Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Google Groups does not currently support posting to the following usenet groups: 'rec.food.cooking!'"

Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 11, 2011 11:38:47 AM UTC-7, John Kuthe wrote:
> Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!
>
> John Kuthe...

I am posting from the Google web interface...does it not work?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 11, 10:38*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!
>
> John Kuthe...

Replying from GG. I think it's a localized problem.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 11, 12:52*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Dec 11, 10:38*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!

> > John Kuthe...

> Replying from GG. *I think it's a localized problem.

Let's see...

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 11, 12:43*pm, Roy > wrote:
> On Sunday, December 11, 2011 11:38:47 AM UTC-7, John Kuthe wrote:
> > Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!

> > John Kuthe...

> I am posting from the Google web interface...does it not work?

Apparently it does. But this title was in the yellow GoogleGroups
message box when I tried to post something earlier. I just copied it
and posted from Free Agent. (But I am posting this from Googlegroups.)

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 11, 8:38*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!
>
> John Kuthe...

Not only that, it's not true!

9:34
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 11, 1:38*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!
>
> John Kuthe...

I use google groups only. I don't have the same problem as you do,
although google has done that to me in the past. Not very often
though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 11, 2:01*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Dec 11, 12:43*pm, Roy > wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, December 11, 2011 11:38:47 AM UTC-7, John Kuthe wrote:
> > > Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!

> > > John Kuthe...

> > I am posting from the Google web interface...does it not work?

> Apparently it does. But this title was in the yellow GoogleGroups
> message box when I tried to post something earlier. I just copied it
> and posted from Free Agent. (But I am posting this from Googlegroups.)
>
> John Kuthe...

Sometimes, I get an error message of some type, and I have to re
post.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 11, 10:38*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!
>
> John Kuthe...

Must be you...no problem for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 12, 11:49*am, Bull > wrote:
> In article >,
> *John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!

> > John Kuthe...

> Maybe Google kill filed you for lack of a worthy postings. *If you keep
> bad mouthing them they may just cut you off completely. *Upgrade to
> Platinum GOOGLE like I did. You pay nothing you get nothing.
>
> MR BULL

You are truly special! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 11, 12:38*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!
>
> John Kuthe...

John, you're Google Groups problems are related to your setup and your
ISP. I don't ever have the problems you seem to have.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 12, 2:45*pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On Dec 11, 12:38*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!

> > John Kuthe...

> John, you're Google Groups problems are related to your setup and your
> ISP. *I don't ever have the problems you seem to have.
>
> N.

Quite possibly. I have ATT DSL Elite (the fastest DSL they have via
landline phone line) and WinXP Pro SP3 OS, Firefox 3.6.8 browser.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 12, 2:58*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2:45*pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
>
> > On Dec 11, 12:38*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > > Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!

> > > John Kuthe...

> > John, you're Google Groups problems are related to your setup and your
> > ISP. *I don't ever have the problems you seem to have.

> > N.

> Quite possibly. I have ATT DSL Elite (the fastest DSL they have via
> landline phone line) and WinXP Pro SP3 OS, Firefox 3.6.8 browser.
>
> John Kuthe...

But sometimes, like NOW (12/12/2011 2:59PM CST) it works for me
virtually instantly!

Go figure.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/11/2011 8:38 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!
>
> John Kuthe...

That's the web for you. Hopefully, GG will get their act together. OTOH,
GG is more reliable than usenet-news and eternal-you-know-what.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/11/2011 10:38 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!

Ooh, that would be a really wonderful development, if you ask me!

Serene

--
http://www.momfoodproject.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene Vannoy wrote:
> On 12/11/2011 10:38 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!

> Ooh, that would be a really wonderful development, if you ask me!
>
> Serene

ha!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 11, 12:52*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Dec 11, 10:38*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!

> > John Kuthe...

> Replying from GG. *I think it's a localized problem.

It is called PEBKAC.

-J
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 12, 2:58*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2:45*pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
>
> > On Dec 11, 12:38*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > > Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!

> > > John Kuthe...

> > John, you're Google Groups problems are related to your setup and your
> > ISP. *I don't ever have the problems you seem to have.

> > N.

> Quite possibly. I have ATT DSL Elite (the fastest DSL they have via
> landline phone line) and WinXP Pro SP3 OS, Firefox 3.6.8 browser.
>
> John Kuthe...

I have the same connection, and all through using XP and now Windows 7
(and various other OSes on other machines in the house) I have never
once experienced even a hint of the troubles you're always yammering
on about. Yes there is a delay when I post via GG, and I measure it
in "a few minutes". There's also an (albeit shorter) delay when I
post directly to a news server via albasani.net. There may have been
one or two times over the years where a post took 30 minutes to 'show
up' on GG, but I've got about 27 tabs open on Firefox, so I can find
something to do in the meantime.

Remember dialup? Remember UUCP? Better yet, remember when reaching
out and touching somebody meant sitting down and smearing blobs of
lead or graphite onto dead tree guts, and paying a whole bunch of
people to take turns carrying your creation to the person you
intended, and what happened if you got the address wrong?

Please. Find a hobby.

-J
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 12, 10:31*pm, phaeton > wrote:

For the record, it took 15 minutes for my last post to show up.
Meanwhile, the world kept turning and the stomachs kept churning.

-J
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 12, 10:31*pm, phaeton > wrote:
> Remember dialup? *Remember UUCP? *Better yet, remember when reaching
> out and touching somebody meant sitting down and smearing blobs of
> lead or graphite onto dead tree guts, and paying a whole bunch of
> people to take turns carrying your creation to the person you
> intended, and what happened if you got the address wrong?
>
> Please. *Find a hobby.
>
> -J

My first computer was a Timex Sinclair *with* the 16K memory expansion
module! TV for a monitor and a cassette tape storage interface.

The first computer I used was via a teletype terminal with a phone
modem to a mainframe. In Jr High. Then in High School I did FORTRAN
programs on punchcards, rubber banded them together and someone wold
pick them up and run them and we'd get our output on greenbar paper.
The next day or so.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 12, 2011 1:58:08 PM UTC-7, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2:45*pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
> > On Dec 11, 12:38*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> >
> > > Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!

> > > John Kuthe...

> > John, you're Google Groups problems are related to your setup and your
> > ISP. *I don't ever have the problems you seem to have.
> >
> > N.

> Quite possibly. I have ATT DSL Elite (the fastest DSL they have via
> landline phone line) and WinXP Pro SP3 OS, Firefox 3.6.8 browser.
>
> John Kuthe...

Current Firefox is Version 8...update possibly in order?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:04:41 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:

>GG is more reliable than ... eternal-you-know-what.

Not even close.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:17:41 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:

>.... I use both GG and NNTP servers everyday and am very familiar with their
> behavior. What's your experience with these interfaces?

Wow, I'm impressed.

Well, let's see, hmmm, experience -- I was one of the first thousand or so
USEnet users *ever*, from DARPA/MITRE, and am listed in the earliest BBN
printed Internet directories -- (yes, such a thing was once possible).

I have implemented and run NNTP servers, including customized local newsgroups,
for several goverenment agencies. And before, that an assortment of BBSes.

And I've run newsreaders (from RN and TIN through Agent and Thunderbird)
probably ten times a day on average since then, from many NNTP servers.

OK, I take back my first sentence above -- I was pulling your leg. I wasn't
impressed.

GG stinks in every respect: the selective availability, reliability, and the
(IMO) awkward, time-wasting, useless interface.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 14, 2:37*pm, wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:17:41 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:
> >.... I use both GG and NNTP servers everyday and am very familiar with their
> > behavior. What's your experience with these interfaces?

> Wow, I'm impressed.
>
> Well, let's see, hmmm, experience -- I was one of the first thousand or so
> USEnet users *ever*, from DARPA/MITRE, *and am listed in the earliest BBN
> printed Internet directories -- (yes, such a thing was once possible).
>
> I have implemented and run NNTP servers, including customized local newsgroups,
> for several goverenment agencies. And before, that an assortment of BBSes..
>
> And I've run newsreaders (from RN and TIN through Agent and Thunderbird)
> probably ten times a day on average since then, from many NNTP servers.
>
> OK, I take back my first sentence above -- I was pulling your leg. I wasn't
> impressed.
>
> GG stinks in every respect: the selective availability, reliability, and the
> (IMO) awkward, time-wasting, useless interface.
>
> -- Larry

My assumption was that you were a well educated person and starting
your post with "Not even close." was a fine start for your thesis but
then that was all your wrote.

That's fine if you want to leave it at that and in fact, I'd rather
drop this, but just being contradictory does not a convincing argument
make.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 11, 1:38*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> Wow! Talk about sucking supremely!!
>
> John Kuthe...

WHY do you keep harping on this? Your clock is tickin', ya know.
Don't waste precious time on petty crap.