Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Question recently about soup in Asian countries

I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
who is from India about soup. The conversation drifted as often they
do. But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian. We
got to talking about that so I never found out about soup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 10:18*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
> who is from India about soup. *The conversation drifted as often they
> do. *But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
> people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian.

I've yet to meet an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/10/2011 11:18 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
> who is from India about soup. The conversation drifted as often they do.
> But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most people of
> India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian. We got to
> talking about that so I never found out about soup.

I worked with a guy from India who'd go to Burger King and order
meatless Whoppers. Go figure. I guess it wasn't all that easy
to find vegetarian fare at that time.

Or he just liked meatless Whoppers.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
> who is from India about soup. The conversation drifted as often they
> do. But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
> people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian. We
> got to talking about that so I never found out about soup.

I've worked with a number of Indian immigrants who ate neither beef nor
pork who were happy to eat sea food, chicken, turkey, lamb or goat.
I've worked with a smaller number who were vegitarians. So I don't
think the "most" part is accurate. A much larger minority than among
westerners at least.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/11/2011 3:51 AM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
> On Nov 10, 10:18 pm, > wrote:
>> I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
>> who is from India about soup. The conversation drifted as often they
>> do. But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
>> people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian.
>>

> I've yet to meet an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian.

I have met an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian. Several.

We had an Indian at our wedding reception. He was the son of a business
associate of my father in law. He was not just a vegetarian, he was a
Jaine, and those guys has some strange dietary rules.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> On 11/10/2011 11:18 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>> I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
>> who is from India about soup. The conversation drifted as often they
>> do. But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
>> people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian.
>> We got to talking about that so I never found out about soup.
>>

> I worked with a guy from India who'd go to Burger King and order
> meatless Whoppers. Go figure. I guess it wasn't all that easy
> to find vegetarian fare at that time.
>
> Or he just liked meatless Whoppers.
>
> nancy

OK, what the heck is a "meatless Whopper"? Is it the bun, and everything
that would normally come on a Whopper, minus the meat?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"A.Nonny.Mouse" wrote:

>OK, what the heck is a "meatless Whopper"? Is it the bun, and everything
>that would normally come on a Whopper, minus the meat?

A dago vegetarian... but yoose knew that. LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:51:47 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann
> wrote:

> On Nov 10, 10:18*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> > I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
> > who is from India about soup. *The conversation drifted as often they
> > do. *But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
> > people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian.
> >

> I've yet to meet an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian.

I'll second that... but there must be a few Islamic and Christian
Indians hiding somewhere.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/11/2011 2:18 PM, A.Nonny.Mouse wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 11/10/2011 11:18 PM, Cheryl wrote:

>>> people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian.
>>> We got to talking about that so I never found out about soup.
>>>

>> I worked with a guy from India who'd go to Burger King and order
>> meatless Whoppers. Go figure. I guess it wasn't all that easy
>> to find vegetarian fare at that time.
>>
>> Or he just liked meatless Whoppers.
>>

> OK, what the heck is a "meatless Whopper"? Is it the bun, and everything
> that would normally come on a Whopper, minus the meat?

Yup. And he'd ask for a discount, too.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/11/2011 12:22 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 11/11/2011 2:18 PM, A.Nonny.Mouse wrote:
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> I worked with a guy from India who'd go to Burger King and order
>>> meatless Whoppers. Go figure. I guess it wasn't all that easy
>>> to find vegetarian fare at that time.
>>>
>>> Or he just liked meatless Whoppers.
>>>

>> OK, what the heck is a "meatless Whopper"? Is it the bun, and everything
>> that would normally come on a Whopper, minus the meat?

> Yup. And he'd ask for a discount, too.

I liked them when I was a vegetarian, and they gave me a discount
without my asking. If I recall, it was 35 cents less or something like that.

Serene

--
http://www.momfoodproject.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/11/2011 3:27 PM, Serene Vannoy wrote:
> On 11/11/2011 12:22 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> OK, what the heck is a "meatless Whopper"? Is it the bun, and everything
>>> that would normally come on a Whopper, minus the meat?

>> Yup. And he'd ask for a discount, too.

> I liked them when I was a vegetarian, and they gave me a discount
> without my asking. If I recall, it was 35 cents less or something like
> that.

How interesting. Sounds about what I remember, too, the 35 cents.
He had to ask a manager, who seemed puzzled about the whole thing.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 12:44*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 11/11/2011 3:51 AM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
>
> > On Nov 10, 10:18 pm, > *wrote:
> >> I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
> >> who is from India about soup. *The conversation drifted as often they
> >> do. *But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
> >> people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian.

> > I've yet to meet an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian.

> I have met an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian. *Several.
>
> We had an Indian at our wedding reception. He was the son of a business
> associate of my father in law. He was not just a vegetarian, he was a
> Jaine, and those guys has some strange dietary rules.

It's Jain, and they're individuals just like "real" people. Everybody
in this thread is so eager to generalize about a country of 1.2
Billion people. I work in IT and I've known many dozens of people from
India. Some vegetarian, some won't eat beef, some Jain (although I've
never met a strict Jain) and one guy who said "if it tastes good I eat
it". There are many who will eat beef, but it's definitely a minority.
If you're talking about people who live in India, a lot of their diet
is guided by circumstance although it has been codified by religion in
lots of cases. A lot of the ones who make it to the West realize the
religion stuff was just a bunch of bullshit and start to eat what's
readily available.

Or maybe you guys actually believe that no Catholics eat meat on
Friday during lent (or whatever the current rule is).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/11/2011 3:51 AM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
> On Nov 10, 10:18 pm, > wrote:
>> I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
>> who is from India about soup. The conversation drifted as often they
>> do. But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
>> people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian.
>>

> I've yet to meet an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian.

I talked to one of my co-workers and he said the exact same thing! He
said most Indians especially if they live in India are vegetarians. We
got to talking about that and I forgot to ask about vegetarian soups.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/11/2011 12:36 PM, Doug Freyburger wrote:
> Cheryl wrote:
>>
>> I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
>> who is from India about soup. The conversation drifted as often they
>> do. But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
>> people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian. We
>> got to talking about that so I never found out about soup.

> I've worked with a number of Indian immigrants who ate neither beef nor
> pork who were happy to eat sea food, chicken, turkey, lamb or goat.
> I've worked with a smaller number who were vegitarians. So I don't
> think the "most" part is accurate. A much larger minority than among
> westerners at least.

I just rewrote to Joan what I wrote last night. Weeee the vicodins are
making me loopier.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/11/2011 5:32 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 11/11/2011 3:51 AM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
>> On Nov 10, 10:18 pm, > wrote:
>>> I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
>>> who is from India about soup. The conversation drifted as often they
>>> do. But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
>>> people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian.
>>>

>> I've yet to meet an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian.

> I talked to one of my co-workers and he said the exact same thing! He
> said most Indians especially if they live in India are vegetarians. We
> got to talking about that and I forgot to ask about vegetarian soups.

OMG I am so loopy these days. I am going to stop posting for a while
until the vicodins and pain are a little more under control. I'm so
embarrassed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> I worked with a guy from India who'd go to Burger King and order
> meatless Whoppers. Go figure. I guess it wasn't all that easy
> to find vegetarian fare at that time.
>
> Or he just liked meatless Whoppers.

Ha! Get this. Many years ago, Hardee's had a "fixings bar" with all the
things you ever wanted on a hamburger. So my daughter and I would go and
buy just the cheap plain hamburgers and turn them into deluxe burgers.

One day there, they somehow forgot to put the meat on one of them - it was
just the bun with ketchup and mustard and a pickle slice. I took it back to
the counter and they gave me a replacement and told me I could just keep the
original one.

OK. So I decided to treat the meatless bun the same and fixed it up like
the others and it turned out just as good as the others too. I really
didn't even notice the absence of the meat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 1:18*pm, "A.Nonny.Mouse" > wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
> > On 11/10/2011 11:18 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> >> I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
> >> who is from India about soup. The conversation drifted as often they
> >> do. But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
> >> people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian.
> >> We got to talking about that so I never found out about soup.

> > I worked with a guy from India who'd go to Burger King and order
> > meatless Whoppers. *Go figure. *I guess it wasn't all that easy
> > to find vegetarian fare at that time.

> > Or he just liked meatless Whoppers.

> > nancy

> OK, what the heck is a "meatless Whopper"? *Is it the bun, and everything
> that would normally come on a Whopper, minus the meat?

Yep, you got it. The Indian guy at work would order a 'vegetarian'
Whopper. Just the bun and the toppings, no meat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl > wrote:

>On 11/11/2011 3:51 AM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

>> I've yet to meet an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian.

>I talked to one of my co-workers and he said the exact same thing! He
>said most Indians especially if they live in India are vegetarians.

This is largely because during The Great Partition most of the non-
vegetarians relocated to Pakistan, and the few who were left became
culturally assimilated.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

>> I've yet to meet an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian.

> I'll second that... but there must be a few Islamic and Christian
> Indians hiding somewhere.

Wikipedia says, "Contrary to popular belief, India is not a predominantly
vegetarian country"

India has lots of different religions, and only one of them (Buddhism) is
supposed to be vegetarian. The Indian religious demographics a

Hindus 80.5%
Muslims 13.4%
Christians 2.3%
Sikhs 1.9%
Buddhists 0.8%
Jains 0.4%
Bahá'ís 0.18%

Hindus are not allowed to eat beef, and Wikipedia states, "Most also avoid
the meat of water buffalo and yak as being too cow-like as well as pork,
crabs, reptiles, amphibians, and snails." So that leaves poultry, goat,
lamb, shellfish, fish (including eels), and more exotic meats like elephant.

Muslims are not allowed to eat pork (and SUPPOSEDLY not allowed to eat
shellfish, but I've seen that one broken frequently, so I guess it depends
on exactly where you live).

Of course, just because your religion ALLOWS you to eat meat doesn't mean
that you DO eat meat. The vegetarians might just be frugal.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger > wrote:

>Hindus are not allowed to eat beef

I thought they could eat downer cows.

S.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 8:18*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
> who is from India about soup. *The conversation drifted as often they
> do. *But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
> people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian. *We
> got to talking about that so I never found out about soup.

Not true. Most Indians are not vegetarian.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 18:45:55 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

> Of course, just because your religion ALLOWS you to eat meat doesn't mean
> that you DO eat meat. The vegetarians might just be frugal.

I'll agree with that, of course.

I think that in the deep dark past - before people were militant about
being vegetarian, I met natives of India who were not vegetarian...
but in the last decade or three I can't say the Indians I've eaten
meals with were carnivores.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/11/2011 10:44 PM, Helpful person wrote:

> On Nov 10, 8:18 pm, > wrote:
>> I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
>> who is from India about soup. The conversation drifted as often they
>> do. But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
>> people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian. We
>> got to talking about that so I never found out about soup.

> Not true. Most Indians are not vegetarian.

Very informative, thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

>I think that in the deep dark past - before people were militant about
>being vegetarian, I met natives of India who were not vegetarian...
>but in the last decade or three I can't say the Indians I've eaten
>meals with were carnivores.

They're omnivores.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Nov 12, 4:59*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> sf wrote:
>
> >I think that in the deep dark past - before people were militant about
> >being vegetarian, I met natives of India who were not vegetarian...
> >but in the last decade or three I can't say the Indians I've eaten
> >meals with were carnivores.

> They're omnivores.

A little more than 80 percent of the population of India is Hindu.
Hindus do not eat beef, and strict Hindus are vegetarian. I don't
know how many are considered "strict". The most delicious vegetarian
meals I've had were at Indian restaurants hosted by Indian
acquaintances who were vegetarian. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 9:45*pm, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:
> sf wrote:
> >> I've yet to meet an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian.

> > I'll second that... but there must be a few Islamic and Christian
> > Indians hiding somewhere.

> Wikipedia says, "Contrary to popular belief, India is not a predominantly
> vegetarian country"
>
> India has lots of different religions, and only one of them (Buddhism) is
> supposed to be vegetarian. The Indian religious demographics a
>
> Hindus * * 80.5%
> Muslims * *13.4%
> Christians *2.3%
> Sikhs * * * 1.9%
> Buddhists * 0.8%
> Jains * * * 0.4%
> Bahá'ís * * 0.18%
>
> Hindus are not allowed to eat beef, and Wikipedia states, "Most also avoid
> the meat of water buffalo and yak as being too cow-like as well as pork,
> crabs, reptiles, amphibians, and snails." So that leaves poultry, goat,
> lamb, shellfish, fish (including eels), and more exotic meats like elephant.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 12, 1:23*pm, aem > wrote:
> On Nov 12, 4:59*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>
> > sf wrote:

> > >I think that in the deep dark past - before people were militant about
> > >being vegetarian, I met natives of India who were not vegetarian...
> > >but in the last decade or three I can't say the Indians I've eaten
> > >meals with were carnivores.

> > They're omnivores.

> A little more than 80 percent of the population of India is Hindu.
> Hindus do not eat beef, and strict Hindus are vegetarian. *I don't
> know how many are considered "strict". *The most delicious vegetarian
> meals I've had were at Indian restaurants hosted by Indian
> acquaintances who were vegetarian. * -aem

God you people are morons. This is about food, not religion. Yes, in
the past the two were tied closely. Not as much anymore. Do you know
what the dietary rules of your religion are? Do you follow them? Do
you even have a religion anymore? Do you imagine that 1.2 Billion
people are more backward than you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 6:53*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:
> Cheryl > wrote:
> >On 11/11/2011 3:51 AM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
> >> I've yet to meet an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian.

> >I talked to one of my co-workers and he said the exact same thing! *He
> >said most Indians especially if they live in India are vegetarians.

> This is largely because during The Great Partition most of the non-
> vegetarians relocated to Pakistan, and the few who were left became
> culturally assimilated.
>
> Steve

Wow, here's an even more stupid generalization. So it was all about
food? You are aware that this was about Hindus vs. Muslims? Aren't
you? I know, you'll claim that isn't what you were saying. Save it
retard.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 12, 7:59*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> sf wrote:
>
> >I think that in the deep dark past - before people were militant about
> >being vegetarian, I met natives of India who were not vegetarian...
> >but in the last decade or three I can't say the Indians I've eaten
> >meals with were carnivores.

> They're omnivores.

Learn a new word, punchy? What was your ****ing point?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 10:23:15 -0800 (PST), aem >
wrote:

>On Nov 12, 4:59*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>> sf wrote:
>>
>> >I think that in the deep dark past - before people were militant about
>> >being vegetarian, I met natives of India who were not vegetarian...
>> >but in the last decade or three I can't say the Indians I've eaten
>> >meals with were carnivores.

>> They're omnivores.

>A little more than 80 percent of the population of India is Hindu.
>Hindus do not eat beef, and strict Hindus are vegetarian. I don't
>know how many are considered "strict". The most delicious vegetarian
>meals I've had were at Indian restaurants hosted by Indian
>acquaintances who were vegetarian.

Everyone I've ever met who claimed to be a vegetarian ate meat by
exception... I've had some prolonged and heated discussions with
so-called vegetarians who claimed that fish and/or poultry were
permitted. ALL vegetarians veg by time constraints... most last like
a few days, eat meat, then go back to vegging a few more days, and so
on. I've known so-called vegetarians who would sneak meat by driving
miles from home and gorging on deli sandwiches in the parking lot...
like those Jews who claimed to keep kosher but would travel to eat
Chinese... I guess they figure that if no one who knew then saw
them...

Banned

Interesting conversation going on about the Indians. Well, there are many Indians who are omnivores i.e eat meat too. I guess, it is mostly the older generations who are strict about being vegetarians. The younger generation is not as strict and many are non-veg.
The *Brahmans* is a group of Hindus, who is strictly vegetarian..
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 12, 2:57*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 10:23:15 -0800 (PST), aem >
> wrote:

> >> They're omnivores.

> >A little more than 80 percent of the population of India is Hindu.
> >Hindus do not eat beef, and strict Hindus are vegetarian. *I don't
> >know how many are considered "strict". *The most delicious vegetarian
> >meals I've had were at Indian restaurants hosted by Indian
> >acquaintances who were vegetarian.

> Everyone I've ever met who claimed to be a vegetarian ate meat by
> exception... I've had some prolonged and heated discussions with
> so-called vegetarians who claimed that fish and/or poultry were
> permitted. *ALL vegetarians veg by time constraints... most last like
> a few days, eat meat, then go back to vegging a few more days, and so
> on. *I've known so-called vegetarians who would sneak meat by driving
> miles from home and gorging on deli sandwiches in the parking lot...
> like those Jews who claimed to keep kosher but would travel to eat
> Chinese... I guess they figure that if no one who knew then saw
> them...

Nonsense. There are plenty of people like you describe. There are also
people who are truly vegetarian or vegan for life. There are also
people who are completely kosher. I have known multiple people over
the years, mostly from India, who would never eat any type of animal
just becuase they never have. I'm sure their beliefs entered into it,
but it was not some big sacrifice on their part. They just never have
eaten animals. It's a big old world, and your experience is very
limited.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

BillyZoom > wrote:

>On Nov 11, 6:53*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:

>> This is largely because during The Great Partition most of the non-
>> vegetarians relocated to Pakistan, and the few who were left became
>> culturally assimilated.

>Wow, here's an even more stupid generalization. So it was all about
>food?

Try reading for content....

S.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 12, 8:09*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:
> BillyZoom > wrote:
> >On Nov 11, 6:53 pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:
> >> This is largely because during The Great Partition most of the non-
> >> vegetarians relocated to Pakistan, and the few who were left became
> >> culturally assimilated.

> >Wow, here's an even more stupid generalization. So it was all about
> >food?

> Try reading for content....
>
> S.

Try writing for content. Shit. For. Brains.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 1:11*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:51:47 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
> > On Nov 10, 10:18*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> >> I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
> >> who is from India about soup. *The conversation drifted as often they
> >> do. *But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
> >> people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian.

> > I've yet to meet an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian.

> Then you need to live in San Jose or Austin. *We have very few Indian
> restaurants that don't serve meat (about 20% don't, if that). *And
> they don't just serve Americans. *I have worked with too many Indians
> than I would prefer, and very few of them were vegetarians.
>
> I didn't understand the OP's question, if there even was one.
>
> -sw

Shhhh! Don't upset their world view. Despite the fact that they
couldn't possibly fit 50 of their own friends into 5 categories when
it comes to food AND religion, they think it's appropriate to do that
with over a billion people. They're Indians after all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 8:13*am, BillyZoom > wrote:
> On Nov 13, 1:11*am, Sqwertz > wrote:

> > > I've yet to meet an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian.

> > Then you need to live in San Jose or Austin. *We have very few Indian
> > restaurants that don't serve meat (about 20% don't, if that). *And
> > they don't just serve Americans. *I have worked with too many Indians
> > than I would prefer, and very few of them were vegetarians.

> > I didn't understand the OP's question, if there even was one.

> > -sw

> Shhhh! Don't upset their world view. Despite the fact that they
> couldn't possibly fit 50 of their own friends into 5 categories when
> it comes to food AND religion, they think it's appropriate to do that
> with over a billion people. They're Indians after all.

I didn't say ALL Indians throughout the WHOLE world are vegetarians,
dunce, I said _I've_ yet to meet one who isn't. Good grief, Billy
boy you're putting to much into my statement.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 9:37*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 06:13:02 -0800 (PST), BillyZoom wrote:
> > Shhhh! Don't upset their world view. Despite the fact that they
> > couldn't possibly fit 50 of their own friends into 5 categories when
> > it comes to food AND religion, they think it's appropriate to do that
> > with over a billion people. They're Indians after all.

> Don't try and side with me. *I think you're a bigger idiot than most
> of the others here. *I just haven't mentioned it until now.
>
> So now you know.
>
> -sw

Well, that's just peachy. Do you have a comment on what I posted? Who
the **** cares what you think of me? I know I don't. Try to have a
conversation, squirt. I wasn't "siding" with you. I was making a
comment. You do understand this whole internet thing...don't you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 10:07*pm, ItsJoanNotJoann >
wrote:
> On Nov 13, 8:13*am, BillyZoom > wrote:

> > > Then you need to live in San Jose or Austin. *We have very few Indian
> > > restaurants that don't serve meat (about 20% don't, if that). *And
> > > they don't just serve Americans. *I have worked with too many Indians
> > > than I would prefer, and very few of them were vegetarians.

> > > I didn't understand the OP's question, if there even was one.

> > > -sw

> > Shhhh! Don't upset their world view. Despite the fact that they
> > couldn't possibly fit 50 of their own friends into 5 categories when
> > it comes to food AND religion, they think it's appropriate to do that
> > with over a billion people. They're Indians after all.

> I didn't say ALL Indians throughout the WHOLE world are vegetarians,
> dunce, I said *_I've_ *yet to meet one who isn't. *Good grief, Billy
> boy you're putting to much into my statement.- Hide quoted text -

How many Indians have you met? Because unless you live in India, you
are really meeting some atypical Indians. I was correcting your
mistaken assumptions. You threw them out there and they're wrong. Suck
it, bitch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 14, 10:32*pm, Orlando Enrique Fiol > wrote:
> wrote:
> >I have met an Indian who wasn't a vegetarian. *Several.

> Most are either Bengali, Muslim or Christian, with a smattering of Hindu
> nonvegetarians who often eat meat only when out.
>
> >We had an Indian at our wedding reception. He was the son of a business
> >associate of my father in law. He was not just a vegetarian, he was a
> >Jaine, and those guys has some strange dietary rules.

> You can say that again. They won't even tolerate insects inadvertently getting
> trampled underfoot.
>
> Orlando

You're an imbecile who just read that on the Internet. I know Jains
and the ones I know are not so extreme. They know they're living in
the real world and they adapt. Are you a christian? Do you masturbate?
How could you possibly do that?