Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Good Leftover Recipe from Bisquick

Turkey Pumpkin Casserole

Turkey Filling
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
3 cups cooked chopped turkey
2 jars (12 oz each) turkey gravy, or leftover gravy to equal 24 oz
1 package (12 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Pumpkin Biscuit Topping
2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herbs

1 Heat oven to 350 F. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium high heat;
cook
and stir onion and celery about 2 minutes. Stir in remaining filling
ingredients. Spoon mixture into 9x12 inch baking dish.
2 In medium bowl, mix together Bisquick, milk, pumpkin and herbs; stir until
well blended. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls over turkey mixture in dish.
3 Bake uncovered 45 to 55 minutes or until biscuit topping is golden brown.
Let
stand 10 minutes before serving.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

i like everything in this just not sure about the combo. Lees
"Cheri" > wrote in message
> Turkey Pumpkin Casserole
>
> Turkey Filling
> 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
> 1/2 cup chopped onion
> 1/2 cup chopped celery
> 3 cups cooked chopped turkey
> 2 jars (12 oz each) turkey gravy, or leftover gravy to equal 24 oz
> 1 package (12 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
> 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
> 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
> 1/2 teaspoon pepper
>
> Pumpkin Biscuit Topping
> 2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
> 2/3 cup milk
> 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
> 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
>
> 1 Heat oven to 350 F. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium high heat;
> cook
> and stir onion and celery about 2 minutes. Stir in remaining filling
> ingredients. Spoon mixture into 9x12 inch baking dish.
> 2 In medium bowl, mix together Bisquick, milk, pumpkin and herbs; stir
> until
> well blended. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls over turkey mixture in dish.
> 3 Bake uncovered 45 to 55 minutes or until biscuit topping is golden
> brown. Let
> stand 10 minutes before serving.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/24/2011 9:28 AM, Cheri wrote:
> Turkey Pumpkin Casserole
>
> Turkey Filling
> 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
> 1/2 cup chopped onion
> 1/2 cup chopped celery
> 3 cups cooked chopped turkey
> 2 jars (12 oz each) turkey gravy, or leftover gravy to equal 24 oz
> 1 package (12 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
> 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
> 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
> 1/2 teaspoon pepper
>
> Pumpkin Biscuit Topping
> 2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
> 2/3 cup milk
> 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
> 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
>
> 1 Heat oven to 350 F. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium high
> heat; cook
> and stir onion and celery about 2 minutes. Stir in remaining filling
> ingredients. Spoon mixture into 9x12 inch baking dish.
> 2 In medium bowl, mix together Bisquick, milk, pumpkin and herbs; stir
> until
> well blended. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls over turkey mixture in dish.
> 3 Bake uncovered 45 to 55 minutes or until biscuit topping is golden
> brown. Let
> stand 10 minutes before serving.

That sounds wonderful! Since the rest of it isn't all that carby ( I
make my own gravy), I might try the biscuit topping but not with
Bisquick®. Probably self-rising flour and some butter.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hmmmmmm..that sounds really different, Cheri. Have you ever made it? Be
sure and let us know if you do try it out, how it turned out, as I'm
just not too sure about the pumpkin in there, but hey! this could be a
winner, and shouldn't knock it till we try it. We eat a turkey dinner
and then pumpkin pie for dessert, so what's the difference, huh? It all
mixes together anyway! <)

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Judy Haffner" > wrote in message

> Hmmmmmm..that sounds really different, Cheri. Have you ever made it? Be
> sure and let us know if you do try it out, how it turned out, as I'm
> just not too sure about the pumpkin in there, but hey! this could be a
> winner, and shouldn't knock it till we try it. We eat a turkey dinner
> and then pumpkin pie for dessert, so what's the difference, huh? It all
> mixes together anyway! <)

Yes, I have made it Judy. It's really good. No sweet pumpkin in it.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yes, making your own would be good. You can't really taste the pumpkin, but
it keeps the topping biscuits really moist.

Cheri

eb.com...