Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Monte Cristo Sandwich

sf wrote:

> Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Wisdom is knowing that it's a vegetable and putting it on a sandwich.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 20/11/2011 9:42 AM, Gary wrote:
> sf wrote:
>
>> Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

> Wisdom is knowing that it's a vegetable and putting it on a sandwich.

What is the problem with fruit in a sandwich. Peanut butter and jam
sandwiches have fruit in them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 20/11/2011 9:42 AM, Gary wrote:
> > sf wrote:
> >
> >> Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

> > Wisdom is knowing that it's a vegetable and putting it on a sandwich.

> What is the problem with fruit in a sandwich. Peanut butter and jam
> sandwiches have fruit in them.

I've never had peanut butter and tomato sandwich. Who knows though, it
might actually be good?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Dave Smith wrote:

>> > Wisdom is knowing that it's a vegetable and putting it on a sandwich.
>> >

>> What is the problem with fruit in a sandwich. Peanut butter and jam
>> sandwiches have fruit in them.

> I've never had peanut butter and tomato sandwich. Who knows though, it
> might actually be good?

fusion, bordering on confusion.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"barbie gee" > wrote in message
hcrg.pbz...

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2011, jmcquown wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message

>>> Sprinkled with powdered sugar? ICK! No wonder they serve it with
>>> jam. Do you have to throw up after you eat it?
>>>
>>> --

>> When I ate Monte Cristo sandwiches in Memphis restaurants I always asked
>> them to hold the powdered sugar. I'm not sure why they bother with any
>> sort of jam, but it's served in a souffle cup on the side. It's
>> traditional. Sometimes you just don't want to mess with tradition

> maybe the powdered sugar and jam were regional as well.
> In the midwest, I never had one served w/ those additions. ever. first
> I'm hearing of it, actually, and I've been around for decades.

Well, Barbie, maybe it was a mid-southern affectation. I ate a Monte Cristo
in a couple of restaurants in west TN and it was always made this way. I'd
ask them to hold the sugar and simply set the souffle cup of jam to the
side. Now I'm in what is known as the deep south. I was surprised to find
it on the menu. And then they got it wrong, in my experience.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 08:51:31 -0600, barbie gee >
wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Nov 2011, jmcquown wrote:

>> When I ate Monte Cristo sandwiches in Memphis restaurants I always asked them
>> to hold the powdered sugar. I'm not sure why they bother with any sort of
>> jam, but it's served in a souffle cup on the side. It's traditional.
>> Sometimes you just don't want to mess with tradition

>maybe the powdered sugar and jam were regional as well.
>In the midwest, I never had one served w/ those additions. ever. first
>I'm hearing of it, actually, and I've been around for decades.

This is where I first of it too. I always thought the only thing a MC
needed was fries and maybe a pickle.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/20/11 12:51 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> Well, Barbie, maybe it was a mid-southern affectation. I ate a Monte
> Cristo in a couple of restaurants in west TN and it was always made this
> way. I'd ask them to hold the sugar and simply set the souffle cup of
> jam to the side. Now I'm in what is known as the deep south. I was
> surprised to find it on the menu. And then they got it wrong, in my
> experience.
>
> Jill

South Carolina isn't "deep south"....just south.
I've always heard and read of Monte Cristo sandwiches being served with
jam, but never heard or read of a sprinkling of sugar.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba" > wrote in message
> On 11/20/11 12:51 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Well, Barbie, maybe it was a mid-southern affectation. I ate a Monte
>> Cristo in a couple of restaurants in west TN and it was always made this
>> way. I'd ask them to hold the sugar and simply set the souffle cup of
>> jam to the side. Now I'm in what is known as the deep south. I was
>> surprised to find it on the menu. And then they got it wrong, in my
>> experience.
>>
>> Jill

> South Carolina isn't "deep south"....just south.
> I've always heard and read of Monte Cristo sandwiches being served with
> jam, but never heard or read of a sprinkling of sugar.

South Carolina in general may not be "deep south". But it's a big state.
I'm nowhere near the capitol. I'm not even close to Charleston. I'm on a
barrier island off the southernmost tip of SC. The trees are dripping with
Spanish moss and it's about 70F degrees outside. Trust me, this is the deep
south.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/20/11 5:03 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> South Carolina in general may not be "deep south". But it's a big state.
> I'm nowhere near the capitol. I'm not even close to Charleston. I'm on a
> barrier island off the southernmost tip of SC. The trees are dripping
> with Spanish moss and it's about 70F degrees outside. Trust me, this is
> the deep south.
>
> Jill

I know all about SC. I'm about 3 minutes from SC literally. It isn't
considered "deep south" (think Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, etc).
Spanish moss while charming, does not denote "deep south" and it grows
in other areas than near your house. You live in the South now, more
specifically in the lowcountry of South Carolina. No one was questioning
where you lived now or what the temp is outside. Its a couple degrees
warmer at my house than yours, I reckon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba" > wrote in message
> On 11/20/11 5:03 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> South Carolina in general may not be "deep south". But it's a big state.
>> I'm nowhere near the capitol. I'm not even close to Charleston. I'm on a
>> barrier island off the southernmost tip of SC. The trees are dripping
>> with Spanish moss and it's about 70F degrees outside. Trust me, this is
>> the deep south.
>>
>> Jill

> I know all about SC. I'm about 3 minutes from SC literally.

Three minutes? Really? It takes me an hour to get to the airport in
Savannah.

>It isn't considered "deep south" (think Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana,
>etc). Spanish moss while charming, does not denote "deep south" and it
>grows in other areas than near your house. You live in the South now, more
>specifically in the lowcountry of South Carolina. No one was questioning
>where you lived now or what the temp is outside. Its a couple degrees
>warmer at my house than yours, I reckon.

I know where I am. And I've I've been to Alabama and Mississippi (not to
Louisiana). This is every bit as deep south as those places are. I was
merely stating that what I've eaten in states south of the Mason Dixon line
known as a Monte Cristo sandwich included ham, turkey, swiss cheese and was
battered and fried.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sorry jill i just have to ask, Lee
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> How would you prepare one?
>
> I ask because I have been forced to become a member of "the club" where I
> live (long story, don't bother). Since I don't play golf or tennis or
> swim, the only benefit seems to be I can dine at the club. There is a
> public web site that lists the menus of the various dining rooms at the
> club. That description seems to be correct for a Monte Cristo sandwich.
> The private (members only) web site has the same menus, except on it the
> definition of a Monte Cristo is vastly different from my experience. IOW,
> it isn't a Monte Cristo!
>
> So, if you've ever had or were going to make a Monte Cristo sandwich, how
> would you go about it? No googling If you've ever had one you'll know
> it!
>
> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> sorry jill i just have to ask, Lee

Ask what?

Jill

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> How would you prepare one?
>>
>> I ask because I have been forced to become a member of "the club" where I
>> live (long story, don't bother). Since I don't play golf or tennis or
>> swim, the only benefit seems to be I can dine at the club. There is a
>> public web site that lists the menus of the various dining rooms at the
>> club. That description seems to be correct for a Monte Cristo sandwich.
>> The private (members only) web site has the same menus, except on it the
>> definition of a Monte Cristo is vastly different from my experience.
>> IOW, it isn't a Monte Cristo!
>>
>> So, if you've ever had or were going to make a Monte Cristo sandwich, how
>> would you go about it? No googling If you've ever had one you'll
>> know it!
>>
>> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

how did they make you join the club? i can't imagine anyone making you do
anything you don't want to? Lee
"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> sorry jill i just have to ask, Lee

> Ask what?
>
> Jill
>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>> How would you prepare one?
>>>
>>> I ask because I have been forced to become a member of "the club" where
>>> I live (long story, don't bother). Since I don't play golf or tennis or
>>> swim, the only benefit seems to be I can dine at the club. There is a
>>> public web site that lists the menus of the various dining rooms at the
>>> club. That description seems to be correct for a Monte Cristo sandwich.
>>> The private (members only) web site has the same menus, except on it the
>>> definition of a Monte Cristo is vastly different from my experience.
>>> IOW, it isn't a Monte Cristo!
>>>
>>> So, if you've ever had or were going to make a Monte Cristo sandwich,
>>> how would you go about it? No googling If you've ever had one
>>> you'll know it!
>>>
>>> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:56:39 -0600, "Storrmmee"
> wrote:

>how did they make you join the club? i can't imagine anyone making you do
>anything you don't want to? Lee

Homeowners association probably. My friend had a place and got a 200
restaurant bill if he ate there or not. Private country clubs do the
same thing. A $500 mandatory restaurant bill is not unheard of. If
you want to live like a king it's going to cost you. My friend had
pool parties and ordered drinks and munchies to use his up.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 20:00:16 -0500, Honey Badger
> > wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> "Dave > wrote in message
>>> . com...

>>> ROFL! At least my annual dining minimum includes booze
>>>

>> I've heard that's important to you.
>>

> Bull shit. At least she's human - unlike you.

Ummm...I like a good cocktail, too.

-HB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 14:41:05 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:21:54 -0600, Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>> Homeowners association probably. My friend had a place and got a 200
>> restaurant bill if he ate there or not. Private country clubs do the
>> same thing. A $500 mandatory restaurant bill is not unheard of. If
>> you want to live like a king it's going to cost you. My friend had
>> pool parties and ordered drinks and munchies to use his up.

>Did he invite a bunch of low-class floozies and winos? That's what I
>would do just out of spite (if I were in Jill's position where I got a
>free house and free money).

He knew what he was getting into when he bought the place. Most
people do when they buy in a community with a HOA but then like to
complain later. Jills situation my not be typical but if she doesn't
like it she should move. I haven't been following the thread to know
if she complained. I had a vacation home for nine years in a HOA with
no complaints.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> how did they make you join the club? i can't imagine anyone making you do
> anything you don't want to? Lee

Ohhh, that. Yeah, they threatened to put a lien on my house. I consulted
an attorney, who checked out the HOA rules and said yep, they could sue me
for not joining "the Club" and possibly take the house away from me.

Jill

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>> sorry jill i just have to ask, Lee

>> Ask what?
>>
>> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:21:54 -0600, Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>> Homeowners association probably. My friend had a place and got a 200
>> restaurant bill if he ate there or not. Private country clubs do the
>> same thing. A $500 mandatory restaurant bill is not unheard of. If
>> you want to live like a king it's going to cost you. My friend had
>> pool parties and ordered drinks and munchies to use his up.

Hey Lou, I pay whether I eat there or not. What is this eating like a King
business? Burger King? (laughing)

> Did he invite a bunch of low-class floozies and winos? That's what I
> would do just out of spite (if I were in Jill's position where I got a
> free house and free money).
>
> -sw

Steve, that money wasn't free (ever heard of taxes?!) and neither was the
house. I pay property tax, membership dues, assessment fees. And repairs
on a 1987 house are not much fun, either.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:30:43 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> > how did they make you join the club? i can't imagine anyone making you do
> > anything you don't want to? Lee

> Ohhh, that. Yeah, they threatened to put a lien on my house. I consulted
> an attorney, who checked out the HOA rules and said yep, they could sue me
> for not joining "the Club" and possibly take the house away from me.
>
> Jill

People who have done their due diligence know about the CC&Rs and
their stipulations before they buy into a community with a homeowners
association. Complying with the rules is part of the decision making
process to buy a home in that community or not. For you, it's part of
your decision process to stay or leave.

I doubt you'd want wake up to the smell of some guy next door who owns
a roofing company firing up his tar pots before he goes off to work.
So, some of the things you take for granted are what your homeowners
association has made possible.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 20, 9:32*am, sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 20:22:29 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell
>
> > wrote:
> > Cool name for an overweight rapper: "MC Sandwich".

> McDonald's would sic their lawyers on him the moment they got wind of
> it. *A very popular sushi restaurant here ran afoul of McDonald's
> 20-25 years ago... it was called McSushi at the time. *They had to
> change their name or face a costly court battle which they didn't have
> the time or money to engage in, so they cut their losses and changed
> the name.
>
> --
>
> Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Cool story, bro. <rolls eyes>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> how did they make you join the club? i can't imagine anyone making you do
>> anything you don't want to? Lee

>Ohhh, that. Yeah, they threatened to put a lien on my house. I consulted
>an attorney, who checked out the HOA rules and said yep, they could sue me
>for not joining "the Club" and possibly take the house away from me.
>
>Jill

Sounds a lot like active duty military. DH and some friends decided
they did not want to join the Officers' Club. They got called into
their commander's office and it was strongly suggested that if they
did not join it would reflect very badly on their next rating. IOW,
bye bye promotion.

--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 23/11/2011 11:26 AM, The Cook wrote:

>> Ohhh, that. Yeah, they threatened to put a lien on my house. I consulted
>> an attorney, who checked out the HOA rules and said yep, they could sue me
>> for not joining "the Club" and possibly take the house away from me.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Sounds a lot like active duty military. DH and some friends decided
> they did not want to join the Officers' Club. They got called into
> their commander's office and it was strongly suggested that if they
> did not join it would reflect very badly on their next rating. IOW,
> bye bye promotion.

The military is very much like a family, but more of an extended one,
and with people popping in and out of it. It is made up primarily of
people far from home and in need of connections. They do a lot to
encourage that sense of family and connection so that the personnel and
their families do not suffer too badly from homesickness. Some people
might feel more comfortable in a different social setting, but that
means rejecting the club and rejecting its members... their co-workers.
Member

One of the most common is via a newsreader (e.g. Outlook Express). Therefore it is important to include the details of the post to which you are replying, so newsreaders can interpret them correctly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> how did they make you join the club? i can't imagine anyone making you do
>> anything you don't want to? Lee

>Ohhh, that. Yeah, they threatened to put a lien on my house. I consulted
>an attorney, who checked out the HOA rules and said yep, they could sue me
>for not joining "the Club" and possibly take the house away from me.
>
>Jill

You needed a lawyer to check this out? When you got the house didn't
they give you a book with all the laws in it? The HOA I was in even
had it online.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 06:53:26 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:30:43 -0500, "jmcquown" >
>wrote:
>

>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> > how did they make you join the club? i can't imagine anyone making you do
>> > anything you don't want to? Lee

>> Ohhh, that. Yeah, they threatened to put a lien on my house. I consulted
>> an attorney, who checked out the HOA rules and said yep, they could sue me
>> for not joining "the Club" and possibly take the house away from me.
>>
>> Jill
>>

>People who have done their due diligence know about the CC&Rs and
>their stipulations before they buy into a community with a homeowners
>association. Complying with the rules is part of the decision making
>process to buy a home in that community or not. For you, it's part of
>your decision process to stay or leave.
>
>I doubt you'd want wake up to the smell of some guy next door who owns
>a roofing company firing up his tar pots before he goes off to work.
>So, some of the things you take for granted are what your homeowners
>association has made possible.

llorent actually made a logical post for a change.

Lou<---shocked

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:26:27 -0500, The Cook >
wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:30:43 -0500, "jmcquown" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>> how did they make you join the club? i can't imagine anyone making you do
>>> anything you don't want to? Lee

>>Ohhh, that. Yeah, they threatened to put a lien on my house. I consulted
>>an attorney, who checked out the HOA rules and said yep, they could sue me
>>for not joining "the Club" and possibly take the house away from me.
>>
>>Jill
>>

>Sounds a lot like active duty military. DH and some friends decided
>they did not want to join the Officers' Club. They got called into
>their commander's office and it was strongly suggested that if they
>did not join it would reflect very badly on their next rating. IOW,
>bye bye promotion.

Good gawd! That has nothing to do with a HOA.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:47:03 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 23/11/2011 11:26 AM, The Cook wrote:
>
>>> Ohhh, that. Yeah, they threatened to put a lien on my house. I consulted
>>> an attorney, who checked out the HOA rules and said yep, they could sue me
>>> for not joining "the Club" and possibly take the house away from me.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> Sounds a lot like active duty military. DH and some friends decided
>> they did not want to join the Officers' Club. They got called into
>> their commander's office and it was strongly suggested that if they
>> did not join it would reflect very badly on their next rating. IOW,
>> bye bye promotion.
>>

>The military is very much like a family, but more of an extended one,
>and with people popping in and out of it. It is made up primarily of
>people far from home and in need of connections. They do a lot to
>encourage that sense of family and connection so that the personnel and
>their families do not suffer too badly from homesickness. Some people
>might feel more comfortable in a different social setting, but that
>means rejecting the club and rejecting its members... their co-workers.

Again this has nothing to do with a HOA. Not even close.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:40:15 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:21:54 -0600, Lou Decruss wrote:
>>
>>> Homeowners association probably. My friend had a place and got a 200
>>> restaurant bill if he ate there or not. Private country clubs do the
>>> same thing. A $500 mandatory restaurant bill is not unheard of. If
>>> you want to live like a king it's going to cost you. My friend had
>>> pool parties and ordered drinks and munchies to use his up.

>Hey Lou, I pay whether I eat there or not.

If you're going to respond to me after announcing you have me
killfiled several times at least read what I wrote. This kind of
stupidity is why I've picked on you.

>What is this eating like a King business?

Again you didn't read. I typed live and not king. You live on an
island in a gated community with a private restaurant. I'd say that's
living pretty well.

>Burger King? (laughing)

Do you always laugh at things that aren't funny?

>> Did he invite a bunch of low-class floozies and winos? That's what I
>> would do just out of spite (if I were in Jill's position where I got a
>> free house and free money).
>>
>> -sw

>Steve, that money wasn't free (ever heard of taxes?!) and neither was the
>house. I pay property tax, membership dues, assessment fees. And repairs
>on a 1987 house are not much fun, either.

Awww... poor jill inherited a bunch of stuff and had to pay some
taxes.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 23, 2:51*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:40:15 -0500, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:

> >Hey Lou, *I pay whether I eat there or not.

> If you're going to respond to me after announcing you have me
> killfiled several times at least read what I wrote. *This kind of
> stupidity is why I've picked on you.
>
> >What is this eating like a King business?

> Again you didn't read. *I typed live and not king. *You live on an
> island in a gated community with a private restaurant. *I'd say that's
> living pretty well.
>
> >Burger King? (laughing)

> Do you always laugh at things that aren't funny?
>
> >> Did he invite a bunch of low-class floozies and winos? *That's what I
> >> would do just out of spite (if I were in Jill's position where I got a
> >> free house and free money).

> >> -sw

> >Steve, that money wasn't free (ever heard of taxes?!) and neither was the
> >house. *I pay property tax, membership dues, assessment fees. *And repairs
> >on a 1987 house are not much fun, either.

> Awww... poor jill inherited a bunch of stuff and had to pay some
> taxes.
>
> Lou

Let her have her satisfaction. She doesn't have anybody in her life
who loves her.

Jill, enjoy being the one in the community that everybody avoids.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> How would you prepare one?
>
> I ask because I have been forced to become a member of "the club" where I
> live (long story, don't bother). Since I don't play golf or tennis or
> swim, the only benefit seems to be I can dine at the club. There is a
> public web site that lists the menus of the various dining rooms at the
> club. That description seems to be correct for a Monte Cristo sandwich.
> The private (members only) web site has the same menus, except on it the
> definition of a Monte Cristo is vastly different from my experience. IOW,
> it isn't a Monte Cristo!
>
> So, if you've ever had or were going to make a Monte Cristo sandwich, how
> would you go about it? No googling If you've ever had one you'll know
> it!
>
> Jill

IIRC a Monte Cristo is essentially a 3 Decker club sandwich which has been
battered and deep fried - served with a variety of jams and jellies.

A bar favorite in the mid 60's (IIRC)

Dimitri

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:30:43 -0500, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> > how did they make you join the club? i can't imagine anyone making you
>> > do
>> > anything you don't want to? Lee

>> Ohhh, that. Yeah, they threatened to put a lien on my house. I
>> consulted
>> an attorney, who checked out the HOA rules and said yep, they could sue
>> me
>> for not joining "the Club" and possibly take the house away from me.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> People who have done their due diligence know about the CC&Rs and
> their stipulations before they buy into a community with a homeowners
> association.

(snippage)

Due diligence? You know I didn't buy this house.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> How would you prepare one?
>>
>> I ask because I have been forced to become a member of "the club" where I
>> live (long story, don't bother). Since I don't play golf or tennis or
>> swim, the only benefit seems to be I can dine at the club. There is a
>> public web site that lists the menus of the various dining rooms at the
>> club. That description seems to be correct for a Monte Cristo sandwich.
>> The private (members only) web site has the same menus, except on it the
>> definition of a Monte Cristo is vastly different from my experience.
>> IOW, it isn't a Monte Cristo!
>>
>> So, if you've ever had or were going to make a Monte Cristo sandwich, how
>> would you go about it? No googling If you've ever had one you'll
>> know it!
>>
>> Jill

> IIRC a Monte Cristo is essentially a 3 Decker club sandwich which has been
> battered and deep fried - served with a variety of jams and jellies.
>
> A bar favorite in the mid 60's (IIRC)
>
> Dimitri

And the 1980's! And only recommended every 20 years

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:21:54 -0600, Lou Decruss wrote:
>>
>>> Homeowners association probably. My friend had a place and got a 200
>>> restaurant bill if he ate there or not. Private country clubs do the
>>> same thing. A $500 mandatory restaurant bill is not unheard of. If
>>> you want to live like a king it's going to cost you. My friend had
>>> pool parties and ordered drinks and munchies to use his up.

> Hey Lou, I pay whether I eat there or not. What is this eating like
> a King business? Burger King? (laughing)
>
>> Did he invite a bunch of low-class floozies and winos? That's what I
>> would do just out of spite (if I were in Jill's position where I got a
>> free house and free money).
>>
>> -sw

> Steve, that money wasn't free (ever heard of taxes?!) and neither was
> the house. I pay property tax, membership dues, assessment fees. And
> repairs on a 1987 house are not much fun, either.
>
> Jill

I'll take a free $5,000,000 home and happily pay the taxes, insurance,
etc. with earned money, too!

-HB (WTF?)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> how did they make you join the club? i can't imagine anyone making
>> you do anything you don't want to? Lee

> Ohhh, that. Yeah, they threatened to put a lien on my house. I
> consulted an attorney, who checked out the HOA rules and said yep,
> they could sue me for not joining "the Club" and possibly take the
> house away from me.
>
> Jill

>>> Ask what?
>>>
>>> Jill

You need an attorney to read the covenants and restrictions of the deed
for the house that was handed to you? You are ****ing money away.

-HB
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Honey Badger wrote:

>You need an attorney to read the covenants and restrictions of the deed
>for the house that was handed to you?

I'm sure she already knew most of the details of her parent's house.
But even if she didn't know about the clubhouse what was she to do,
let it go to the state/abandon it so it can deteriorate? People quite
often inherit items they likely can't afford to keep... she's
fortunate it's only a house and not a 70' yacht. It has already been
suggested that she sell it and buy a more manageable home that's
located somewhere more to her liking. Even though it's a depressed
housing market property on golf courses is not so affected... golfers
by default are not so sane, the typical golfer spends more on balls
than a family of five spends of groceries. And there is nothing
unusual about inheriting ones parent's property, I'm sure Jill would
prefer to still have her parents. Everyone who is debasing her is
just a low IQ envious bitter ******* whose parents must have left
their estate to a charity instead of their parasitic children.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:16:29 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:30:43 -0500, "jmcquown" >
> > wrote:

> >> Ohhh, that. Yeah, they threatened to put a lien on my house. I
> >> consulted
> >> an attorney, who checked out the HOA rules and said yep, they could sue
> >> me
> >> for not joining "the Club" and possibly take the house away from me.
> >>
> >> Jill
> >>

> > People who have done their due diligence know about the CC&Rs and
> > their stipulations before they buy into a community with a homeowners
> > association.

> (snippage)
>
> Due diligence? You know I didn't buy this house.

Of course I know. I didn't say anything to the contrary.

"People who have done their due diligence know about the CC&Rs and
their stipulations before they buy into a community with a homeowners
association. Complying with the rules is part of the decision making
process to buy a home in that community or not. *For you*, it's part
of *your* decision process to stay or leave."

What part of the *for you* sentence didn't you understand? You
inherited a house; and I'm pretty sure your parents decided you can do
with it what you want, because there were no stipulations in the will
telling you what you can or can't do with it. So, you have choices.
You can stay, pay up and abide by the rules or you can sell and move
elsewhere. The choice is yours; you're a big girl and those are the
HOA rules.. You're choosing to stay; so pay up and abide by their
rules.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

that being the case, i would go there and eat what took the cook the longest
to make, and complain if it weren't eperfect... but all the while smiling, i
might also bring in someone to be the homeless guy who is your guest, if you
knew an actor in a local ameture theatre i would bring "mr. Homeless" to
dinner anytime john wasn't visiting, lol, Lee
"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> how did they make you join the club? i can't imagine anyone making you
>> do anything you don't want to? Lee

> Ohhh, that. Yeah, they threatened to put a lien on my house. I consulted
> an attorney, who checked out the HOA rules and said yep, they could sue me
> for not joining "the Club" and possibly take the house away from me.
>
> Jill

>>> Ask what?
>>>
>>> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 15:27:02 -0600, "Storrmmee"
> wrote:

>that being the case, i would go there and eat what took the cook the longest
>to make, and complain if it weren't eperfect... but all the while smiling, i
>might also bring in someone to be the homeless guy who is your guest, if you
>knew an actor in a local ameture theatre i would bring "mr. Homeless" to
>dinner anytime john wasn't visiting, lol, Lee

How childish.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

yep don't like what i write block me, i don't care what you thinks, it is
her money and she can spend it how she wants, oh wait, she has to spend it
to keep her money so why not get entertainement out of it, you need to
lighten up, Lee
"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 15:27:02 -0600, "Storrmmee"
> > wrote:
>
>>that being the case, i would go there and eat what took the cook the
>>longest
>>to make, and complain if it weren't eperfect... but all the while smiling,
>>might also bring in someone to be the homeless guy who is your guest, if
>>you
>>knew an actor in a local ameture theatre i would bring "mr. Homeless" to
>>dinner anytime john wasn't visiting, lol, Lee

> How childish.
>
> Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:51:20 -0600, "Storrmmee"
> wrote:

>yep don't like what i write block me, i don't care what you thinks, it is
>her money and she can spend it how she wants, oh wait, she has to spend it
>to keep her money so why not get entertainement out of it, you need to
>lighten up, Lee

Don't tell me what to do. Jill's attitude is wrong and she's even
stated the law isn't on her side. Creating a circus in a private
restaurant is pretty low class. If you don't like the rules then
move.

Lou

>"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 15:27:02 -0600, "Storrmmee"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>that being the case, i would go there and eat what took the cook the
>>>longest
>>>to make, and complain if it weren't eperfect... but all the while smiling,
>>>might also bring in someone to be the homeless guy who is your guest, if
>>>you
>>>knew an actor in a local ameture theatre i would bring "mr. Homeless" to
>>>dinner anytime john wasn't visiting, lol, Lee

>> How childish.
>>
>> Lou

Monte Cristo sandwich .. what up with the jam? RocketMan Historic 7 02-11-2007 12:57 AM
Bennigan's Monte Cristo Deweydecimal Recipes (moderated) 0 06-10-2006 11:19 PM
Monte Cristo SS Recipes (moderated) 0 03-10-2006 04:40 AM
Monte Cristo Sandwich Charles Gifford Historic 12 01-05-2004 08:54 AM