or bolt it to a dolly

I never thought of placing the stand on wheels. It's a hardwood floor
so if need be I can move it myself, but I've no reason to. It's the
same stand I used for my last TV, A 36" Sony CRT... but the Sony
weighed 207 pounds, this one weihgs like 90 pounds, in comparison this
one is a feather. I never gave much thought to the view from my
bedroom window, as you can see in the picture there is nothing much
out there but woods and the majority of time I spend in that room is
when it's pitch black out... I guess I can count cars as the
headlights pass... it's not a very busy road, maybe 20-30 vehicles
pass the entire night. The last people had heavy draperies at each
window but all I use are shades, and only close them if the sun
streaming in bothers me... that side of my house faces north so sun
never streams in. The only time I'd watch TV from my bed during the
day would be if I were sick. I have a 26" HDTV Vizio in my office...
I watch that one during the day. I have no reason (or desire) to ever
go to a theater again. Last night I watched the Froch-Ward match,
wasn't a memorable fight but was wonderful watching it in HD on that
huge screen.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 17, 7:13*am, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Dec 16, 11:49*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

> > > This is my favorite cinema food:

> > >http://drafthouse.com/austin/south_l...our_chef_menu/

> > > It's a link the Alamo Draft House menus. Where you have a massive
> > > choice of reasonably priced food (not junk food) while you watch your
> > > movie (which is optional).

> > > I never go to regular cinemas anymore. *Last movie saw in a
> > > traditional cinema was "XXX" (on it's premiere run).

> > We have a theater here for 21 and over that serves dinner and drinks. *The
> > menu looks nice but I've never been. *I don't go to the movies often and
> > when I do go it is to take my daughter. *I personally think they are a waste
> > of money. *Most if not all movies eventually come onto TV. *Unless it is
> > something I am just busting to see (and that would be rare) I just wait..

> Some movies are just much better on the big screen.

The theathers play the sound at a very high volume level. The kids dig
it but that stuff flips my wig!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:56:44 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>
>> Subject: What's your favorite cinema food ?
>> From: Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1>

>surround
>>>

>>>Sheldon,
>>>
>>>DANG! Nice HDTV!!!
>>>
>>>Screen size?

>> This one, however I ended up buying it from Sam's Club:
>> http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-XVT553SV/13904846

>I don't have room for an HDTV that size in the kitchen OR the bedroom
>(recessed library shelves) between fixed cabinets where the CRT sits. A
>Stanley tape measuring needs to be conducted.

There are charts on the web that say what size screen for viewing
distance... chart recommended 10' for that size screen. At first I
was apprehensive that it would be too big for the room but no, it's
just perfect... sitting up leaning on my headboard there's 10" from my
eyeballs to that screen. I even had to move that TV to the very
front edge of the stand or the cats would sit on that ledge and bat
the screen. I have to agree, it's not easy figuring where to place
these large TVs... even the 26" one in my office was all I could fit,
I wanted to mount it on the wall but there is no wall across from
where I sit, all closet door... and behind me are windows and not much
wall space, plus it would be impossible to rearrange my furniture,
it's a small office (10'X10') and every sq in is accounted for. I
also refuse to sit in a room with my back to the door.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> Chemo the Clown > wrote:
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>> > We have a theater here for 21 and over that serves dinner and drinks. *The
>> > menu looks nice but I've never been.

We tried one of the local ones. A hundred bucks to see a James Bond
movie in leather seats with cream brulee was too much money to go back.

>> Some movies are just much better on the big screen.

> The theathers play the sound at a very high volume level. The kids dig
> it but that stuff flips my wig!

We bring ear plugs every time we go to the movies. Sometimes we put
them in sometimes we don't. It's clear from looking at the audience
that many like it that loud. It's clear from looking at the screen that
we like the big screen. It takes all kinds.
Member

I like popcorn or burger and fries.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/20/2011 6:58 AM, honeyfrye22 wrote:
> I like popcorn or burger and fries.

It has been decades since I've eaten anything in a movie theater.
The food is way overpriced, and the popcorn smells great but it's nasty.

gloria p

"Did we come here to WATCH or to eat?"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy > wrote:
> Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

>>> surround

> sense

> larger

>>> I don't have room for an HDTV that size in the kitchen OR the bedroom
>>> (recessed library shelves) between fixed cabinets where the CRT sits. A
>>> Stanley tape measuring needs to be conducted.

>> There are charts on the web that say what size screen for viewing
>> distance... chart recommended 10' for that size screen. At first I
>> was apprehensive that it would be too big for the room but no, it's
>> just perfect... sitting up leaning on my headboard there's 10" from my
>> eyeballs to that screen. I even had to move that TV to the very
>> front edge of the stand or the cats would sit on that ledge and bat
>> the screen. I have to agree, it's not easy figuring where to place
>> these large TVs... even the 26" one in my office was all I could fit,
>> I wanted to mount it on the wall but there is no wall across from
>> where I sit, all closet door... and behind me are windows and not much
>> wall space, plus it would be impossible to rearrange my furniture,
>> it's a small office (10'X10') and every sq in is accounted for. I
>> also refuse to sit in a room with my back to the door.

> Sheldon,
>
> Sound quality is a big consideration.
>
> I want front facing speakers on the TV. Backwards facing speakers will
> get muffled/delayed bouncing out of the recessed confines.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Some people probably can't distinguish good sound. I bought another tv.
This one has down firing speakers. As a temporary fix before I install
proper speakers, I had to hang pieces of cardboard in back of them, tilted
forward. Privious tv had front speakers, while also attaching subwoofer,
sounded ok. It's not quite as bad with tv mounted on wall, but mine sticks
out from the wall. Worst thing is when they install tbs in those stupid
entertainment centers.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

MotoFox wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> I know the xXx guy as being Vin Diesel. I put him right up there next to
>> Steven Segal in acting ability.

> (Sorry, I don't know who "Steven Segal" is, so I'm kind of drawing a blank
> as to his acting ability...)

If you're familar with the acting abilities of either you're familiar
with the acting ability of both. One is eye candy to women and *** guys
who like buff. One is eye candy to women and *** guys who like sleek.
But to call their acting wooden is a complement to their directors who
manage to get even that much out of them.

Eye candy is an okay cinema food but I'm too straight and male to
appreciate male eye candy of the Diesel, Segal or Norris sort. Valerie
Bertenelli they are not. ;^)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> Doug Freyburger wrote:
>
>> Eye candy is an okay cinema food but I'm too straight and male to
>> appreciate male eye candy of the Diesel, Segal or Norris sort. Valerie
>> Bertenelli they are not. ;^)

>Yep, Norris is the third one. The three worst American male actors.
>I usually alternate between Chuck and Steve when talking about bad
>actors.

Not even close!

And the winner is...

scroll. . .

scroll. . .

scroll. . .

Sylvester Stallone (2nd runner up)... scroll...

scroll. . .

scroll. . .

scroll. . .

And the winner is... ARRRRNOLD!

Compared with Schwarzenegger Segal is Charlton Heston.