FoodBanter.com

-   -   Caribbean Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/413796-caribbean-chocolate-chip-cookies.html)

lilchuff11 15-12-2011 10:31 AM

Caribbean Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

Prepare some tantalizing chocolate chip cookies with a Caribbean twist.

1 cup of flour
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/2 tsp. of baking powder
1/2 cup of butter
1 large egg
1 tsp. of vanilla essence
1 cup of chocolate chips
5 tbsp. of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of cashew nuts

1. Combine salt, baking soda and flour.

2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.

3. Beat in egg and vanilla essence.

4. Add flour mixture and combine thoroughly.

5. Stir in chocolate chips and cashew nuts.

6. Drop by teaspoons 2? apart on a greased baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F (preheated) for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.

Steve Freides[_2_] 15-12-2011 03:52 PM

lilchuff11 wrote:
> Prepare some tantalizing chocolate chip cookies with a Caribbean
> twist.
>
> 1 cup of flour
> 1/2 tsp. of salt
> 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
> 1/2 cup of butter
> 1 large egg
> 1 tsp. of vanilla essence
> 1 cup of chocolate chips
> 5 tbsp. of granulated sugar
> 1/2 cup of cashew nuts

Not much sugar.

-S-

Gary 15-12-2011 05:04 PM

lilchuff11 wrote:

> Prepare some tantalizing chocolate chip cookies with a Caribbean
> twist.
>
> 1 cup of flour
> 1/2 tsp. of salt
> 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
> 1/2 cup of butter
> 1 large egg
> 1 tsp. of vanilla essence
> 1 cup of chocolate chips
> 5 tbsp. of granulated sugar
> 1/2 cup of cashew nuts

You forgot the Caribbean twist part.

JeanineAlyse 15-12-2011 06:54 PM

On Dec 15, 9:04*am, Gary > wrote:
> You forgot the Caribbean twist part.

Same thought here, what makes this twist? NOthing representing the
Carribbean there that I see,
....Picky

Christopher M.[_3_] 16-12-2011 07:25 PM

"lilchuff11" > wrote in message

> Prepare some tantalizing chocolate chip cookies with a Caribbean
> twist.
>
> 1 cup of flour
> 1/2 tsp. of salt
> 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
> 1/2 cup of butter
> 1 large egg
> 1 tsp. of vanilla essence
> 1 cup of chocolate chips
> 5 tbsp. of granulated sugar
> 1/2 cup of cashew nuts
>
> 1. Combine salt, baking soda and flour.
>
> 2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
>
> 3. Beat in egg and vanilla essence.
>
> 4. Add flour mixture and combine thoroughly.
>
> 5. Stir in chocolate chips and cashew nuts.
>
> 6. Drop by teaspoons 2? apart on a greased baking sheet and bake at 375
> degrees F (preheated) for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.

I saw vanilla essence in the store the other day.

I have no idea what to do with it. Is it like vanilla sugar?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Chemo the Clown[_2_] 16-12-2011 07:35 PM

Caribbean Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

On Dec 16, 11:25*am, "Christopher M." >
wrote:
> "lilchuff11" > wrote in message

> > Prepare some tantalizing chocolate chip cookies with a *Caribbean
> > twist.

> > 1 cup of flour
> > 1/2 tsp. of salt
> > 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
> > 1/2 cup of butter
> > 1 large egg
> > 1 tsp. of vanilla essence
> > 1 cup of chocolate chips
> > 5 tbsp. of granulated sugar
> > 1/2 cup of cashew nuts

> > 1. Combine salt, baking soda and flour.

> > 2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.

> > 3. Beat in egg and vanilla essence.

> > 4. Add flour mixture and combine thoroughly.

> > 5. Stir in chocolate chips and cashew nuts.

> > 6. Drop by teaspoons 2? apart on a greased baking sheet and bake at 375
> > degrees F (preheated) for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.

> I saw vanilla essence in the store the other day.
>
> I have no idea what to do with it. Is it like vanilla sugar?
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Ever heard of Google? I did the work for you.
http://askville.amazon.com/differenc...uestId=6818185

itsjoannotjoann 16-12-2011 07:47 PM

On Dec 15, 12:54*pm, JeanineAlyse > wrote:

> On Dec 15, 9:04*am, Gary > wrote:> You forgot the Caribbean twist part.
>
> Same thought here, what makes this twist? *NOthing representing the
> Carribbean there that I see,
> ...Picky

I guess these cookies are supposed to eaten after we chow down on her
'Caribbean Crab Dip' she's posted as well.