Old 24-11-2011, 06:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default One way to make sure the turkey stays moist and delicious!

http://i.imgur.com/ELew9.jpg

Gonna have an awful lot of fat to skim off the pan drippings to make
gravy though!

John Kuthe...

Old 24-11-2011, 06:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/24/2011 11:15 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/ELew9.jpg

Gonna have an awful lot of fat to skim off the pan drippings to make
gravy though!

Well, the outside of it will be moist, anyway. I don't know about how
the meat will turn out.

Looks like the ghost of Julia Child was here, bundling up her roaster
for the spit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOwptf4ds5k

Old 24-11-2011, 06:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Nov 24, 10:15*am, John Kuthe wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/ELew9.jpg

Gonna have an awful lot of fat to skim off the pan drippings to make
gravy though!

John Kuthe...

I hope the bacon doesn't overtake and mask the taste of the turkey.
Still, loving bacon as I do, that looks
pretty tasty.
Old 24-11-2011, 07:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" wrote in message
On Nov 24, 10:15 am, John Kuthe wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/ELew9.jpg

Gonna have an awful lot of fat to skim off the pan drippings to make
gravy though!

John Kuthe...

I hope the bacon doesn't overtake and mask the taste of the turkey.
Still, loving bacon as I do, that looks
pretty tasty.

That's what I thought. Better to just use fat back.

Old 24-11-2011, 07:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 24, 12:15*pm, John Kuthe wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/ELew9.jpg

Gonna have an awful lot of fat to skim off the pan drippings to make
gravy though!

John Kuthe...

How silly and completely unnecessary.

Old 24-11-2011, 08:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 24, 1:53*pm, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Nov 24, 12:15*pm, John Kuthe wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/ELew9.jpg

Gonna have an awful lot of fat to skim off the pan drippings to make
gravy though!

John Kuthe...

How silly and completely unnecessary.

Oh, I'm not making it! I just found a pic on the Internet of it.

Interesting idea though! As ImStillMags says above, I love bacon too!
And can you imagine the delicious bacony flavor it would lend to not
only the turkey but the gravy too? MmmmmmmmMMMMM!! :-)

John Kuthe...
Old 24-11-2011, 08:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 24, 8:48*am, ImStillMags wrote:
On Nov 24, 10:15*am, John Kuthe wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/ELew9.jpg

Gonna have an awful lot of fat to skim off the pan drippings to make
gravy though!

John Kuthe...

I hope the bacon doesn't overtake and mask the taste of the turkey.
Still, loving bacon as I do, that looks
pretty tasty.

The turkey does get a bacon taste. In this case, it will be pretty
strong. As an added bonus, you can use the bacon cap as a lampshade. I
recommend that you give it a dip in Varithane to discourage critters
and vermin. 💀
Old 24-11-2011, 08:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 24, 9:53*am, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Nov 24, 12:15*pm, John Kuthe wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/ELew9.jpg

Gonna have an awful lot of fat to skim off the pan drippings to make
gravy though!

John Kuthe...

How silly and completely unnecessary.

Not if you're a totally insane bacon guy! OTOH, the only way to insure
a non-dried out turkey is to not over cook your bird. If you don't
know how to do this, you'll just have to get a thermometer.
Old 24-11-2011, 08:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 24, 2:11*pm, dsi1 wrote:
On Nov 24, 8:48*am, ImStillMags wrote:

On Nov 24, 10:15*am, John Kuthe wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/ELew9.jpg

Gonna have an awful lot of fat to skim off the pan drippings to make
gravy though!

John Kuthe...

I hope the bacon doesn't overtake and mask the taste of the turkey.
Still, loving bacon as I do, that looks
pretty tasty.

The turkey does get a bacon taste. In this case, it will be pretty
strong. As an added bonus, you can use the bacon cap as a lampshade. I
recommend that you give it a dip in Varithane to discourage critters
and vermin. 💀

Maybe that's what gave them the idea for turkey bacon! :-)

John Kuthe...
Old 24-11-2011, 08:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 24, 10:06*am, John Kuthe wrote:
On Nov 24, 1:53*pm, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

On Nov 24, 12:15*pm, John Kuthe wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/ELew9.jpg

Gonna have an awful lot of fat to skim off the pan drippings to make
gravy though!

John Kuthe...

How silly and completely unnecessary.

Oh, I'm not making it! I just found a pic on the Internet of it.

Interesting idea though! As ImStillMags says above, I love bacon too!
And can you imagine the delicious bacony flavor it would lend to not
only the turkey but the gravy too? MmmmmmmmMMMMM!! :-)

John Kuthe...

I have made a coat of many bacon before. The idea seemed like a good
one but the taste was too strange. Guess I'm not a totally insane
bacon guy. I used less than a pound of bacon.

Old 24-11-2011, 09:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 24, 2:26*pm, dsi1 wrote:
On Nov 24, 10:06*am, John Kuthe wrote:

On Nov 24, 1:53*pm, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

On Nov 24, 12:15*pm, John Kuthe wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/ELew9.jpg

Gonna have an awful lot of fat to skim off the pan drippings to make
gravy though!

John Kuthe...

How silly and completely unnecessary.

Oh, I'm not making it! I just found a pic on the Internet of it.

Interesting idea though! As ImStillMags says above, I love bacon too!
And can you imagine the delicious bacony flavor it would lend to not
only the turkey but the gravy too? MmmmmmmmMMMMM!! :-)

John Kuthe...

I have made a coat of many bacon before. The idea seemed like a good
one but the taste was too strange. Guess I'm not a totally insane
bacon guy. I used less than a pound of bacon.

Experience speaks! Yes I can imagine. One lesson I try to remember in
cooking "less is more". I really have a tendency to over do things!

John Kuthe...
Old 25-11-2011, 12:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:23:26 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
wrote:

On Nov 24, 2:26*pm, dsi1 wrote:
[...]

Bacon turkey wins the 2011 TIAD award.
The mere thought of such an abomination makes me wanna gack.

THIS is Thanksgiving turkey:
http://i41.tinypic.com/66erep.jpg
Old 25-11-2011, 01:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 19:49:57 -0500, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
snip
THIS is Thanksgiving turkey:
http://i41.tinypic.com/66erep.jpg

That's a really good looking bird.
Janet US
Old 25-11-2011, 01:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 24, 6:49*pm, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

Bacon turkey wins the 2011 TIAD award.
The mere thought of such an abomination makes me wanna gack.

THIS is Thanksgiving turkey:http://i41.tinypic.com/66erep.jpg

Is that the bird you posted a pic of earlier today, Sheldon?

Looks delicious! :-)

John Kuthe...
Old 25-11-2011, 03:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 24, 7:34*pm, Janet Bostwick wrote:
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 19:49:57 -0500, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

snip

THIS is Thanksgiving turkey:
http://i41.tinypic.com/66erep.jpg

That's a really good looking bird.