Experienced Member

Location: Trinidad
Default Caribbean Cream of Tomato Soup

A creamy warm delight to satisfy the soul.

1 lb. of peeled chopped tomato
1/2 tsp. of minced garlic
1 tsp. of salt
3 cups of chicken broth
1/2 cup of sliced onion
1 cup of evaporated milk

1. Combine broth, tomato, garlic and onion and boil until tomato is tender.

2. Blend mixture thoroughly and puree.

3. Return to pot and gradually add milk while cooking on low heat until thoroughly heated.

4. Alter salt and pepper to your preference.
__________________
www.caribbeanfoodrecipes.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/10/11 9:03 PM, lilchuff11 wrote:
> A creamy warm delight to satisfy the soul.
>
> 1 lb. of peeled chopped tomato
> 1/2 tsp. of minced garlic
> 1 tsp. of salt
> 3 cups of chicken broth
> 1/2 cup of sliced onion
> 1 cup of evaporated milk

What makes this recipe "Caribbean" ??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba" > wrote in message
> On 12/10/11 9:03 PM, lilchuff11 wrote:
>> A creamy warm delight to satisfy the soul.
>>
>> 1 lb. of peeled chopped tomato
>> 1/2 tsp. of minced garlic
>> 1 tsp. of salt
>> 3 cups of chicken broth
>> 1/2 cup of sliced onion
>> 1 cup of evaporated milk

> What makes this recipe "Caribbean" ??

=======

The name.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
lilchuff11 > wrote:

> A creamy warm delight to satisfy the soul.
>
> 1 lb. of peeled chopped tomato
> 1/2 tsp. of minced garlic
> 1 tsp. of salt
> 3 cups of chicken broth
> 1/2 cup of sliced onion
> 1 cup of evaporated milk
>
> 1. Combine broth, tomato, garlic and onion and boil until tomato is
> tender.
>
> 2. Blend mixture thoroughly and puree.
>
> 3. Return to pot and gradually add milk while cooking on low heat until
> thoroughly heated.
>
> 4. Alter salt and pepper to your preference.

Hey-y-y-y-y, that looks just about like my Slovak Cream ofTomato Soup.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 22:51:34 GMT, "l, not -l" > wrote:

> On 11-Dec-2011, Goomba > wrote:
>
> > On 12/10/11 9:03 PM, lilchuff11 wrote:
> > > A creamy warm delight to satisfy the soul.
> > >
> > > 1 lb. of peeled chopped tomato
> > > 1/2 tsp. of minced garlic
> > > 1 tsp. of salt
> > > 3 cups of chicken broth
> > > 1/2 cup of sliced onion
> > > 1 cup of evaporated milk

> > What makes this recipe "Caribbean" ??

> The use of Bermuda onions 8-)

You're so clever!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 22:51:34 GMT, "l, not -l" > wrote:

>> > What makes this recipe "Caribbean" ??

>> The use of Bermuda onions 8-)

> You're so clever!

except Bermuda is not in the Caribbean.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l, not -l" > wrote in message

>> > You're so clever!

>> except Bermuda is not in the Caribbean.

> Like so many things, Bermuda's inclusion in the Caribbean is a matter of
> interpretation depending on whether one is speaking of geography or
> politics. Geographically speaking, it is not; socio-economically, it is.
> Bermuda is a member of the group known as the Caribbean Community
> (CARICOM).
>
> See http://www.caricom.org/jsp/community...menu=community

that page makes no mention that Bermudan food resembles Caribbean food.

But, I guess none of this matters since the original title to the recipe is
foolish.

Cream of Tomato Soup 4poster Recipes 0 31-07-2012 04:27 AM
Campbell's cream of tomato soup Kent[_2_] General Cooking 174 25-10-2010 01:48 PM
Cream of Sun-dried Tomato Soup International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 05-10-2008 12:49 PM
Golden Cream of Tomato Soup Michele Recipes (moderated) 0 30-09-2006 03:42 AM
Cream of Tomato Soup International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 12-02-2006 05:36 PM